ODFL | OD dock to driver failures

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
This company so concerned on guys gettin ot but yet will waste 4-6 months training a failure from the dock just cuz he show up to work every day,,,,, 3-4 of them months spent being with a city driver then when finish they still fail their test 4 times,,, go back to workin the dock until Od want the money back all of a sudden these nobodies able to pass test,,…

Happen almost every dock to grad..,, after they pass they crash new trucks into everything driver,,, I mean everything but yet company don want to give ot

Make u scratch your head n say wtf

When I see these dock to grad I give ‘em no time of day bc they lower then truck driving school rookie,,, they just short timer anyway

Most of ours that did that done pretty good

Its the OTR washouts that Im more worried about. We had 2 of them idiots that decapitated 2 straight trucks under the same low bridge
Driver u not kiddin,,.. 10-fo we seen em come in wearing them sweatpants to do city unbelievable driver

I dont know.

I have a lot of trouble in small trucks. Little box trucks. Little dainty trucks with less than the 18 wheels that are allowed. I run into everything with these smaller trucks. And I own a really small truck that pretty much needs a few parking spots to make it fit. HA.

What really kills my mancard or trucker card rather is I get to puking in these little small bouncy trucks. I cannot hold my tummy so good.

You dont hand newbies new trucks. You get the most dented, whored and abused truck on the property that EVERYONE had a turn at. Then the newbies can give it a go. A few more dents wont matter a whit.

Eventually they get a nicer truck. But never a new truck. Not for a while.

You know those toys in the store? Not for children under 8 years old? Same with the newest trucks. Not to be given to newbies without adult supervision.

I was given a cherry tractor trailer twice in my lifetime. One with 10 miles on odometer and the other with 6 miles. Those two trucks were not exactly productive as I clucked, loved on and spent a great deal of time preening the damn thing afraid of a scratch or dent or scuff.

I dont know.

I have a lot of trouble in small trucks. Little box trucks. Little dainty trucks with less than the 18 wheels that are allowed. I run into everything with these smaller trucks. And I own a really small truck that pretty much needs a few parking spots to make it fit. HA.

What really kills my mancard or trucker card rather is I get to puking in these little small bouncy trucks. I cannot hold my tummy so good.

You dont hand newbies new trucks. You get the most dented, whored and abused truck on the property that EVERYONE had a turn at. Then the newbies can give it a go. A few more dents wont matter a whit.

Eventually they get a nicer truck. But never a new truck. Not for a while.

You know those toys in the store? Not for children under 8 years old? Same with the newest trucks. Not to be given to newbies without adult supervision.

I was given a cherry tractor trailer twice in my lifetime. One with 10 miles on odometer and the other with 6 miles. Those two trucks were not exactly productive as I clucked, loved on and spent a great deal of time preening the damn thing afraid of a scratch or dent or scuff.
New trailer at a small company is worse , get busted for 52 foot scratch

I had a newer trailer years ago with the first of it's kind ABS back there.

Well, the nimrods in Dispatch sent me to this little barn near Quantico on US1 that sits up on it's own grassy hilltop. Whomever thought to build a barn must be a lover of self punishment to heft the stuff up all that way. However with that little place being used as a mini warehouse to take a trailer load, I was the one getting to it.

By the time they got me unloaded what do you know... 6 inches of wet snow and beginning to sleet.

Here I am hoisted on my own petard looking straight down blind side at a hoillar that has about a 300 foot fall past a fence that does not belong to me. The gravity of the situation demands I fall down that way before I get back onto pavement to the left.

I managed to get it to the road. But what I had to abuse the trailer with damaged the ABS system. But I did not wreck anything or get killed trying.

When the suits got ahold of the call from the shop they yanked me into the back office and started a one way conversation delivered at top volume. Never gave me a chance to tell them that their precious beloved virgin ABS did its job properly while it had the time to do it.

You would think the Geniuses that invented that trucking ABS back there would realize there are some bigger rocks in the ground that it was not designed to handle.

I dont know what the prices were for a rebuilt ABS on that thing but there was no profit in it. What did not know was they gave me a pair of wings I did not need that day just yet with that thing.

**** on the money. You can always get more.

I had a newer trailer years ago with the first of it's kind ABS back there.

Well, the nimrods in Dispatch sent me to this little barn near Quantico on US1 that sits up on it's own grassy hilltop. Whomever thought to build a barn must be a lover of self punishment to heft the stuff up all that way. However with that little place being used as a mini warehouse to take a trailer load, I was the one getting to it.

By the time they got me unloaded what do you know... 6 inches of wet snow and beginning to sleet.

Here I am hoisted on my own petard looking straight down blind side at a hoillar that has about a 300 foot fall past a fence that does not belong to me. The gravity of the situation demands I fall down that way before I get back onto pavement to the left.

I managed to get it to the road. But what I had to abuse the trailer with damaged the ABS system. But I did not wreck anything or get killed trying.

When the suits got ahold of the call from the shop they yanked me into the back office and started a one way conversation delivered at top volume. Never gave me a chance to tell them that their precious beloved virgin ABS did its job properly while it had the time to do it.

You would think the Geniuses that invented that trucking ABS back there would realize there are some bigger rocks in the ground that it was not designed to handle.

I dont know what the prices were for a rebuilt ABS on that thing but there was no profit in it. What did not know was they gave me a pair of wings I did not need that day just yet with that thing.

**** on the money. You can always get more.
I'm have abs issue now , abs warning comes on and knocks out cruise control , I hit Johnson bar twice quick and warnings clear out for a few hours

Old school driver,, always worn my boots in city and then them western boots when I run team years go,,,… they boots save in my feet in the city driver
I wore square toe steel harness Boots without fail. Finally wore through my first trucking pair after about 32 years give or take. Since the Tanner or Shoemakers are extinct I tossed them.

That steel toe was the difference between me keeping my feet or amputation a few times. I kid you not.

Had a tow motor driver thump a coil on them once. I told him to get that ******* thing off me and meet me outside. I was so enraged.

That particular incident was hushed up. They stopped it once I drew first blood.

I wore square toe steel harness Boots without fail. Finally wore through my first trucking pair after about 32 years give or take. Since the Tanner or Shoemakers are extinct I tossed them.

That steel toe was the difference between me keeping my feet or amputation a few times. I kid you not.

Had a tow motor driver thump a coil on them once. I told him to get that ******* thing off me and meet me outside. I was so enraged.

That particular incident was hushed up. They stopped it once I drew first blood.
We have shoemaker shops around Chicago also have TV repair shops ,sons of the old timers honoring their fathers legacy