XPO | Of Late, I Haven't Read a lot of Complaints About XPO LTL

ScotchNeat

TB Veteran
Credits
Not that I want to hear complaints, but I'm curious to know about anecdotal experiences with things like OS&D issues, freight movement within the network, Samsara, compensation, customer satisfaction, management, or other things you guys think are going better, going worse, or about the same. As for myself, my guys seem to be getting the hang of Samsara handheld app, although I've seen a few quirks pop up. Our damage frequency seems to have improved a little bit, local management seems to be acting reasonable most of the time, and I hear no complaints about compensation. Just my two cents.

Look. After years of cutting everything and deliberately killing the business. They have decided they should try to invest in the company and grow it. It might work. But I personally think you’ll need to get rid of Jacobs for anything positive to happen long term. The whole thing is set up to make himself as rich as possible. Regardless of the cost.

{XPO Chief Strategy Officer Matt Fassler told LM in late 2021 that LTL is benefiting from a few different transcendent tailwinds.

“One of them…is the outsourcing of transportation broadly,” he said. “In a tight market visibility through technology helped to drive our business, and that is true in brokerage and it is true in LTL.}

Best part of that article shared by Highspeeds.

Looking to expand? Just to hand off runs to non-xpo drivers. Can't retain new drivers because short line runs with heaving helpings of dock. Ya, future is looking bright here. Hold on to them ankles tight.

{XPO Chief Strategy Officer Matt Fassler told LM in late 2021 that LTL is benefiting from a few different transcendent tailwinds.

“One of them…is the outsourcing of transportation broadly,” he said. “In a tight market visibility through technology helped to drive our business, and that is true in brokerage and it is true in LTL.}

Best part of that article shared by Highspeeds.

Looking to expand? Just to hand off runs to non-xpo drivers. Can't retain new drivers because short line runs with heaving helpings of dock. Ya, future is looking bright here. Hold on to them ankles tight.

I can’t find it. And I know it’s been said. I thought on here by someone. But the thought is. Be wary when they finally start spending money. That’s when you know it’s over.

I think your not hearing complaints because people have thrown their hands up . Our terminal operationally is in total dismay . Week long complete embargo and an OS&D that takes up 50 % of our dock . Better ? Maybe in no freight land but not from my view .

I think your not hearing complaints because people have thrown their hands up . Our terminal operationally is in total dismay . Week long complete embargo and an OS&D that takes up 50 % of our dock . Better ? Maybe in no freight land but not from my view .
That’s it. No point in fighting or complaining anymore. Month long embargo, still 40 breakers behind every night. Management is standing in the middle of a forest fire looking around, saying what a lovely sunny day it is. No point in fighting, just keep on keeping on.

Yeah, look over here we’re even building more terminals things are so peachy .

I think your not hearing much complaining he anymore is because people have thrown in the towel and are just riding it out . The company has been successful in beating everyone down to the point of no return . If someone thinks things are quiet here it’s just because what’s left to say .

That’s it. No point in fighting or complaining anymore. Month long embargo, still 40 breakers behind every night. Management is standing in the middle of a forest fire looking around, saying what a lovely sunny day it is. No point in fighting, just keep on keeping on.
Wow. Visitor here. Exactly how things have been here for waaay too long. What the stockholders don’t know won’t hurt em. Smh

Wow. Visitor here. Exactly how things have been here for waaay too long. What the stockholders don’t know won’t hurt em. Smh
It’s all about the spin unfortunately. If investors knew the every day lack of management and the chaos they would not have faith to invest . The whole company exist with one focus and that to make Jacobs wealthier.

Not that I want to hear complaints, but I'm curious to know about anecdotal experiences with things like OS&D issues, freight movement within the network, Samsara, compensation, customer satisfaction, management, or other things you guys think are going better, going worse, or about the same. As for myself, my guys seem to be getting the hang of Samsara handheld app, although I've seen a few quirks pop up. Our damage frequency seems to have improved a little bit, local management seems to be acting reasonable most of the time, and I hear no complaints about compensation. Just my two cents.
Found out that one of our best supervisors will be moving on here from ,Ross Express, to work at A Duie Pyle.
What’s this got to do with xpo and this thread in particular…let me explain.
So I asked him did you check out xpo before you settled on hiring on at Pyle? He said that he had only heard bad things about xpo so he eliminated them from his prospect list.
My question is: Is xpo’s reputation out there in the public that bad that good experienced LTL people are steered away by what they hear?

Found out that one of our best supervisors will be moving on here from ,Ross Express, to work at A Duie Pyle.
So I asked him did you check out xpo before you settled on hiring on at Pyle? He said that he had only heard bad things about xpo so he eliminated them from his prospect list.
My question is: Is xpo’s reputation out there in the public that bad that good experienced LTL people are steered away by what they hear?
Yes

XPO doesn’t want or hire experience. They want young, cheap and don’t know any better.

If they wanted experience, they’d make getting into management a lateral move for drivers.
They used to . At least back when they were ccx. When ccx expanded into the northeast back in the early 90’s, most all the fos positions that instantly became available were offered and taken by the newly hired and experienced drivers . Things have changed since then huh?

They used to . At least back when they were ccx. When ccx expanded into the northeast back in the early 90’s, most all the fos positions that instantly became available were offered and taken by the newly hired and experienced drivers . Things have changed since then huh?
I wouldn’t send my worst enemy here for a FOS job.. It’s more of a revolving door now then ever. Not enough money, no respect, lousy work conditions, terrible hours. And high speeds is right, they only hire people with no freight experience. Add the fact that people don’t want to work in general and this is what you get! So to your question, yes, our reputation is that bad. And for good reason.

I wouldn’t send my worst enemy here for a FOS job.. It’s more of a revolving door now then ever. Not enough money, no respect, lousy work conditions, terrible hours. And high speeds is right, they only hire people with no freight experience. Add the fact that people don’t want to work in general and this is what you get! So to your question, yes, our reputation is that bad. And for good reason.
Thx for your rational on the subject…it makes sense. Too bad that it has to be this way though.

For a short time. Then they quit.
Jacobs isn’t interested in long term employees. He filling seats till the con has reached his goal . He is sweating it right now because the stock is faltering. He's got to make it at least appear as a functional company for now . He can’t expand with the his original roll up scream as he’s used to, the stock split hasn’t seen the results he wants .... so now what to do. The webs we spin . Jacobs has no interest in running an Ltl . Not his thing . That’s too mundane and was never the intended plan. Running a trucking company long term take know how and reinvestment .

Last edited: