1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

Ohio Turnpike toll overweight

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by firsttobefired, Jan 3, 2019.

1. firsttobefired

firsttobefired Member

Usually when I use this highway I drive through with ipass/ezpass. This time I didnt have it and I had to pay with my credit card. When I was waiting at the toll I looked at the toll box and there is a sign Overweight and Overheight. How does it work? Does Ohio has weight station on every toll lane? What will happen if you are overweight?

2. xeastend

xeastend Well-Known Member

Last time that happened to me I was not allowed on. Tried again but this time crept thru an was on. Going to fast will give a false reading

00mustang and canaryinthemine like this.
  3. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Driver Since:

Yes they do.......Overweight through EZPass will generate overweight penalty on EZPass account....Unless you're exceeding the weight by a very large amount. Then you'll be met by a State trooper at your exit with portable scales......Much Fun.....

Don't do it if you're grossing in excess of 95,000 on 5 axles.......

Overheight can get you chased by a trooper,.....so get that Large Snowbank off the trailer roof,...and secure that flapping Tarp.

In Penna. ....a CB antenna that's unusually high can set off the "Overheight" warning. Toll attendants will give your description to State Troopers who will be completely disgusted when they find out it's just your antenna.........

4. firsttobefired

firsttobefired Member

what do you mean you were not allowed?
    did you het a fine? ticket? you were towed?

5. firsttobefired

firsttobefired Member

how much is penalty?
    so state trooper waits by the toll? all the time? can you exit highway and continue through streets?

6. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Driver Since:

Penalty was paid by a friend of mine many years ago.....not sure of the price now,....but I am sure they use the same method to track you down.....

7. xeastend

xeastend Well-Known Member

I tried a few times. Had to go back to my yard and have some frt taken off. Could have chanced it and bypassed the pike

8. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go So we got that going for us, Wich is nice

Ohio will do random checks at the rest areas too So if your trucking outlaw better make sure you take your breaks at a tstop