ODFL | OD to offer home moving service

I worked at ABF when they started the U pack moving and storage so I am very familiar with it. If they work the kinks out it could be a good thing. Expecting 100 million in revenue in 5 years from it.

ABF has two options one is the u pack which ABF drops a pup off you load it and then ABF moves it the final destination where you unload it. The second one is the relo cube but those aren't offered everywhere.

I just can't see OD going to the expense of the flatbed's&lift's&then the container's..I think if they do it ..It will be with a 3rd party&we will just haul the container's for them...Will be interesting to see what happen's

Yep!!!was asking around today..They are going to use the pup's&take&leave at Resident's with the ramp to use for getting up in trailer..Then pick up when customer is ready..I see a big pain in the rear coming..From low hanging cable's,to paved driveway's that we are not suppose to have on them..plus,accident waiting to happen..Trailer's will be to high..Plus, my first thing was they are really going to have to drop price to compete with Uhaul,etc..They are not saying much till they get kink's worked out..My understanding..
A few weeks ago I was at the Kansas city shop and they where building ramps for trailers to be used with home moving

Yep!!!was asking around today..They are going to use the pup's&take&leave at Resident's with the ramp to use for getting up in trailer..Then pick up when customer is ready..I see a big pain in the rear coming..From low hanging cable's,to paved driveway's that we are not suppose to have on them..plus,accident waiting to happen..Trailer's will be to high..Plus, my first thing was they are really going to have to drop price to compete with Uhaul,etc..They are not saying much till they get kink's worked out..My understanding..

Sounds like a good job for you Ken.

ABF has two options one is the u pack which ABF drops a pup off you load it and then ABF moves it the final destination where you unload it. The second one is the relo cube but those aren't offered everywhere.
184 still does the cubes....

I don't think we will get into the cubes because of the hassle, but ABF would usually ask the questions (not that it always does good) about access, etc... If it wasn't possible the customer would come to the service center to load. Who knows.... I will keep you updated as I find out more. Thanks for the info on the ramps Ken.

did first home move i know of in har....dropped trlr at house with security divider in and loading ramp. i can see real problem with getting in and out of places though to drop trlrs. eliminates no private driveways too....told to drop wherever they wanted it.....btw she wanted moving blankets third party told her we had...lol not

Thats the two main problems I see.... Customers being promised what we can't or don't offer (such as with icons and how we will deliver them anywhere and i've even heard we would set them up) and where they will want the trailer spotted (since you know they want it as close to the house as possible). Hopefully, we will get these issues straighted out, but with all roll outs im sure its going to be a while. Hope to see it being a profitable part of what OD offers though.

I did one a few months ago.It was a loaded SDS trailer to drop at the new place.Apparently the price she got from the 3PL outfit was right.But one of here family asked why there was no ramp.Could be a money maker but issues will arise I'm sure as often do WRT residentials.