ODFL | OD policy. Speeding in personal vehicle question

runningfor48

Here for Entertainment
Credits
Can anyone tell me what's policy with speeding in your personal vehicle? Received speeding ticket 14 over in my personal vehicle. Was talking to SouthEastern driver he said one of there drivers got ticket for 21 over and was fired for ticket in personal vehicle. Thanks

Can anyone tell me what's policy with speeding in your personal vehicle? Received speeding ticket 14 over in my personal vehicle. Was talking to SouthEastern driver he said one of there drivers got ticket for 21 over and was fired for ticket in personal vehicle. Thanks
Doesn't affect your job or bonus if it was in your personal vehicle .Unless your license was taken.I wouldn't give ticket to no one .Just take care of it and note it on your yearly review

Last edited:
Doesn't affect your job or bonus if it was in your personal vehicle .Unless your license was taken.I wouldn't give ticket to no one .Just take care of it and note it on your yearly review

Thought we were required to report all tickets, even in personal vehicles, withing 48 business hours?

The reason they want a receipt is so they have proof of payment on file in case you get detained for an unpaid ticket during an inspection or at a scale. Know a few people who've had that issue.

Thought we were required to report all tickets, even in personal vehicles, withing 48 business hours?

The reason they want a receipt is so they have proof of payment on file in case you get detained for an unpaid ticket during an inspection or at a scale. Know a few people who've had that issue.
Only if you are in OD Equipment and it is the next business day with any company.You do report traffic violation's once a year.Od will find out when they pull MVR every year.So I quess you do.Law say's 30 day's.So I would takecare of it first then report.Never had to worry about that.What I'm getting to is I wouldn't let any employer know till you have took care of it.You could get it reduced,thrown out,etc.I do have a call to someone who can answer.Yearly Report that you sign to authorize employer to check is when you write any violation's down.Now DUI are totally different.You must notify Asap.

Last edited:
Only if you are in OD Equipment and it is the next business day with any company.You do report traffic violation's once a year.Od will find out when they pull MVR every year.So I quess you do.Law say's 30 day's.So I would takecare of it first then report.Never had to worry about that.What I'm getting to is I wouldn't let any employer know till you have took care of it.You could get it reduced,thrown out,etc.I do have a call to someone who can answer.Yearly Report that you sign to authorize employer to check is when you write any violation's down.Now DUI are totally different.You must notify Asap.

I talked to my supervisor about this, and you have to report everything even in personal vehicle, but if you get it reduced or thrown out you just turn in all paperwork from the court and they forget about it too. But no, speeding in a personal vehicle doesn't count against you except if it were 15 over that's considered a major violation. 2 of those in a rolling 2 or 3 years you get your CDL suspended for 60 days. Bet they would probably fire for that.

Can anyone tell me what's policy with speeding in your personal vehicle? Received speeding ticket 14 over in my personal vehicle. Was talking to SouthEastern driver he said one of their drivers got ticket for 21 over and was fired for ticket in personal vehicle. Thanks

The DOT regulation on reporting moving infractions is; Within in 30 days of 'CONVICTION' not when the ticket was issued has to be reported. Had a Letter against me retracted when I was @ ABF. I showed them the DOT rule that the reporting had to be done in the 30 day period on any conviction. Not just the issuance of the ticket. You report the ticket before you go to court. You got to court, officer does not show & they dismiss it. No conviction, no report to DMV driving record. Now you can not tell them about your 'not convicted ticket'. If your employee hand book says you report before the bench trial, protect yourself & report it. If not. If it is a gray matter, wait to see if it is reported. Save yourself some grief. Check with your State DMV to see if non-conviction is reported. I bet it isn't. von.

I fight all speeding tickets (well...I used to when I used to get them) and found it to be worth while. Sometimes the police don't show up and depending on the state you are in they can get reduced at the hearing. PA won't reduce them unless you appeal to county court but in NY the DA argues them at the District Justice level and will wheel and deal like you've never seen. As stated above, all must be reported to the company within a given amount of time 'after conviction' so if you fight it you're not convicted yet. At 14 over I believe that you are not within the category of 'major offense', one more MPH and you're there, two of those and you lose your license for a while, personal vehicle or company vehicle laws all apply the same to us, welcome to America.

It's good to know that if I ever wash out at OD there's always a spot in the gold hotel for me...
Whoa, whoa..slow down there, Captain Optimistico. Not everyone joins the Hotel and Coop Dispatch.
You need to be proficient on a boardwalk.
You need to keep the rig in a straight line when plowing through low bridges.
You need to know the rule of -15%.
You need to look good in a Speedo....wait...no...that's only if you want to be Donna's pool boy...

Whoa, whoa..slow down there, Captain Optimistico. Not everyone joins the Hotel and Coop Dispatch.
You need to be proficient on a boardwalk.
You need to keep the rig in a straight line when plowing through low bridges.
You need to know the rule of -15%.
You need to look good in a Speedo....wait...no...that's only if you want to be Donna's pool boy...
Don't forget the 15mph low wire rule.

Under our Teamster contract & DOT rules you report only convictions within 30 days of the conviction. If you are issued a moving ticket violation, & beat it in court, you do not have to report the ticket. If you lose, you report it. This is as of 7 years ago. Check the current rules. Also, if you park a semi on a ramp or somewhere illegal & it is not considered a 'moving violation, you don't report it under Federal Reg's. Under your company rules, maybe you report it. If there is no record posted to your MVR print out for any ticket issued, why report it? von.