SAIA | Now there's a real Go-Getter...

currious trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
NlaPXkl.jpg

Depending on who you are that would get you a write up or ever worse. Again, it just depends on who you are. No trailer number but you did capture the plate and date so he could be tracked down. Let’s hope he’s on the good side of management. I’ve seen Go-Getters get screwed and walked out.

Last edited:
So, who is the dock supervisor that let that load leave the dock? And the driver who pulled it? This is offensive to the entire trucking industry and gives all of us a bad rap. People, please...stop being stupid!

So, who is the dock supervisor that let that load leave the dock? And the driver who pulled it? This is offensive to the entire trucking industry and gives all of us a bad rap. People, please...stop being stupid!
I was thinking he just made his last pickup. Unless he had some room in the cab.

That looks like something I would see on I-35 South headed towards Mexico....I wonder what Karla darling would think about this?

He was terminated the next morning!
While I agree that the driver was definitely at fault, I will reiterate that there are more people that need to be trained/disciplined on this issue. It’s easy to scapegoat the driver. Follow should be made to the trainer, dispatch, and TM.

That looks like something I would see on I-35 South headed towards Mexico....I wonder what Karla darling would think about this?
You mean the convoys of cars being towed and straight trucks with half of the car hanging out the back? Looks like the car is about to bounce out of the back of the truck.

Last edited:
They do this everyday in my barn , lucky they didn't ram :censored: it so it would fit. Even hazmat , if you say something then you will be punished by the TM and am dispatcher.
And that is condoned? Wow. Sounds like the DOT and FMCSA should be alerted to these illegal practices. I bet if Saia was suspended from hauling Hazmat for a while they would take notice.

And that is condoned? Wow. Sounds like the DOT and FMCSA should be alerted to these illegal practices. I bet if Saia was suspended from hauling Hazmat for a while they would take notice.
This is wrong on so many levels that I don’t even know where to start. Let’s just take one. It’s company policy that all trailers must be pad locked. So now they are making exceptions. ****ing unreal !!

Just another policy that is randomly enforced. My question is this: say that pallet fell off the truck and killed a mother taking her kids hone from school. Mom is deceased, and kids are alive but have permanent mental and physical impairments. Would Saia even care? And how many $$$ would it take to settle? These are the kind of cases that never see a courtroom. Hey Saia...don’t you care about the health and safety of the general public? Prove it!

I am looking at this a little differently..... let's just say that this trailer was a flat bed with one of those roller top canvas..... you can over hang the freight 4 foot as long as you put a red flag on it.... grant it this is shrink wrapped skid but it's only hanging over a few inches.... in my eyes it appears to be secured pretty good .... the straps act as a freight net.... as a flat bed would haul.... the only difference I can see is that the freight is strapped to the front holding it in ... instead of straight down as a flat bed...

Now would I go on a line haul trip with it... heck no.... but a few miles in the city maybe.... probably not...

My point is I don't think it is illegal what he doing..... the load appears to be secured and hanging out a few inches if not just at the tail ....

I don't think I would do this. Send another truck to pick it up. It will provide additional jobs to the industry.

Just my opinion of course not that it matters to anyone...lol

Fact is...it is illegal. Van type trailers must have the door(s) secured before driving on any public road.

Open type, flat bed, tarped...falls u see a different set of rules. It’s apples to bowling balls.

What this driver did gives trucking a bad name. Also makes Saia look really bad.

I hear you, Stimpy. I was thinking the same thing. When the company I work at was a smaller “family” one, that’s something I would’ve considered to do if I was a couple miles from the yard. But the corporate monster with all the rules I work for now....oh heck no. Need another truck, dispatch..

Fact is...it is illegal. Van type trailers must have the door(s) secured before driving on any public road.

Open type, flat bed, tarped...falls u see a different set of rules. It’s apples to bowling balls.

What this driver did gives trucking a bad name. Also makes Saia look really bad.
Saia looks retarded regardless