ABF | ODFL to ABF

Please....Please.... stop your replies to stoney.....It is getting very old already.......how many posts can you have with the back and forth of .....yes you did....no i did'nt... you are wrong.... no i'm right. Stoney hates the Teamsters. Bad mouths the union that gives him good benefits and pay thru a contract that he voted yes or no for, that does not matter at this point. WE have all taken a post from it's original point and driven it in a totally opposite direction. It has been said many times that Stoney should quit where he is at and move on. He will not leave , even though the grass is obviously greener on the non union side of the fence. I for one was happy when Stoney was not allowed to post .There was not 229 posts on one thread. Jeff, please step in on this and help us out !!!!!!!
This forum is going to be a ghost town in the near future if things don't change....

To get back on thread,....How about my theory that some of the OFDL drivers are leaving because of employment-at-will laws and the ability of non-Union employers to pay each driver individually,...according to what they think the driver is worth, or whatever personal deal he has made,.......and then forbid the employees to discuss compensation packages amongst themselves,......as opposed to a published pay structure,....like a contract,...in which the company is held by both the grievance procedure and Labor law, to pay every driver exactly according to the published scale,.....i.e.: the contract? Could this be the reason some of the ODFL drivers have left to come to ABF, because they observed,...or were part of ,....a culture of discrimination, as far as compensation goes?

To get back on thread,....How about my theory that some of the OFDL drivers are leaving because of employment-at-will laws and the ability of non-Union employers to pay each driver individually,...according to what they think the driver is worth, or whatever personal deal he has made,.......and then forbid the employees to discuss compensation packages amongst themselves,......as opposed to a published pay structure,....like a contract,...in which the company is held by both the grievance procedure and Labor law, to pay every driver exactly according to the published scale,.....i.e.: the contract? Could this be the reason some of the ODFL drivers have left to come to ABF, because they observed,...or were part of ,....a culture of discrimination, as far as compensation goes?

Cant be. They have hot dog roasts to counter such things.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

??? We have a pay scale, varies by region of the country, but we have a starting rate and a top out at the end of 3 years of service.

yrc sounds like a butthurt wanna be OD driver who got his application rejected a few times or something.

Never seen a bigger company basher of a company he never worked for.

yrc sounds like a butthurt wanna be OD driver who got his application rejected a few times or something.

Never seen a bigger company basher of a company he never worked for.

Never even had a thought about looking at an OD app.

What's wrong with a company provided cookout from time to time? Or are you just sad that your employer is too broke to buy you a hot dog or doesn't care about you?

Nope. I will get surf and turf many times over with the overtime pay and no cost insurance.

What's wrong with a company provided cookout from time to time? Or are you just sad that your employer is too broke to buy you a hot dog or doesn't care about you?

Don't get all worked up, we're just having a little fun. I run out of Carlisle, Pa. and talk to "Billy" on the radio, nice guy. And "Spider" , he does the reverse of what I do from LI., to Carlisle, a real Gentleman and hard worker, he gives me traffic reports and I do the same for him. And who doesn't enjoy talking to "Left Lane Leroy" Great Guy.

Don't get all worked up, we're just having a little fun. I run out of Carlisle, Pa. and talk to "Billy" on the radio, nice guy. And "Spider" , he does the reverse of what I do from LI., to Carlisle, a real Gentleman and hard worker, he gives me traffic reports and I do the same for him. And who doesn't enjoy talking to "Left Lane Leroy" Great Guy.

It's all about finding contentment in your life.

Please....Please.... stop your replies to stoney.....It is getting very old already.......how many posts can you have with the back and forth of .....yes you did....no i did'nt... you are wrong.... no i'm right. Stoney hates the Teamsters. Bad mouths the union that gives him good benefits and pay thru a contract that he voted yes or no for, that does not matter at this point. WE have all taken a post from it's original point and driven it in a totally opposite direction. It has been said many times that Stoney should quit where he is at and move on. He will not leave , even though the grass is obviously greener on the non union side of the fence. I for one was happy when Stoney was not allowed to post .There was not 229 posts on one thread. Jeff, please step in on this and help us out !!!!!!!

What have I ever said that indicates I hate the union?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Crickets......hmmm....

Maybe you're here for entertainment value,........By the way,.......Are you still going to take Medicare at 65,.....even though you've been forced, by law, to pay into it for all these years, ...or are you going to take the Moral Stance and refuse Government insurance? I'd asked you that about 30 posts ago, but never got your answer.......

Why wouldn't I take it? I was forced to pay into it. Just because I don't like how a program is ran doesn't mean I won't take it, especially since I was forced to fund it. That's not hypocritical.
Why should I give up all I was forced to pay?
It's only hypocritical if I wasn't forced to pay into it, but chose to pay and receive it while criticizing it.

I didn't see that post. Forgive me.

No reply to my answer to you?

On YRC forum, Central States Pension fund looking gooooood. Feel for those still working, especially under 50, who fell for con. Happy for those retired living on the gravey on the promise. Took care of mine a long time ago, NEVER depend on an employer or Gov.

Communist cool-aider canary. What, our pay scale is published. So is benefits. Being single, my insurance is $10.83 week. Co pay $35, waived at walk in's, and most regular services free or almost nothing. Understand paying something, isn't right in your idealogy, yet a over $100000 procedures costs me $1,500 last year. If I catch a over charge or service I didn't receive, they take it off my deductible. So, yes I pay ATTENTION to my medical care. $10 for 90 day prescriptions. Really?? Only thing making my insurance or co-pays going up is your corrupt crony Obama's medical scam. Only thing that varies is company matched profit sharing. My share last year was well over $8,000, almost $9. + 6% return on funds contributed by myself by OD. Oh, and I control all monies in my account. What again was ABF's profit again under union control??? Already commented the wages being higher since union represented the drivers so well last time. Overtime is not really an issue now, since on 50 hour week it's $15 bucks, even at 47.5 hours and OD pays more under gross under 47.5. NUMBERS. Be more wage increases and benefits come September. New tractors, trailers, dollies and facilities constantly. Our terminal has doubled. Understand the mentality of protecting the screw ups, slackers, and scumbags, just don't agree with it. It costs everyone too much and kills incentive to do better.

On YRC forum, Central States Pension fund looking gooooood. Feel for those still working, especially under 50, who fell for con. Happy for those retired living on the gravey on the promise. Took care of mine a long time ago, NEVER depend on an employer or Gov.
Boo hoo the union did you & your father wrong, do you think your the only ones this happened to? It's still the best game in town as far as I'm concerned. What does od put toward your retirement? I have other investments besides my pension to rely on it it's not there when I retire....so I look at as a bonus if it's still there when it's my time

He we go again another intelligent post by the OD apologist. just what information do you have to support your claim that our pension funds are a con? Is that your bongee scheme theory? What have you got to back it up?

I haven't seen your response to the fact that ODFL doesn't layoff, They terminate and sometimes rehire like in your case. But I was right in what I posted and I provided proof. So lets see what you have to back up your claim.