Oak Harbor Teamster Update

What do we do, rule on it until it gets to a Union person so it goes their way? Get over it. And remember, the Union does not control all, they only suck people into believeing that crap. And Familyman, our customers do not want people who are puppets. To unreliable. You made your bed, sleep in it.

I think the local unions will be broke from paying out strike benefits if we have to wait for the sloth-like bureaucracy that is the NLRB to rule again. These are the original charges that instigated this labor action, this is the first regional board ruling. The union played fair and they won, reinstatement is the right thing for Oak Harbor to do at this point. As far as the customers go current freight levels, and yards full of empty trailers contradict your statement. For the most part I don't think customers care much one way or another as long as they are not brought in to the dispute.

Why would you be telling someone that just won the NLRB decision that they made their bed? That just makes no sense to me.

I say Teamsters return to work in their former functions and seniority and negotiations can continue as they had in the past, the VP's can keep ol' Rexroat on speed dial and do it all over again if they want, but I doubt they have the financial fortitude to go through the union breaking process all over again.

What do we do, rule on it until it gets to a Union person so it goes their way? Get over it. And remember, the Union does not control all, they only suck people into believeing that crap. And Familyman, our customers do not want people who are puppets. To unreliable. You made your bed, sleep in it.

?????????puppet????????
only puppet I see is you, doing what your told and not having the b***s to stand up for yourself. I probably have more loyal customers than you ever did or will. They actually do care about us out here, we were the ones servicing them for years we know them like family and you cannot get that from "replacements"

Hey 8ball why didn't you mention the other cases such as
19-CA-31538-001 Pending Disposition. It is funny how things seem to be left out such as that.

I only stated that as a response to earlier posts that this was the case being referenced. No intent to omit anything however, in the past it has been brought up that more than local 174 has made charges. I am simply refering to the case that represents all locals, not just 174. In addition case number 19-CA-31597 was filed on a more recent date. If the latter was submitted to include all locals with the same or similar charges, its likely to cancel out the other.

Case 19-CA-31538-001 filed 9/18/08 only lists local 174, while 19-CA-31597-001, filed 10/31/08 lists Teamsters Locals81,174,231,252,324,483,589,690,760,763,839,and 962

that brings up an interesting point, if 174 is the only local named in the charges that are found to have merit. Do the conditions of the ULP ruling also apply to sympathetic locals?

that brings up an interesting point, if 174 is the only local named in the charges that are found to have merit. Do the conditions of the ULP ruling also apply to sympathetic locals?

I would think that if a company is quilty of unfair labor it would apply to the entire company not just one barn.

That is a good point. Who are the effected parties? I know that the thought is all for one and one for all but if this is the case should it really have effected all of us? Or di 1 BA make a big mistake? Just questions asking for thoughts.

I think the local unions will be broke from paying out strike benefits if we have to wait for the sloth-like bureaucracy that is the NLRB to rule again. These are the original charges that instigated this labor action, this is the first regional board ruling. The union played fair and they won, reinstatement is the right thing for Oak Harbor to do at this point. As far as the customers go current freight levels, and yards full of empty trailers contradict your statement. For the most part I don't think customers care much one way or another as long as they are not brought in to the dispute.

Why would you be telling someone that just won the NLRB decision that they made their bed? That just makes no sense to me.
I say Teamsters return to work in their former functions and seniority and negotiations can continue as they had in the past, the VP's can keep ol' Rexroat on speed dial and do it all over again if they want, but I doubt they have the financial fortitude to go through the union breaking process all over again.

Maybe making your bed was a bad choice of words, what I should have said is life is full of choices and when we make a choice we live with that choice. We make it because we believe in it. It was not meant to be harmful it is simply that with your hardships you have expressed, I would feel your losses more if you accepted the situation and move on to help yourself and your family, hold yourself accountable. Good grief man don't sink your own ship.

Good grief man don't sink your own ship.

Are you kidding it is already a sinking ship, they are in life boats fighting til the end. I can only hope that when it finally goes under that the swirls of water from OHFL going under doesn't suck the life boats under as well. Most know that there will not be much to go back to if OHFL are able to stay afloat.