ODFL | Od laying off nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t ask how you know lol it was in Freightways article so anyone that reads the article Knows ‍♂️
I won’t ask how you know lol it was in Freightways article so anyone that reads the article Knows ‍♂️
It’s funny how I made a comment bout FXF furloughing drivers and everyone lost their $hit. I even had one guy tell me i was dumb and didn’t know $hit. but turns right around and in the same breath asked me to explain how I knew lol WTF. And the rest of you geniuses said oh he got it from FXF forum. But know one took the time to go back and see that I made the post at 1:42pm Saturday. FXF posted on its forum an article at 5:12pm Saturday that they would be furloughing drivers. I’ll do the math for you that’s a 3.5hr difference in time SMH. The hole point was that OD was not the only company furloughing drivers. It all boils down to I got the jump on some info that none of you had. But I was just a nobody that made a comment surely he doesn’t know what he’s talk about. Why because I’m not a well known member and spells like a 2nd grader. Yall can go sit around a campfire spell check this $hit and figure out how I knew what I knew. Ima go sit by my pool eat some mike and cookies. Please be careful driver

It’s funny how I made a comment bout FXF furloughing drivers and everyone lost their $hit. I even had one guy tell me i was dumb and didn’t know $hit. but turns right around and in the same breath asked me to explain how I knew lol WTF. And the rest of you geniuses said oh he got it from FXF forum. But know one took the time to go back and see that I made the post at 1:42pm Saturday. FXF posted on its forum an article at 5:12pm Saturday that they would be furloughing drivers. I’ll do the math for you that’s a 3.5hr difference in time SMH. The hole point was that OD was not the only company furloughing drivers. It all boils down to I got the jump on some info that none of you had. But I was just a nobody that made a comment surely he doesn’t know what he’s talk about. Why because I’m not a well known member and spells like a 2nd grader. Yall can go sit around a campfire spell check this $hit and figure out how I knew what I knew. Ima go sit by my pool eat some mike and cookies. Please be careful driver

We started talking about the furloughs on Thursday in the "over reaction or real indicator" thread. We know when the article was posted, but we all had meetings about it before that and we were sharing what we knew about it. So I'll do the math for you, you were about 48 hours late to that party and you didn't break the story like you thought you did.

Old Dominion is not furloughing drivers, their getting laid off. That means Old Dominion is terminating employment, reapply later if you want. FedEx is saying "take 3 months off, collect unemployment, keep your insurance and get 300/week for each week you were off when you come back to your seniorty spot". Not exactly the same thing.

We started talking about the furloughs on Thursday in the "over reaction or real indicator" thread. We know when the article was posted, but we all had meetings about it before that and we were sharing what we knew about it. So I'll do the math for you, you were about 48 hours late to that party and you didn't break the story like you thought you did.

Old Dominion is not furloughing drivers, their getting laid off. That means Old Dominion is terminating employment, reapply later if you want. FedEx is saying "take 3 months off, collect unemployment, keep your insurance and get 300/week for each week you were off when you come back to your seniorty spot". Not exactly the same thing.
First off I didn’t break story. I made a comment on something that was shared with me you all took it to the next level. And the second thing. I’m not gonna go back and forth over a comment I made if you don’t like it IDGAF. Seem to me anyone outside of your friends list makes a comment your feelings get hurt. not one time did I give out any false information. like I said before I’m not here to bump heads with nobody.I’m done with it. Please be careful driver

First off I didn’t break story. I made a comment on something that was shared with me you all took it to the next level. And the second thing. I’m not gonna go back and forth over a comment I made if you don’t like it IDGAF. Seem to me anyone outside of your friends list makes a comment your feelings get hurt. not one time did I give out any false information. like I said before I’m not here to bump heads with nobody.I’m done with it. Please be careful driver

No feelings hurt, you thought you had some information that wasn't made public. You also said"I got the jump on info none of you had" . You were wrong. It was kind of false information because it's not layoffs, it's furloughs and they're not asking at the end of the month they're asking now to take effect beginning of next month. Then you said not to ask how you know, which implies it was private info nobody else had.

You seem to care a little bit because you stated you posted before we did and went as far as to do the math and double down on having the inside scoop because the folks at FedEx said you don't have access to inside information. That really hurt your feelings, but whatever. Go enjoy your "Mike and cookies" by the pool.

So funny listening to all the suggestion of senior drivers who never been in that situation to those who lost their job when truth be told they should’ve been let go before the bottom board bc some so worthless
Do you get paid more for being the punctual ball busting employee? Nope not at all. Maybe the system and others before them helped mold them into that worthless steering holder. After enough time you give no *****

He’s just sharing information on some of the drivers that are behind the wheel now. I’ve tried to talk new drivers through Hwy 58, snow covered, with chains required. One driver listened and made the turn, the other disregarded my advice, no chains and in the snow bank. He obviously knew more than me and suffered the consequences. Ball busting, nah just tired of drivers that know more than senior drivers that might have just a little more experience. Now go back to your banana belt run.

He’s just sharing information on some of the drivers that are behind the wheel now. I’ve tried to talk new drivers through Hwy 58, snow covered, with chains required. One driver listened and made the turn, the other disregarded my advice, no chains and in the snow bank. He obviously knew more than me and suffered the consequences. Ball busting, nah just tired of drivers that know more than senior drivers that might have just a little more experience. Now go back to your banana belt run.
Yeah those types of know-it-alls desire what they get.

download.jpeg-13.jpg

I know GBO cut(from what I've heard) about 30 drivers and 20 dock workers and some girl in the Office. As far as KNC goes...I switched from GBO to KNC about a year ago when they opened. I have 3 drivers below me and they are shuttle drivers. I don't know WHY they added 3 shuttles when 1 of them is not working every night? Wouldn't be surprised if they let one of them go, which would be the newbie that just started driving AND with the company. What's worse is they are doing this just before the Holidays. Sounds like Central Frieghtlines last year.

OD is showing true colors again and what family means here.

I think they have to offer COBRA insurance.

Good luck everyone and stay positive.

Highway 58? You mean Willamette Pass south of Bend Oregon? Did he apologize and man up and admit how much the fine was?

Last edited:
Highway 58? You mean Willamette Pass south of Bend Oregon? Did he apologize and man up and admit how much the fine was?
Yes indeed. Had that bid for 3 years. Hahaha, it’s the bid no one wants. Everyone will run it during the summer but from October to April drivers would whine and complain about covering the run when I took PTO.
No, he finally made it to Klamath Falls as I was leaving and he jumped out and was upset cause I didn’t stop to help him. Then he wanted some of my chains, I pointed to the truckstop across 97.

I know GBO cut(from what I've heard) about 30 drivers and 20 dock workers and some girl in the Office. As far as KNC goes...I switched from GBO to KNC about a year ago when they opened. I have 3 drivers below me and they are shuttle drivers. I don't know WHY they added 3 shuttles when 1 of them is not working every night? Wouldn't be surprised if they let one of them go, which would be the newbie that just started driving AND with the company. What's worse is they are doing this just before the Holidays. Sounds like Central Frieghtlines last year.
Those cuts was deep driver

Yes indeed. Had that bid for 3 years. Hahaha, it’s the bid no one wants. Everyone will run it during the summer but from October to April drivers would whine and complain about covering the run when I took PTO.
No, he finally made it to Klamath Falls as I was leaving and he jumped out and was upset cause I didn’t stop to help him. Then he wanted some of my chains, I pointed to the truckstop across 97.
Was it the guy who went to peninsula and god bless peninsula for taking all our rejects

Nicely played! You can't fix stupid..... The fine for blocking a highway by running chain control in Oregon can exceed $2000.00. And then there is the cost of reupholstering the seat cushion... Going uphill it is simply the smell, going downhill it is fixing the chunks that you pull out of it as you start your slalom run...It's a long way from US 97 to Oakridge. Kinda reminds me of the song "The Wreck of ol' 97." I am impressed you took that bid. I smoked a lot of brakes on that pass back in the 70's before we got engine brakes. Who did you work for?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.