ODFL | ODFL profits 1.3 Billion in 2021?

I don't know about you guys, but when I got hired at OD, it was the best paying LTL job out there. Top pay was few bucks above all others. Thats why I took the job because it paid very good.

Right now??? Our top pay is even or less than some carriers paying overtime after 8. We are not best paid anymore.
I don't know about you guys, but when I got hired at OD, it was the best paying LTL job out there. Top pay was few bucks above all others. Thats why I took the job because it paid very good.

Right now??? Our top pay is even or less than some carriers paying overtime after 8. We are not best paid anymore.
Center manager said OD customers are paying 20% more for us to move their freight and expect high-level service (2.OD etc.). Well, maybe our wages should be 20% higher than our competitors…

Center manager said OD customers are paying 20% more for us to move their freight and expect high-level service (2.OD etc.). Well, maybe our wages should be 20% higher than our competitors…
We may need it soon with the cost of living going through the roof due to politics and global unrest

What is your point??
I pointed out that the law does not require transportation companies to pay overtime after 40 hours. The law needs to be changed. Until that happens, Old Dominion will continue their overtime policy as long as market conditions allow. Are employees leaving OD because of the overtime rule? Until the law changes or OD can't fill jobs, nothing will change.
Did you know that unionized companies gladly pay overtime because it's less expensive than hiring another driver?

I have always assumed this was the case, but for some reason Fedex keeps hiring drivers we don't have work for to cut out overtime. Some of our guys on the bottom only work one day a week, and now 70% of the board is on a 4 day 10 hour week which is almost impossible to get 40 hrs.

I don't understand the logic behind overhiring. This is the first company I have worked for that did it.