ODFL | ODFL - Triples

JimmyB

TB Lurker
Credits
Thought some might enjoy seeing some ODFL triples photos taken in Nevada.

ODFL-Triples_10-29_02.jpg

ODFL-Triples_10-29_01.jpg

Jimmy B

I could've sworn the super single con-gears weren't to be used for triples. Some of the 07' trucks being used in the NW for pulling these trains of trailers have jakes and bigger motors. Wish I could get my hands on one.

They can be pull them on the Kansas turnpike out of KCY to Topeka KS or to the Oklahoma line. Topeka is about 60 miles the OK border is about 210 I think. Not really interested in taking it up myself. Have enough whiskers to not have to. From what I understand OD only pays 2 cents a mile more to pull them.

Are cool pictures though have hooked a lot of triple sets when I have used the front of a set that was left unhooked as the rear trlr. that I was taking

I could've sworn the super single con-gears weren't to be used for triples. Some of the 07' trucks being used in the NW for pulling these trains of trailers have jakes and bigger motors. Wish I could get my hands on one.

i work for fedex freight and in the east we can use them for triples as long as they are the michelin wide based tires

heh heh.. that's as close as I've gotten to pulling triples too sparky. I'd go around the yard a few times just to get the full affect before taking the trailer I needed.

New Trucks

BillyLo,from what I heard there will be many of them new trucks with jakes all in the system but the majority will be out in the western states,in the rockies and west of them.

Thanks for the kind remarks, I'm a bit of a truck fan so somedays I go out and photograph trucks. I like the combinations that are somewhat regional in nature and not seen throughout the lower 48.

I'm a P&D driver for Yellow freight now and have been driving since 1970...Now this is sorta a hobby, man I must be nuts! LOL

Jimmy B