ODFL | Od laying off nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I’ve switched from city to line in 07, I was told that my company seniority saved me. I also transferred from 1 state to another, bottom of my job classification, but my company seniority stayed intact.
I can speak for Indy and there's no such thing as company seniority. You change job classification or transfer in from another terminal you go to the bottom of the board. Then if there is a layoff , furlough or whatever they want to call it you're the first to go.

Was hired as extra linehaul at Indy in July. Told today by Bob (term mgr) and Sherwin and HR rep on the phone that my position was eliminated effective immediately. Benefits end at midnight. No notice No empathy. I dont know how many others. Too angry to discuss with them. Quit a good job to come to OD. They couldnt care less.
Damn! They sound as bad as FedEx freight now!

Was hired as extra linehaul at Indy in July. Told today by Bob (term mgr) and Sherwin and HR rep on the phone that my position was eliminated effective immediately. Benefits end at midnight. No notice No empathy. I dont know how many others. Too angry to discuss with them. Quit a good job to come to OD. They couldnt care less.
Wow even :shit:ty companies let you keep your insurance through the end of the month.

I can speak for Indy and there's no such thing as company seniority. You change job classification or transfer in from another terminal you go to the bottom of the board. Then if there is a layoff , furlough or whatever they want to call it you're the first to go.
At this point the way every terminal runs like a franchise with there own bizarre rules who really knows what rules are legitimate anymore. Like indy. The only terminal I've ever been to that you can't build your set in the dock.

I wish all of you the best. Lazybones, I’m sorry to hear that they handled your situation like that. I wish you the best. Everyone else that has concerns or questions you have some senior drivers on here, Billylo, DMT, myself and others. We will be honest and upfront with you.
Again, with the way things are going that we have no control over, I wish you the best.
I'd keep an eye on Billy, rumors are he is looking to upgrade the Bayliner in order to hold more babes next spring.
I doubt he will be passing on many trips via the Do Drop Inn.

At this point the way every terminal runs like a franchise with there own bizarre rules who really knows what rules are legitimate anymore. Like indy. The only terminal I've ever been to that you can't build your set in the dock.
That I agree with. Each terminal is different. Each see’s the rules from their own perspective. The west coast is a total different ball game from the rest of the country. I’ve talked to team drivers that hate coming out west. I’m speaking of the northwest, California I have no idea.

Retired end of 2021. Worked at a North east terminal for over 18 years. 46 total years trucking. OD always was and always will be a scumbag company. No OT (overtime is after 8 hours not after 50 or 60) and no respect. They needed a union period. Everybody on the other side of the dispatch window were/are cruel and not qualified professionally or mentally to perform their assigned task. I guess there are exceptions but during my time I saw or heard of none. The whole transportation industry is the same but a union does offer some protection. It saddens me to read that OD is laying off right now. Their stock price is through the roof and their operating numbers and debt are very low. It's just a job.

Are you proselytizing our drivers? Hmm, if people can’t take the cush job here at OD, then by all means go. Don’t think that I didn’t think about it. You must consider before jumping though. Top wages, seniority, vacation, on a bid, further up the pecking order instead of the newbie.

To the drivers that got laid off I understand what you are going through. Yes I’ve been laid off before. But setting around bashing OD and feeling sorry for ourselves ain’t gonna solve your problem. We’ve all gotten in our comfort zone and think this won’t happen to me There is no LTL company that’s layoff proof so you should always have a backup plan and that’s with trucking Period did you forget you have a CDL! You can get a job but is it the one you want? HELL TO THE NO but will it pay your bills put food on the table and keep a roof over you head? HELL TO THE YEAH. Do what you have to do to get by.OD’s a good company to work for can thing be better? Yes and that’s with any company you work for. But for all those here at OD talking ::shit:: about how bad of a places this is to work why you still here?? Let me guess your home life sucks you don’t like your wife and she don’t like your azz. So you go to work and make everyone else life miserable because you can’t open your mouth in your own house. Now if this isn’t you you’ll read this and keep scrolling.But anyways guys you have yourself and a family to support I know its hard getting out there and starting over but you’ll be ok. And this is for everyone from the #1 driver all the way down to the last man on the list. Always have a backup plan

Anyone looking for a job should consider Frito lay. I left OD as a city driver last March. 9 years and 10 months there. I could not be happier. Benefits are equal and dental is better. Pay is outstanding. I pull carts of chips into the receiving areas of the same 5 stores on my first load then go to one of our warehouses for my second load. Much newer equipment and a full time mechanic on site.
There are two things that some drivers don't like...at my DC we get Tuesday and Saturday off. And I start at 15:00. I have adapted well, but I don't have kids at home so the hours don't bother me.
Plus I got a $10k sign on bonus and we get 17 days off starting your first year.
I wish I'd have left OD sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.