TForce | Ohio terminal to relocate

The manufacturing base is no longer present at these facilities,thus, not revenue generating. Thanks, NAFTA ! It only took 35 years for globalist politicians to destroy the United States.

What is article 40? That picture grpd80 posted? I’m assuming something about guys affected being able to transfer with senior rights or something? Seniority not senior

What is article 40? That picture grpd80 posted? I’m assuming something about guys affected being able to transfer with senior rights or something? Seniority not senior
Follow the freight. In a change of operations affected employees can transfer to the terminal absorbing the work. Dovetail by seniority.
7 weeks is not a lot of time to make a life changing decision.
Best of luck to the people involved...

Every Brother and Sister should have on them at all times a copy of the Master Agreement. I'm appalled, but not surprised to hear a question like this. It's quite disappointing.

Our local prints it as an easy to carry handbook, the size of a cell phone. It has come in handy on many occasions. Several pages in mine are ear-marked because of the frequent turnover of part time management. We even go so far as to have a couple dedicated copies in the office for management to review an any time. Has saved us many a grievances.

ARTICLE 40 - Change of Operations...

The parties agree that there must be a procedure to permit timely
and efficient Change of Operations in order to meet marketplace
demands and changing customer needs. The Employer agrees that
service centers and facilities covered by this Agreement shall not be
transferred, changed or modified without notification of and discussion
with the Local Union in accordance with this Article.

You can read the rest of it in the 2018-2023 Freight Master Agreement.

Here's a link to one. >>> UPS FREIGHT 2018-2023 NATIONAL MASTER AGREEMENT

Again, EVERY Union Brother and Sister should have a copy of this, know where to find a copy and to have read it front to back.

Not for nothing, but almost all those jobs, are within a reasonable move.

If the move is more than 75 miles, the company pays up to 6k in moving expenses and some commuting expenses within the first year.

Last edited:
It’s not the distance but the dovetailing I would be more concerned about.
When a terminal is closed, you have 2 choices, follow the job or get a new one. If only some of the work transfers, than it becomes a dovetail issue, since you can stay.

How would the seniority work?
The 2 terminals would merge their people. Since it's not considered a transfer, you retain your hiring seniority. You would then re-bid all the routes based on that. There would also be new bids for the receiving terminal to bid. Although some of them may be cut. As well as new bids for the transfers to bid on.

The winners for the most part, would be the ones being forced to another terminal. There would be new bids to choose from. And, depending on seniority, may be in a better position. The losers would be those at the terminal absorbing the closing terminal. You may have been top dog, but if someone comes in with a hiring date before yours, you get bumped down.

Please, read the contract. It's very well explained.