ODFL | OD gone woke

Someone gots moving this freight driver,, these guys we got now callin in,, one she even took the year off
Oh I know. I went yesterday to turn in my keys, cards and anything else, you should’ve seen their look at my faded out 05 ID card. Hahaha, I asked if I could keep it and frame it.
Whatever the case, you be safe out there Billy. There certainly isn’t many of us old school drivers left anymore, these new kids don’t appreciate the REAL TRUCKS that we used to drive. No A/C, no power steering, no nice quiet interior, they wouldn’t know what to do with a twin stick, awe the good old day’s………..

Oh I know. I went yesterday to turn in my keys, cards and anything else, you should’ve seen their look at my faded out 05 ID card. Hahaha, I asked if I could keep it and frame it.
Whatever the case, you be safe out there Billy. There certainly isn’t many of us old school drivers left anymore, these new kids don’t appreciate the REAL TRUCKS that we used to drive. No A/C, no power steering, no nice quiet interior, they wouldn’t know what to do with a twin stick, awe the good old day’s………..
I hear Billy's already practicing parking trips at the Do Drop Inn.

What company are you retiring from Fly?
I retired last Dec from CCX / XPO.

What company are you retiring from Fly?
I retired last Dec from CCX / XPO.
OD. It’s been a good run the past 18 years and now all the new driver’s that always gave me garbage for taking their run at bid time and why I worked a extra day all of the time can complain about the new number 1 on the board. I’m 62 and won’t be touching social security or any of my IRA’s or 401k. I used to tell these people pay everything off, live on three quarters of what you bring home and save the rest. Mama and I are going exploring next Spring. Montana, Dakota’s, the deep South and I’d like to get over to the Carolinas and Tennessee.

I’ve been driving since 82. Union and non. Hauled everything from Horses for a private ranch, to freight, milk, and produce. I’m going out not exactly the way I wanted to, but we’ll have a comfortable life. I had to retire early due to surgery’s. But I am recovering and will be able to function okay, just not in the capacity of freight hauling.

OD. It’s been a good run the past 18 years and now all the new driver’s that always gave me garbage for taking their run at bid time and why I worked a extra day all of the time can complain about the new number 1 on the board. I’m 62 and won’t be touching social security or any of my IRA’s or 401k. I used to tell these people pay everything off, live on three quarters of what you bring home and save the rest. Mama and I are going exploring next Spring. Montana, Dakota’s, the deep South and I’d like to get over to the Carolinas and Tennessee.

Don't be a stranger just cause you retired fly. Wish you and the little lady many years of happy retirement.

Last edited:
To start I have been in ltl freight for 44 years worked for ga hwy transus and aaa cooper been at OD for 15 years don’t plan on leaving because they are all the same. By woke I mean no consequences for anything per management they say they aren’t allowed to do anything about poor performance. We have drivers that take 4 hours to do a should be a 2 hour turn. I usually average 2 turns to 1 on the majority of the drivers. Question it.”well they’re on lunch or break what can I say not all people perform the same I’m not allowed to say anything “ well we’re all paid the same. Guess I’m just a fool. And the dock the destroy a lot of stuff as long as they can push it in the trailer with a helper holding it up it’s good. They look at hand trucks like sounder what that thing does would love to put a float and a Johnson bar out there. Would probably have to get counseling for them. And the office the girls work very hard the men are always bunched up in the managers office discussing there fantasy football team when there done with that they discuss what they’re gonna have for lunch after lunch think the conversation probably goes to who will get the toilet first then back to fantasy football. The ops manager isn’t in to sports so he’s usually asleep at his desk. They no little about freight you could show them a freight bill and they probably couldn’t tell you what it might look like weather it’s marshmallow’s or a nuclear bomb. And information sharing ZERO everything in 1 ear out the other. Point of all this no consequences for anything if your a good hard worker your a fool if you want to work at a place where minimum effort and maximum hours if you want them the come to the north east.
How do you know what any other driver does? You run back and forth between the yard and an industrial park 8 miles away. Don’t try to sound like you peddle freight. I believe there is accountability, I’ve been written up before. The upper management team you’re talking about, is it the same team that bends over backwards for us? The same guys that never refuse us time off when needed? The same team that always says “family first”. I think you know what I mean. It’s time you get off your high horse.