TForce | Ohio terminal to relocate

Every Brother and Sister should have on them at all times a copy of the Master Agreement. I'm appalled, but not surprised to hear a question like this. It's quite disappointing.

Our local prints it as an easy to carry handbook, the size of a cell phone. It has come in handy on many occasions. Several pages in mine are ear-marked because of the frequent turnover of part time management. We even go so far as to have a couple dedicated copies in the office for management to review an any time. Has saved us many a grievances.

ARTICLE 40 - Change of Operations...

The parties agree that there must be a procedure to permit timely
and efficient Change of Operations in order to meet marketplace
demands and changing customer needs. The Employer agrees that
service centers and facilities covered by this Agreement shall not be
transferred, changed or modified without notification of and discussion
with the Local Union in accordance with this Article.

You can read the rest of it in the 2018-2023 Freight Master Agreement.

Here's a link to one. >>> UPS FREIGHT 2018-2023 NATIONAL MASTER AGREEMENT

Again, EVERY Union Brother and Sister should have a copy of this, know where to find a copy and to have read it front to back.
Sorry to bother you, I was just curious. Not a TForce employee or even a Teamster for that matter.

ask the Carolina driver's when Abf took them over..lots of very unhappy people
That was one company taking over another, this is consolidating terminals within the same company.
Completely different scenarios.
Bottom guys at both barns will probably be cut loose though, there's only room for so many people on the platform per shift.

Last edited:
It sure looks like the Pittsburg terminal just got a bunch of work. Possible a bunch of people about to get hammered by dovetails. Two terminals merging in.

Read that wrong the first time.

ask the Carolina driver's when Abf took them over..lots of very unhappy people
True, but that was a end tail of seniority not a dovetail.
The Carolina deal was most definitely a dove-tail based on seniority. At least it was in the Southern Region. I had just started full time at ABF in 1994. When the Carolina/Red Arrow guys merged in, they dovetailed in based on the amount of years they had at Carolina/Red Arrow. I know this because every one of them that came to our terminal went ahead of me and several others on the seniority roster. One of them had 28 years and ended up being in the mid twenties on the seniority roster on a board of 254 full time employees.
Sorry about posting ABF stuff on the T-Force board. I just wanted to clear this up about the ABF/Carolina merger.

Last edited:
The Carolina deal was most definitely a dove-tail based on seniority. At least it was in the Southern Region. I had just started full time at ABF in 1994. When the Carolina/Red Arrow guys merged in, they dovetailed in based on the amount of years they had at Carolina/Red Arrow. I know this because every one of them that came to our terminal went ahead of me and several others on the seniority roster. One of them had 28 years and ended up being in the mid twenties on the seniority roster on a board of 254 full time employees.
Sorry about posting ABF stuff on the T-Force board. I just wanted to clear this up about the ABF/Carolina merger.
my mistake.. the way i remember is up in Mass. Abf came in and took over Carolina"s eol terminal Carolina's day men with over 20 years were then put on late afternoon shifts or on nites due to Abf's lists ..few years later Abf moved terminal to get out of local 25's 'juristicion.