Ohio Turnpike toll overweight

firsttobefired

TB Lurker
Credits
Usually when I use this highway I drive through with ipass/ezpass. This time I didnt have it and I had to pay with my credit card. When I was waiting at the toll I looked at the toll box and there is a sign Overweight and Overheight. How does it work? Does Ohio has weight station on every toll lane? What will happen if you are overweight?

Usually when I use this highway I drive through with ipass/ezpass. This time I didnt have it and I had to pay with my credit card. When I was waiting at the toll I looked at the toll box and there is a sign Overweight and Overheight. How does it work? Does Ohio has weight station on every toll lane? What will happen if you are overweight?

Yes they do.......Overweight through EZPass will generate overweight penalty on EZPass account....Unless you're exceeding the weight by a very large amount. Then you'll be met by a State trooper at your exit with portable scales......Much Fun.....

Don't do it if you're grossing in excess of 95,000 on 5 axles.......

Overheight can get you chased by a trooper,.....so get that Large Snowbank off the trailer roof,...and secure that flapping Tarp.

In Penna. ....a CB antenna that's unusually high can set off the "Overheight" warning. Toll attendants will give your description to State Troopers who will be completely disgusted when they find out it's just your antenna.........

Yes they do.......Overweight through EZPass will generate overweight penalty on EZPass account....Unless you're exceeding the weight by a very large amount. Then you'll be met by a State trooper at your exit with portable scales......Much Fun.....

Don't do it if you're grossing in excess of 95,000 on 5 axles.......

Overheight can get you chased by a trooper,.....so get that Large Snowbank off the trailer roof,...and secure that flapping Tarp.

In Penna. ....a CB antenna that's unusually high can set off the "Overheight" warning. Toll attendants will give your description to State Troopers who will be completely disgusted when they find out it's just your antenna.........
how much is penalty?
so state trooper waits by the toll? all the time? can you exit highway and continue through streets?

how much is penalty?
so state trooper waits by the toll? all the time? can you exit highway and continue through streets?

Penalty was paid by a friend of mine many years ago.....not sure of the price now,....but I am sure they use the same method to track you down.....

how much is penalty?

Ohio will do random checks at the rest areas too So if your trucking outlaw better make sure you take your breaks at a tstop