SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

You guys wouldn't know about hard work.
I was worked like a borrowed mule my entire career
I can recall driving almost 400 miles a time or two without a nap.
You can count on one hand, the times I actually touched a piece of freight in 35 yrs.
After being retired 30 yrs, I'm still tired, waiting in my recliner for mama to bring me another beer.
:couch::guiness:Here you go Pops ,Your an Icahn and a Titan of the trucking industry.:shift:.We all aspire to be like to the Kool Breeze.

Just talked to some of my ex-coworkers and things aren’t going well at my old terminal. Inner fighting for hours and guys just tired of the favoritism that is played. This company will never become unionized but they need one more than any other major LTL company out here today. SAIA takes being hired “at will” to a whole different level.

Just talked to some of my ex-coworkers and things aren’t going well at my old terminal. Inner fighting for hours and guys just tired of the favoritism that is played. This company will never become unionized but they need one more than any other major LTL company out here today. SAIA takes being hired “at will” to a whole different level.
Hey Train ,are you bitter at SAIA or something ? You couldn't even make it here five years and since you're no longer employed here you always post something negative about Saia .Why would you care ? So tell me, How are you enjoying "retirement"?

Hey Train ,are you bitter at SAIA or something ? You couldn't even make it here five years and since you're no longer employed here you always post something negative about Saia .Why would you care ? So tell me, How are you enjoying "retirement"?
Because 90% of things are negative at SAIA. I planned on working until I turned 65 but I went at 63 because of all the camera nonsense. I really don’t care and I post mainly for a couple of close friends that still work at SAIA because they can’t beat the paycheck and they are drowning in debt. No flexibility keeps many stuck with very few options. So many are simply scared to try something new and sell themselves way too short. Bitterness? That isn’t the word. It would be more disgust or perhaps even anger of how they intimidate and bully many of their employees and prey off the weaknesses in their character. Retirement is great so thanks for asking. I really don’t come on here very much these days so just ignore my negativity. I view this company as simply a paycheck or perhaps a steppingstone to something greater. We should all aspire to greatness driver!

Last edited:
Because 90% of things are negative at SAIA. I planned on working until I turned 65 but I went at 63 because of all the camera nonsense. I really don’t care and I post mainly for a couple of close friends that still work at SAIA because they can’t beat the paycheck and they are drowning in debt. No flexibility keeps many stuck with very few options.

Train. I took a big hit in the market the past few weeks, how bout sending me a few bucks till I can find my wife a job.

Train. I took a big hit in the market the past few weeks, how bout sending me a few bucks till I can find my wife a job.
You just had to remind me how my 401K is doing. Thanks a lot! You’re just a goldbricker. You ever heard of that term old timer? Not buying your story.

I got out my grandpa’s old fly rod the other day, I’m thinking of taking up a new obsession.

About a hundred years ago, I went fly fishing in the mountains.
I managed to catch 2 huge trout about the size of my frozen, shriveled tally whacker after falling in 476 degrees below zero water.
Almost broke my wrist, did manage to break my rod.
I said to myself, "self, I hope you are smart enough to stay the hell outta these mountain fishing streams with a fly rod."
So far, I've been true to my word and left the flyfishing to someone else.

About a hundred years ago, I went fly fishing in the mountains.
I managed to catch 2 huge trout about the size of my frozen, shriveled tally whacker after falling in 476 degrees below zero water.
Almost broke my wrist, did manage to break my rod.
I said to myself, "self, I hope you are smart enough to stay the hell outta these mountain fishing streams with a fly rod."
So far, I've been true to my word and left the flyfishing to someone else.
The way things are today that was safer than the grocery store

Train's opinion, on DLS, is hardly unique. I drove Linehaul for over 20 years and for several of those years, I transited thru DLS, on my way home. Normally, I would be in and out of DLS, in just a couple of hours, but even then It was miserable. From time to time and the absolute last thing I wanted to hear, from Central Dispatch, was "laydown in DLS." That's how they described it. To this day, I would describe it as being sent to the Grand Prairie Gulag. The absolute worst bunkhouse and truck retrieval fiasco, that I ever had to deal with and then had to deal with DLS Linehaul Dispatch. Yes, just a peach of a 24 hour time frame.
I have recently used the Saia early retirement option and have moved into the light. I can't speak for Train but I can tell you that retirement is everything and more, that I wished and hoped that it would be. With a few exceptions, my Saia time was cordial. It was beneficial to both the company and me. They got freight moved, on schedule, with no accidents, plus, I played well with others. As for me and my family, we received a good financial opportunity, for over 20 years.
Even though the company and I have parted ways, there are some things that will still strike a nerve. Part of the list includes getting rid of the Volvos, the installation of the driver cameras, and the miserable and can't wait to get out of here experiences of dealing with the DLS terminal.
Now, it is time to go. You tube is just waiting with the Stooges, Bugs Bunny, and crap I haven't even found yet. Retirement life is good. Ya'll take care and I'll be around.

Train's opinion, on DLS, is hardly unique. I drove Linehaul for over 20 years and for several of those years, I transited thru DLS, on my way home. Normally, I would be in and out of DLS, in just a couple of hours, but even then It was miserable. From time to time and the absolute last thing I wanted to hear, from Central Dispatch, was "laydown in DLS." That's how they described it. To this day, I would describe it as being sent to the Grand Prairie Gulag. The absolute worst bunkhouse and truck retrieval fiasco, that I ever had to deal with and then had to deal with DLS Linehaul Dispatch. Yes, just a peach of a 24 hour time frame.
I have recently used the Saia early retirement option and have moved into the light. I can't speak for Train but I can tell you that retirement is everything and more, that I wished and hoped that it would be. With a few exceptions, my Saia time was cordial. It was beneficial to both the company and me. They got freight moved, on schedule, with no accidents, plus, I played well with others. As for me and my family, we received a good financial opportunity, for over 20 years.
Even though the company and I have parted ways, there are some things that will still strike a nerve. Part of the list includes getting rid of the Volvos, the installation of the driver cameras, and the miserable and can't wait to get out of here experiences of dealing with the DLS terminal.
Now, it is time to go. You tube is just waiting with the Stooges, Bugs Bunny, and crap I haven't even found yet. Retirement life is good. Ya'll take care and I'll be around.
Congratulations. Be well.

Now that you have joined the elite, congrats are in order for the Count.
As I've posted before, you will go all day long, doing absolutely nothing and never know when you're finished.
Best wishes, stay safe.