SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

So I’m curious to know what/if the company lost in the second quarter compared to the savings in 401 match, raise forfeiture and insurance hike. Oh yeah, and a bunch of 10 year + free insurance employees.

So I’m curious to know what/if the company lost in the second quarter compared to the savings in 401 match, raise forfeiture and insurance hike. Oh yeah, and a bunch of 10 year + free insurance employees.

If some of their employees would work and not stay home watching the race, they would do ok.

DCOVR0S.jpg

It’s a secure company and it’s a job! The only good thing I can say about SAIA LTL FREIGHT.

Missed this the first time. What was lost in 401(k) match? Less than $1k I’m betting. Still great insurance, although I don’t comprehend the inclusion of the free for ten years as a complaint. The lack of raise I can agree with, unless, of course, we also get one in July.

Missed this the first time. What was lost in 401(k) match? Less than $1k I’m betting. Still great insurance, although I don’t comprehend the inclusion of the free for ten years as a complaint. The lack of raise I can agree with, unless, of course, we also get one in July.
That may be true on the match amount, but keep in mind, there’s thousands of employees enrolled in this, even at at 50% ratio and who knows what salaried are giving including bonuses and incentives that got terminated. Also many we’re permanently furloughed in management which account for Hugh salary/insurance give backs, many took the early retirement, and hundreds of 10+ employees with free insurance up and quit which would account for Hugh savings also. Insurance went up also.Point being, I’m always grateful for a raise but can’t imagine without all the fat trimmed that these savings attributed to our new raise. Would you consider this a wash? Doesn’t matter to me in the end, I’m here for the money as well. The numbers across the board are squeed here and everyone knows it.

That may be true on the match amount, but keep in mind, there’s thousands of employees enrolled in this, even at at 50% ratio and who knows what salaried are giving including bonuses and incentives that got terminated. Also many we’re permanently furloughed in management which account for Hugh salary/insurance give backs, many took the early retirement, and hundreds of 10+ employees with free insurance up and quit which would account for Hugh savings also. Insurance went up also.Point being, I’m always grateful for a raise but can’t imagine without all the fat trimmed that these savings attributed to our new raise. Would you consider this a wash? Doesn’t matter to me in the end, I’m here for the money as well. The numbers across the board are squeed here and everyone knows it.
Just shut up! You’re lucky YOU have a job. Most TM’s standard response when you question anything.:1036316054:

I stated my thoughts on the raise. Hit us again in July, and no grumbling. I posted somewhere in here that the company taking into account the stimulus checks (as it relates to an individuals total gross income) was shrewd business, I stand by that. I also stand by still good insurance. Furloughed employees? Well, we’ve seen this before, as has OD (Mr Train).

I stated my thoughts on the raise. Hit us again in July, and no grumbling. I posted somewhere in here that the company taking into account the stimulus checks (as it relates to an individuals total gross income) was shrewd business, I stand by that. I also stand by still good insurance. Furloughed employees? Well, we’ve seen this before, as has OD (Mr Train).
I understand you have to stand by your company. I get it! All I’m saying is on the BS meter.... SAIA stands alone at the top. In LTL very few come close. It’s all about the money for all the players. I’d just think SAIA would be a little more driver friendly.

Taking a government stimulus check into account when discussing compensation for employees is a slap in the face to those employees and the taxpayers that will ultimately foot the bill for any stimulus checks. I give Saia credit in that they have always been able to fill their staff with BS and cook their books in a fashion that looks decent to investors. Then they get their TM's and other management personnel to throw attitude at the front line workers that they "should be happy to have a job" and "if you don't like it you can leave." What a terrible way to treat people. Why can't Saia be a leader in the industry, take the high road, and recognize and understand that at the heart of it, Saia is a TRUCKING company. What does a trucking company NEED? Drivers and loaders! Everything else is just support staff. It's along the same lines of: I've never NEEDED a politician, but I've NEEDED a mechanic, truck driver, cashier, etc. I don't need a TM with an attitude telling me that I should break my back for a company that doesn't appreciate me. Management needs to understand and adopt that philosophy. There are trucking companies that have adopted that philosophy and have thrived. But I guess this is Saia's way of staying in the middle of the pack and shows their complacency. Long term complacency leads to failure.

Yep. You’re both correct. Such a :::shit:::ty company/job, you both continue to post negativity on here. Years after your employment ended. It’s a job, not a spouse. Get over it.

Yep. You’re both correct. Such a ::::shit::::ty company/job, you both continue to post negativity on here. Years after your employment ended. It’s a job, not a spouse. Get over it.
Well, we aren't wrong. It's not negative if it's the truth. I'm glad you are happy where you are at. Good for you, and fight the good fight. But I would look elsewhere long term. I used to think as you do, but time and again I saw things that were truly eye opening.

Taking a government stimulus check into account when discussing compensation for employees is a slap in the face to those employees and the taxpayers that will ultimately foot the bill for any stimulus checks. I give Saia credit in that they have always been able to fill their staff with BS and cook their books in a fashion that looks decent to investors. Then they get their TM's and other management personnel to throw attitude at the front line workers that they "should be happy to have a job" and "if you don't like it you can leave." What a terrible way to treat people. Why can't Saia be a leader in the industry, take the high road, and recognize and understand that at the heart of it, Saia is a TRUCKING company. What does a trucking company NEED? Drivers and loaders! Everything else is just support staff. It's along the same lines of: I've never NEEDED a politician, but I've NEEDED a mechanic, truck driver, cashier, etc. I don't need a TM with an attitude telling me that I should break my back for a company that doesn't appreciate me. Management needs to understand and adopt that philosophy. There are trucking companies that have adopted that philosophy and have thrived. But I guess this is Saia's way of staying in the middle of the pack and shows their complacency. Long term complacency leads to failure.
So true, we’ll never TRULY be on OD’s playing level with there mentality. Pretty sad when they know how to do it and just don’t.