ABF | ODFL to ABF

over the last couple of weeks we lost drivers to abf…why would they do such a thing:17::17:

Maybe this is part of the reason they left OD for ABF

Unionized workers are 28 percent more likely to have employer provided health insurance and 54 percent more likely to have employer provided pensions. Unionized workers enjoy more vacation time, and they are more productive than non-union workers. Countries with high rates of union coverage enjoy lower rates of inequality and lower rates of poverty, and their workers enjoy greater economic security. And, further, a robust union movement raises pay and working conditions for non-union workers as well.
Which Side Are You On? Inequality and the Case for Unions*|*Tim Koechlin

I can tell you what ABF pays in the Philly area supplement. Local Driver pay is 22.6964/hr. UE (Utility Employees) make a dollar more @ 23.6964 hour. UE also make .5859 per mile if they have a "grandfather" run. On July 1, we are supposed to get a 2% raise....which is $ .4737, which will end up as $24.17 an hour..and .5976 a mile. Yes it is true that the vacations suck at ABFfor new hires...2 years for a weeks vacation? 2 weeks after 8 years? Jesus, McDonalds had better vacations. But the Health and Welfare is stupendous....great.

Looking around at other ltl carriers. Can anyone tell me what ABF makes a HR and a mile.

Thanks about to give up on FedEx an exploring my options