XPO | Of Late, I Haven't Read a lot of Complaints About XPO LTL

Jacobs isn’t interested in long term employees. He filling seats till the con has reached his goal . He is sweating it right now because the stock is faltering. He's got to make it at least appear as a functional company for now . He can’t expand with the his original roll up scream as he’s used to, the stock split hasn’t seen the results he wants .... so now what to do. The webs we spin . Jacobs has no interest in running an Ltl . Not his thing . That’s too mundane and was never the intended plan. Running a trucking company long term take know how and reinvestment .

Also. His time table has run to long. The great reset is soon to upon us.

It’s on cruise control I think. Every barn is different. Mine was in absolute disarray for what seemed like the longest time but we got a new scm that actually gave a crap and things changed a bit. One thing I’ve learned after almost 20’years this business just ebbs and flows.

Found out that one of our best supervisors will be moving on here from ,Ross Express, to work at A Duie Pyle.
What’s this got to do with xpo and this thread in particular…let me explain.
So I asked him did you check out xpo before you settled on hiring on at Pyle? He said that he had only heard bad things about xpo so he eliminated them from his prospect list.
My question is: Is xpo’s reputation out there in the public that bad that good experienced LTL people are steered away by what they hear?
This is not a bash on XPO or their employees but to answer your question I personally have never worked for ConWay or Xpo but I have worked with and talked to oodles of former drivers of theirs that didn’t have any nice things to say about them. Just about all of them speak of 14 hours days with short miles and lots of dock work. Or the city hands would speak of dock in the morning , peddle freight all day, dock again upon return in the evening. I have never heard of anyone quitting a LTL I was employed at to go to ConWay/Xpo, it was always the other way around. I’m sure it varies by location but I just don’t want to endure those conditions. I do realize there are thousands of XPO employees that make a good honest living and I’m sure a lot of them make more money than I do in the process.

You are correct, our dock is is blown out & I’m seeing more damages then usual…. But the customer’s seem to except them because they don’t know when they will get another one….
The expectation of on time delivery is also out the window. Customers are just happy to get their freight. Bonus if it is intact.

The expectation of on time delivery is also out the window. Customers are just happy to get their freight. Bonus if it is intact.
In todays market there is really no on time delivery for normal shipments. If you want your freight by a certain day then there an extra charge for that. The package, UPS/FedEx, companies have been doing it for years. The fast you want it the more it cost. Other LTL's figured this out a long time ago and this is why Con-way OR was in the mid to uppper 90's when I came here. They would make a LH driver wait for for the last 2-3 shipments all the while holding 15+ shipments on 2 pups that could have left an hour ago. This caused missed deliverier and pickups. When I was in the city I talke to a New Penn driver. He said he starts at 8am and the load is closed, what's loaded goes out for delivery the rest waits for tomorrow.
XPO has now gone to a cut time for pickups that make it out that night. I was told if they are not back in the yard by 8pm the freight sits till tomorrow. Now we just need to get the FAC on the same plan and get us out on time.

In todays market there is really no on time delivery for normal shipments. If you want your freight by a certain day then there an extra charge for that. The package, UPS/FedEx, companies have been doing it for years. The fast you want it the more it cost. Other LTL's figured this out a long time ago and this is why Con-way OR was in the mid to uppper 90's when I came here. They would make a LH driver wait for for the last 2-3 shipments all the while holding 15+ shipments on 2 pups that could have left an hour ago. This caused missed deliverier and pickups. When I was in the city I talke to a New Penn driver. He said he starts at 8am and the load is closed, what's loaded goes out for delivery the rest waits for tomorrow.
XPO has now gone to a cut time for pickups that make it out that night. I was told if they are not back in the yard by 8pm the freight sits till tomorrow. Now we just need to get the FAC on the same plan and get us out on time.
Remember the cash cow trick that Con-way pulled years ago? They had a sales gimmick that they called ‘Conway Guaranteed.’ Conway would charge 20% extra if a customer wanted his shipment delivered on a specific date. If that didn’t happen, he was promised that the Whole freight charge would be dropped. The thing that the customers didn’t know was that all guaranteed shipments were treated just like all normal shipments in that they both ,normal and guaranteed , were set up to deliver according to established guidelines reguardless if a BOL had Conway Guarenteed written on it.

Remember the cash cow trick that Con-way pulled years ago? They had a sales gimmick that they called ‘Conway Guaranteed.’ Conway would charge 20% extra if a customer wanted his shipment delivered on a specific date. If that didn’t happen, he was promised that the Whole freight charge would be dropped. The thing that the customers didn’t know was that all guaranteed shipments were treated just like all normal shipments in that they both ,normal and guaranteed , were set up to deliver according to established guidelines reguardless if a BOL had Conway Guarenteed written on it.
We still have “G” shipments. they are the only thing we wait for at the FAC’s.

We still have “G” shipments. they are the only thing we wait for at the FAC’s.
That’s good. That way xpo LTL still has one decent way they gain extra revenue.
I think they changed how the ‘G’ gig works, but it’s still a win for the company… not sure for the shippers.

Everything is service exempted.

They should just call it XPO exempted. You shipped it with a trash carrier. And you get what you pay for. XPO standard service = go frak yourself. XPO “G” service = pay more for more of the same.