ODFL | ODFL Wild Run questions

bco1607

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello.

I currently work at R&L, bit have a job offer from ODFL as a wild driver. tM claims it will be mostly night time line haul runs, bit to expect being on the extra board for a while. Just curious if the switch is worth it. RL maxes out at just around $30/hr. Most line haul runs only pay around $240/night out of my yard.

Plenty of work usually as a wild driver at ODFL? Plenty of freight over there? I'd hate to leave a job only to be laid off when freight slows down in January.

Thoughts in general?

Lynchburg, VA. Not a terribly large terminal, bit none of them are here. Thanks
Nice little terminal..Yes,you will most likely be running turns out of there every night.You will do good there .I know several driver’s and terminal manager there..Not a lot of driver’s out of there

Long time truck, are you really that unhappy here?

bco, that is going to be instant raise. Can gross 2k week at bottom pay scale if you’re willing to work. Health insurance is free after 60 days, and the 401k match too starts then too, so you’ll want to get in that right away.

Do wild runs bag out on the east coast? Here they do. Not many of them but we have guys in motel couple times a week.

Occasional bag out. Talked with the TM yesterday and he said he was sending the paperwork up. Hoping everything is finalized by this upcoming week. I don't mind and occasional bag. Right now,. I wouldn't fret over a bag a few times a week honestly. I'd like to use my 70 weekly. Oldest kid in college soon. 2 more coming up. Obviously, given the option, I'd rather pull a load for $400 over $200.

bco let them know. They will use you. Long time truck have you talked with your linehaul planner? I went several weeks in a row only working like 350 miles and finally talked to our linehaul planner, and now I’m looking at the availability on Saturday morning sweating to make it home usually.

I run wild, just started back in June..

Usually I run anywhere from 400-600 miles a night (been covering this one guy's route for 3 weeks now it's a 610 route)

Usually make $1,400+ a week after taxes
Sounds like you're in line for layoffs when they start good luck no miles no money.,.,.,.,

Long time truck, are you really that unhappy here?

bco, that is going to be instant raise. Can gross 2k week at bottom pay scale if you’re willing to work. Health insurance is free after 60 days, and the 401k match too starts then too, so you’ll want to get in that right away.
Unhappy understament

Sounds like you're in line for layoffs when they start good luck no miles no money.,.,.,.,
I highly doubt that..

I work for a small terminal. 2 guys are retiring this year, another had to leave due to medical reasons. And another 2 are going to retire after next year. Plus they're adding some new routes.

I think I'm pretty safe at my current location

Hello.

I currently work at R&L, bit have a job offer from ODFL as a wild driver. tM claims it will be mostly night time line haul runs, bit to expect being on the extra board for a while. Just curious if the switch is worth it. RL maxes out at just around $30/hr. Most line haul runs only pay around $240/night out of my yard.

Plenty of work usually as a wild driver at ODFL? Plenty of freight over there? I'd hate to leave a job only to be laid off when freight slows down in January.

Thoughts in general?
I'm currently waiting on the hiring process to be completed at OD.Just waiting for a call back.It seems to be a long and thorough process.

I highly doubt that..

I work for a small terminal. 2 guys are retiring this year, another had to leave due to medical reasons. And another 2 are going to retire after next year. Plus they're adding some new routes.

I think I'm pretty safe at my current location

T-Force destroying UPSF/Overnite. XPO split the money making part of the company off into GXO. Two very large, coast to coast and border to border LTLs being moth balled. Losing drivers and customers. No coincidence that OD is growing in both drivers and freight. No layoffs this year. Not unless your boy Joe shuts the country down.

I'm currently waiting on the hiring process to be completed at OD.Just waiting for a call back.It seems to be a long and thorough process.

Make sure you have your hireright 100% complete. They cannot hire you until it is. Call your recruiter. And if you have to. There is a number on the hireright page to talk to a person. Call that number. Get your status to 100%.

Ive c
Make sure you have your hireright 100% complete. They cannot hire you until it is. Call your recruiter. And if you have to. There is a number on the hireright page to talk to a person. Call that number. Get your status to 10
I
Make sure you have your hireright 100% complete. They cannot hire you until it is. Call your recruiter. And if you have to. There is a number on the hireright page to talk to a person. Call that number. Get your status to 100%.
I've completed everything.Already did the road test, physical