Central Transport | Officially Central but ... but ... but ...

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'm still confused as to why some have received paperwork the first day of training and others (such as my husband) have not. He's now on his 3rd day on his own at Central and still nothing. I'll feel a whole lot better once this gets taken care of. The patience is wearing thin.

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'm still confused as to why some have received paperwork the first day of training and others (such as my husband) have not. He's now on his 3rd day on his own at Central and still nothing. I'll feel a whole lot better once this gets taken care of. The patience is wearing thin.
I'm learning we can't go by what people share here because every terminal is different. People said our husbands would be CT employees as soon as they walked into the CT terminal. That's not the case in my area. Drivers here are still Vitran employees regardless of which terminal they are working at. That's why my husband hasn't received any paperwork. The reason your husband hasn't received paperwork could be for an entirely different reason.

Every city is being done differently because every terminal is run by a different manager. I've read here that CT terminals are overflowing with a gridlock of freight. That's not the case with the CT terminal in my area. They are moving freight here. And the fate of the terminals differs by city also. For example, not all Vitran terminals are being closed. Another thing that is different is the treatment of Vitran drivers. They are being treated well in my area. That might be more of a regional cultural mindset.

I have given up worrying about benefits. As long as he has a job, he'll have benefits. The main worries are income---getting routes and miles nightly. That's a temporary worry. Eventually they'll work it out and have set runs and know how many people they need. Some people will be laid off. I think families that aren't prepared for that possibility shouldn't be sticking around because it's a very real possibility.

The information on this site is beneficial for being prepared for any of the possible negatives. If anything, find reassurance that your husband isn't alone in not receiving paperwork instead of focusing on other Vitran drivers getting their paperwork at other terminals. Those terminals integrated sooner than our terminals.

I know your patience is wearing thin. I empathize. But I get the impression that you are working yourself into a panic. We have no control over what's happening if our husbands are staying. The only control we have over this situation is to job search. If we chose to stay, we have to let go of the stress because we have zero influence over what the future brings. We have to accept that and have faith our families will overcome any hardships.

Perhaps I'll tell the hubby to charge it in the bathroom tonight!
245.gif

Im going to try n be as nice as i possibly can, you could just sit back (with your blinders on) and think that your "hubby" will come home one day and tell you all is good. Im sorry to be the one to tell you, the longer he stays the longer you and him will be miserable. Dont think for a second that ANYONE from central (MANAGEMENT DISPATCHERS SUPS DRIVERS LUMPERS) is going to help. Did the 3bears help goldylocks eat their pourage??? Hell no,!!!!! They carved that snot nose brat up and had a real good dinner!!!. Get out now, or join all the spring chickens in april. Here is a great example on how much they think of vitran people. So you think your senority gets you somewhere now? Well the #1 city hand with 20 yrs plus did his peddle route. He got back to the yard at 3pm, you would think he would get a swap???? Nope, he got a load of 24 skids going to peytons, which is a grocery dist. Which we all know those type of outfits its either the LTL outfit has a contract set up and peytons has its lumpers unload n break down the skids. Or you can be vitran or CTII both are so cheap they have their drivers break it down. After 6.5 hours 24skids turned into 102skids. THATS HOW MUCH THEY THINK OF ALL OF YOU VITRAN HANDS!!!!!! GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN

Roxanne in pit was the greatest, she knew her stuff and she always had patience for anything and everything. After some medical issues our family had, she was 100x more helpfull the T. winters in indy. ( just one mans opinion

I've always loved diversity on boards. We all have a different way of looking at things. I appreciate any and all advice but, like Maggie said, it's different for everyone. Other than not getting answers as quickly as he [husband] would like, he's not been treated badly. Yes, that may change at any moment, like you said $outh$ide, but for now he's working and getting hours and getting decent runs. He realizes he's in his 50s, too, and it's not as easy to pick up and go elsewhere and start all over at his age.

No, I'm not panicking, MaggieMae. It's just that I'm at home with the chronic illness Lupus and medical coverage is important for me. I'll just rest much easier when he actually has that paperwork in hand. :o

Roxanne in pit was the greatest, she knew her stuff and she always had patience for anything and everything. After some medical issues our family had, she was 100x more helpfull the T. winters in indy. ( just one mans opinion

I've always said that the smartest thing PJAX EVER did was hire Roxanne. You are spot on! She's been the best!!!!

I've always loved diversity on boards. We all have a different way of looking at things. I appreciate any and all advice but, like Maggie said, it's different for everyone. Other than not getting answers as quickly as he [husband] would like, he's not been treated badly. Yes, that may change at any moment, like you said $outh$ide, but for now he's working and getting hours and getting decent runs. He realizes he's in his 50s, too, and it's not as easy to pick up and go elsewhere and start all over at his age.

No, I'm not panicking, MaggieMae. It's just that I'm at home with the chronic illness Lupus and medical coverage is important for me. I'll just rest much easier when he actually has that paperwork in hand. :o
Understood. Insurance is important. I feel confident you will remain insured through this ordeal. I guess Roxanne doesn't answer the phones anymore. That's a shame.

My husband is used to starting over. He has been starting over his entirely life in different industries, and the trucking industry is just more of the same---companies going out of business, accounts going out of business, etc. He always stays until the end and goes down with the ship.

He is being treated well. We just haven't seen the miles yet. A Vitran driver with less seniority is getting the miles, but he has been at the CT terminal longer so it truly is understandable. My husband was going to say something but decided to wait. We can go a while with low paychecks. We get the impression that Vitran drivers are being called over to CT for an informal interview---to see what they're like. Guys who have given the CT manager a hard time haven't been invited back.

One other thing. The CT terminal my husband has been delivering loads to is much more professional than the Vitran terminal my husband delivered to. He walks in the door, they exchange paperwork, and he's on his way again. At Vitran, he would sit for hours and hours waiting for his return load. And Vitran wasn't following seniority at that terminal.. CT is an improvement as far as that's concerned. We just need the miles but we realize it's way too soon.

Not sure if this helps anyone else but my husband had heard from another driver that the Highmark insurance is in effect until the first of January, 2014. So, I called Highmark and, sure enough, they verified that it shows the policy in place and due to expire on 1/1/2014. Husband also called and said that the terminal manager heard the 2014 open enrollment paperwork will be there on Friday. Also, no payroll info to fill out (i.e.W4) as they just transfer the payroll info from Vitran. That at least answers many of our questions, for now. :1036316054:

Not sure if this helps anyone else but my husband had heard from another driver that the Highmark insurance is in effect until the first of January, 2014. So, I called Highmark and, sure enough, they verified that it shows the policy in place and due to expire on 1/1/2014. Husband also called and said that the terminal manager heard the 2014 open enrollment paperwork will be there on Friday. Also, no payroll info to fill out (i.e.W4) as they just transfer the payroll info from Vitran. That at least answers many of our questions, for now. :1036316054:
I'm going to use up my dental insurance! I was shocked to learn a root canal costs $1,000. That's just the root canal. Then I go back to the dentist for the cap.

I'm going to use up my dental insurance! I was shocked to learn a root canal costs $1,000. That's just the root canal. Then I go back to the dentist for the cap.

Husband is getting his eyes checked and new glasses this weekend. I think many people are trying to get things done before the change hits and new deductibles go into effect. Good luck on your dental work, MM.

AdBlock Detected