ODFL | Od laying off nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine in Columbia SC got laid off with over 20 years seniority and I know there were others too. Whats up with laying off so much seniority?
If he had 20 years he must have switched classification. There's no such thing as company seniority. If he switched from P/D to linehaul or vise versa he would have went to the bottom of the board.

Thanks. I'm in the same boat as the guys above. Only 6 years but I transferred terminal this year and went to the bottom. I know I'm on the chopping block. I hope I don't have to put pants on and go in to be fired. Just tell me over the phone.
I hope you don’t get let go driver,, but they wait until you come to work then have a Chat

Was hired as extra linehaul at Indy in July. Told today by Bob (term mgr) and Sherwin and HR rep on the phone that my position was eliminated effective immediately. Benefits end at midnight. No notice No empathy. I dont know how many others. Too angry to discuss with them. Quit a good job to come to OD. They couldnt care less.

Was hired as extra linehaul at Indy in July. Told today by Bob (term mgr) and Sherwin and HR rep on the phone that my position was eliminated effective immediately. Benefits end at midnight. No notice No empathy. I dont know how many others. Too angry to discuss with them. Quit a good job to come to OD. They couldnt care less.
I’m very sorry driver to hear that, unfortunately that is the true colors of the company when the family don’t need u no more,,, my prayers you find a decent job soon

A friend of mine in Columbia SC got laid off with over 20 years seniority and I know there were others too. Whats up with laying off so much seniority?
I’ve been through 2 layoffs. OD from what I have heard opens up the files. Any negative marks, incidences, accidents, attitude, weather related call offs, you know the story. If you can walk across the water you’re safe, hopefully. Another thing to consider is the 20 year seniority is more expensive to employ than some 25 year old, know it all that doesn’t have the vacation, bonuses and top pay. Another thing, there’s no layoff at OD. You’re let go. Then when things pickup again you could be considered as a rehire. The bottom of the board. Basically starting fresh again.

Last edited:
If he had 20 years he must have switched classification. There's no such thing as company seniority. If he switched from P/D to linehaul or vise versa he would have went to the bottom of the board.
True, but I’ve switched from city to line in 07, I was told that my company seniority saved me. I also transferred from 1 state to another, bottom of my job classification, but my company seniority stayed intact.

I wish all of you the best. Lazybones, I’m sorry to hear that they handled your situation like that. I wish you the best. Everyone else that has concerns or questions you have some senior drivers on here, Billylo, DMT, myself and others. We will be honest and upfront with you.
Again, with the way things are going that we have no control over, I wish you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.