ODFL | Od laying off nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retired end of 2021. Worked at a North east terminal for over 18 years. 46 total years trucking. OD always was and always will be a scumbag company. No OT (overtime is after 8 hours not after 50 or 60) and no respect. They needed a union period. Everybody on the other side of the dispatch window were/are cruel and not qualified professionally or mentally to perform their assigned task. I guess there are exceptions but during my time I saw or heard of none. The whole transportation industry is the same but a union does offer some protection. It saddens me to read that OD is laying off right now. Their stock price is through the roof and their operating numbers and debt are very low. It's just a job.
They’ve used over $1.1billion of profit this year alone on stock repurchases. Remember that when they’re being ruthless.

To the drivers that got laid off I understand what you are going through. Yes I’ve been laid off before. But setting around bashing OD and feeling sorry for ourselves ain’t gonna solve your problem. We’ve all gotten in our comfort zone and think this won’t happen to me There is no LTL company that’s layoff proof so you should always have a backup plan and that’s with trucking Period did you forget you have a CDL! You can get a job but is it the one you want? HELL TO THE NO but will it pay your bills put food on the table and keep a roof over you head? HELL TO THE YEAH. Do what you have to do to get by.OD’s a good company to work for can thing be better? Yes and that’s with any company you work for. But for all those here at OD talking **** about how bad of a places this is to work why you still here?? Let me guess your home life sucks you don’t like your wife and she don’t like your azz. So you go to work and make everyone else life miserable because you can’t open your mouth in your own house. Now if this isn’t you you’ll read this and keep scrolling.But anyways guys you have yourself and a family to support I know its hard getting out there and starting over but you’ll be ok. And this is for everyone from the #1 driver all the way down to the last man on the list. Always have a backup plan
Business is business, but it's a total scumbag move to chop med benefits immediately.

Business is business, but it's a total scumbag move to chop med benefits immediately.
The last time they laid off OD let people keep their medical insurance for 30 or 60 days I can’t remember. and if called back to work with in 90 days you return with your same pay rate. I don’t see why they wouldn’t offer that now. But I’ve only read of one person on this form, saying that benefits stopped at midnight. So Im not sure if that is true or not.

The last time they laid off OD let people keep their medical insurance for 30 or 60 days I can’t remember. and if called back to work with in 90 days you return with your same pay rate. I don’t see why they wouldn’t offer that now. But I’ve only read of one person on this form, saying that benefits stopped at midnight. So Im not sure if that is true or not.
Yes driver,, all
Employees given a f u and told their bennies cancelled at midnight same day., be nice when the day come Od listen to us and the numbers and stop over hiring so this don’t happen again,, who ever listen to their economy experts believing this year gonna be wild under this admin needs to be shown the door,,

It's very, VERY short sighted of OD to operate this way.
That's gonna bite them in the ass. No long game. Fedex is at least being somewhat smart, knows they'll need the drivers in a short time. Been too much of a struggle,and too costly just to hire new drivers these last 2yrs, only to dump them, and need them again by summer.

That's gonna bite them in the ass. No long game. Fedex is at least being somewhat smart, knows they'll need the drivers in a short time. Been too much of a struggle,and too costly just to hire new drivers these last 2yrs, only to dump them, and need them again by summer.
I’ll give you a little heads up in FXF at the end of this month they’ll be asking for volunteer layoffs. What’s going to happen if no one volunteers. Don’t ask me how I know just know that I know

Yes driver,, all
Employees given a f u and told their bennies cancelled at midnight same day., be nice when the day come Od listen to us and the numbers and stop over hiring so this don’t happen again,, who ever listen to their economy experts believing this year gonna be wild under this admin needs to be shown the door,,
Ok thanks for clarifying that

I’ll give you a little heads up in FXF at the end of this month they’ll be asking for volunteer layoffs. What’s going to happen if no one volunteers. Don’t ask me how I know just know that I know
So mysterious!
You write, and punctuate at a 2nd grade level, but you've somehow got that degree of inside information?
Ok, Sparky.
Your ass don't know $hit.

So mysterious!
You write, and punctuate at a 2nd grade level, but you've somehow got that degree of inside information?
Ok, Sparky.
Your ass don't know $hit.
It seem to me everything I’ve written, and wrote you we’re dumb enough to understand it. Now spell check that $hit. Understand this sir I’m not here to bump heads with nobody. Just put my 1 cents in like you put your 2 cents in.

Reminds me of my place. This was done in ‘15. Places build reputations. Then, if they’re lucky, all they can hire is bottom of the barrel. After that, good employees start leaving. Race to the bottom.

It seem to me everything I’ve written, and wrote you we’re dumb enough to understand it. Now spell check that $hit. Understand this sir I’m not here to bump heads with nobody. Just put my 1 cents in like you put your 2 cents in.
Apparently you're here to pull statements out of your ass, pass them as fact due to some inside information only you are privy to.

Explain exactly how that you alone would possibly know that Fx is laying off next month, because that level of information is held by MAYBE a half dozen or so people, none of which are you. On top of that, that kind of information is significant enough to be inside trade info.

But yeah, the dude on a ltl forum that can't punctuate properly knows the moves of one of the world's largest carriers a month in advance.

We'll revisit this in a month or so.

I won’t ask how you know lol it was in Freightways article so anyone that reads the article Knows ‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.