ODFL | OD gone woke

3rdworld

TB Lurker
Credits
To start I have been in ltl freight for 44 years worked for ga hwy transus and aaa cooper been at OD for 15 years don’t plan on leaving because they are all the same. By woke I mean no consequences for anything per management they say they aren’t allowed to do anything about poor performance. We have drivers that take 4 hours to do a should be a 2 hour turn. I usually average 2 turns to 1 on the majority of the drivers. Question it.”well they’re on lunch or break what can I say not all people perform the same I’m not allowed to say anything “ well we’re all paid the same. Guess I’m just a fool. And the dock the destroy a lot of stuff as long as they can push it in the trailer with a helper holding it up it’s good. They look at hand trucks like sounder what that thing does would love to put a float and a Johnson bar out there. Would probably have to get counseling for them. And the office the girls work very hard the men are always bunched up in the managers office discussing there fantasy football team when there done with that they discuss what they’re gonna have for lunch after lunch think the conversation probably goes to who will get the toilet first then back to fantasy football. The ops manager isn’t in to sports so he’s usually asleep at his desk. They no little about freight you could show them a freight bill and they probably couldn’t tell you what it might look like weather it’s marshmallow’s or a nuclear bomb. And information sharing ZERO everything in 1 ear out the other. Point of all this no consequences for anything if your a good hard worker your a fool if you want to work at a place where minimum effort and maximum hours if you want them the come to the north east.

Was in LTL 30 plus years, retired, 13 years, every job had its dashers and dogs (mutts) Bosses would always dump the shxt loads on the dashers, dogs would get easy work, boss would be afraid they would do less work with a bad load, Shop Steward always told us, don't be a hero or a zero, just keep it in the middle, work safe, don't speed, save your body

To start I have been in ltl freight for 44 years worked for ga hwy transus and aaa cooper been at OD for 15 years don’t plan on leaving because they are all the same. By woke I mean no consequences for anything per management they say they aren’t allowed to do anything about poor performance. We have drivers that take 4 hours to do a should be a 2 hour turn. I usually average 2 turns to 1 on the majority of the drivers. Question it.”well they’re on lunch or break what can I say not all people perform the same I’m not allowed to say anything “ well we’re all paid the same. Guess I’m just a fool. And the dock the destroy a lot of stuff as long as they can push it in the trailer with a helper holding it up it’s good. They look at hand trucks like sounder what that thing does would love to put a float and a Johnson bar out there. Would probably have to get counseling for them. And the office the girls work very hard the men are always bunched up in the managers office discussing there fantasy football team when there done with that they discuss what they’re gonna have for lunch after lunch think the conversation probably goes to who will get the toilet first then back to fantasy football. The ops manager isn’t in to sports so he’s usually asleep at his desk. They no little about freight you could show them a freight bill and they probably couldn’t tell you what it might look like weather it’s marshmallow’s or a nuclear bomb. And information sharing ZERO everything in 1 ear out the other. Point of all this no consequences for anything if your a good hard worker your a fool if you want to work at a place where minimum effort and maximum hours if you want them the come to the north east.
Ted. If you have 44 years in, maybe it’s time to walk away?

All these lazy people from other companies n we become a training outfit made it go from great to worse,,.. we really hire many idiot
Trust me BillyLo OD doesn't have the market corner on this... Saia is giving them a hell of run from their money. In the near future a (DEI) survey @ Saia.

My advice... (as you have already stated.... nobody gets in trouble)..... do your job the best you can and ignore what everybody else does or don't do.... it ends up being a lot less stress on you.
I worked at a job like this and they started putting more on me. Another worker seen them several times taking other drivers bills and giving them to me because the other drivers bitched about the bills. So i point blank asked the ladies in the office if this was true and they admitted yes. I asked how is this right and they told me you never complain you just do the work. Sometimes being nice you just get crapped on. Needless to say i started putting applications in and eventually left that company. I dont mind working but treat me fair.

I worked at a job like this and they started putting more on me. Another worker seen them several times taking other drivers bills and giving them to me because the other drivers bitched about the bills. So i point blank asked the ladies in the office if this was true and they admitted yes. I asked how is this right and they told me you never complain you just do the work. Sometimes being nice you just get crapped on. Needless to say i started putting applications in and eventually left that company. I dont mind working but treat me fair.
I am one person and can only do what i can do , go ahead put more on the trailer , I can still only do what i can do

What’s he doing there? Teaching his zero turn employees how to run a snow blower or supervising his chain monkey division.
Someone gots moving this freight driver,, these guys we got now callin in,, one she even took the year off