ODFL | off duty

It's all good..I thought I read you had 30 years in. I'm gonna go Roger Clemens and say maybe I "miss remembered!" I know I come off as hard nosed sometimes but I just want what's best for all us guys keeping the rubber to the road. I don't care if you're line haul, p&d yard dog, or a fork lift driver you deserve the best because this job takes years off your life. And that's a fact, not an opinion. We are the life blood of this company and the main reason it flourishes, no offense FG, I feel our piece of the pie should represent that. Maybe it's my entrepreneurial spirit, but I have washed windows and scrubbed toilets, and I'll fight for every dime we can get because I think we earn it, and we are worth it.

Be safe drivers, in the end all that really matters is we make it home to our family and friends. Those of you driving I-80 & 70 in my neck of the woods, please be safe, this storm is gonna bring some big, wet flakes.

None taken.
I agree with you on being compensated well.

I guess I'm just saying that I already think you are paid really well for the job that you do.

Every year that 3-4% raise gets a little bit bigger.

It's all good..I thought I read you had 30 years in. I'm gonna go Roger Clemens and say maybe I "miss remembered!" I know I come off as hard nosed sometimes but I just want what's best for all us guys keeping the rubber to the road. I don't care if you're line haul, p&d yard dog, or a fork lift driver you deserve the best because this job takes years off your life. And that's a fact, not an opinion. We are the life blood of this company and the main reason it flourishes, no offense FG, I feel our piece of the pie should represent that. Maybe it's my entrepreneurial spirit, but I have washed windows and scrubbed toilets, and I'll fight for every dime we can get because I think we earn it, and we are worth it.

Be safe drivers, in the end all that really matters is we make it home to our family and friends. Those of you driving I-80 & 70 in my neck of the woods, please be safe, this storm is gonna bring some big, wet flakes.
All good hear to. I'm hard nosed as well and I do believe you may have misremembered lol. I don't believe I've posted anything about having 30 years in anywhere on here but when you stare at the white line long enough any things possible and it does feel like 30 years sometimes.
Well said on your post. Stay safe kids!

You have no idea the crap we as California drivers are going through right now with this new law in place, we no longer get paid for drops and hooks,fueling, or chaining. We get paid on duty time at the states minimum wage, 10 bucks an hour, so if it takes 30 min to break and hook, we only get 5 bucks. They did start to pay us for the breaks now, 10 min. At the vacation wage. Just found out this morning too, no more laying over out of state for any drive based out of California, thanks OD for turning what was once a great job and special place to work for into an ordinary run of the mill LTL company.
Umm I think California had more to do with turning your job into something not so great.

All good hear to. I'm hard nosed as well and I do believe you may have misremembered lol. I don't believe I've posted anything about having 30 years in anywhere on here but when you stare at the white line long enough any things possible and it does feel like 30 years sometimes.
Well said on your post. Stay safe kids!

Sometimes when I stare into the dark I feel like I should be retiring next year... Then I remember I've got another 30 years to go... Sigh...