ABF | Oji claim denial

Expect the company to drag it out as long as possible, and do everything to get you to settle. Their first offer made me laugh so hard I lost consciousness.

Oh, and if you're expecting them to show an OUNCE of morality in all this, the guy who handled my molestation in the claims department posted Bible scriptures almost every day on social media, and all his friends told him what a good Christian he is. I bet he sleeps like a baby, as long as nobody in his life finds out what he REALLY does for a job.

Has anyone ever been denied of a oji claim?Im sure i am not the first.
I was denied an OTJ injury claim back in 2011. Had an injury throwing a pallet on the tail end of a trailer. After a few minutes, the pain went away so I did not report it. About a month later, a knot about the size of a golf ball popped up (hernia). So, I reported it and filled out the paper work. The next day, I was informed that OTJ claim had been denied by the state of Arkansas. I even had three witnesses when it happened that all confirmed my story. Apparently, there had been so many fraudulent claims on hernias that the state of Arkansas would only recognize it if the injury was reported and diagnosed as a hernia by a doctor within a 48-hour period. I had no idea I even had a problem until the knot popped up a month later. Now, I report everything that could potentially be an injury as soon as it happens. Was it ABF that denied your OTJ injury or the state you live in?

Expect the company to drag it out as long as possible, and do everything to get you to settle. Their first offer made me laugh so hard I lost consciousness.

Oh, and if you're expecting them to show an OUNCE of morality in all this, the guy who handled my molestation in the claims department posted Bible scriptures almost every day on social media, and all his friends told him what a good Christian he is. I bet he sleeps like a baby, as long as nobody in his life finds out what he REALLY does for a job.
I am having a difficult time focusing in on your claim. If it is more than a physical injury I can understand how it is personal. I know that prompt reporting of an injury for a claim is a must.
I think Arkansas comp law is that if an injury occours on the job, the employee is paid wages by the company till his shift would have ended, then he goes on comp.
I mentioned before a person was off work drawing comp from the state claiming a physical injury he claimed happened on the job. He posted on social media a pic of himself on the lake on water skis while drawing comp pay from the state. Anything posted on social media is public domain & the state monitors what claimants post. Guess what happened?

I am having a difficult time focusing in on your claim. If it is more than a physical injury I can understand how it is personal. I know that prompt reporting of an injury for a claim is a must.
I think Arkansas comp law is that if an injury occours on the job, the employee is paid wages by the company till his shift would have ended, then he goes on comp.
I mentioned before a person was off work drawing comp from the state claiming a physical injury he claimed happened on the job. He posted on social media a pic of himself on the lake on water skis while drawing comp pay from the state. Anything posted on social media is public domain & the state monitors what claimants post. Guess what happened?
? He got caught with his swimming trunks down?

? He got caught with his swimming trunks down?
That is a good analogy. He had difficulty explaining how he was able to water ski when he limped & used crutches when he filed his claim & everytime he was at the doctor's office & on company property. He was offered an opportunity to resign to avoid embarassment to himself & the local at his discharge hearing. He chose not to resign. There was little the local could do for him. The last I heard the state filed a claim for a refund on what he had drawn from comp.

That is a good analogy. He had difficulty explaining how he was able to water ski when he limped & used crutches when he filed his claim & everytime he was at the doctor's office & on company property. He was offered an opportunity to resign to avoid embarassment to himself & the local at his discharge hearing. He chose not to resign. There was little the local could do for him. The last I heard the state filed a claim for a refund on what he had drawn from comp.
It’s amazing how many people will act, or do something real stupid, but can’t wait to get it on social media for the whole world to look at.

No, that's fair.

So I felt a pop in my knee, I thought I was just "hurting" cuz... that's what we do as truck drivers, and I went home for the weekend to rest. It didn't get any better. I tried to show up for work my next work day, and couldn't climb into the truck. That's when I knew I might be "injured."

Not reporting this stuff right away is a killer, and sometimes you learn the brutally hard way to report every little thing, no matter how innocuous.

But one bankruptcy later, I'm all smartened up and making decent money elsewhere.

Hence my...rather "tense" tone when speaking of ABF.

No, that's fair.

So I felt a pop in my knee, I thought I was just "hurting" cuz... that's what we do as truck drivers, and I went home for the weekend to rest. It didn't get any better. I tried to show up for work my next work day, and couldn't climb into the truck. That's when I knew I might be "injured."

Not reporting this stuff right away is a killer, and sometimes you learn the brutally hard way to report every little thing, no matter how innocuous.

But one bankruptcy later, I'm all smartened up and making decent money elsewhere.

Hence my...rather "tense" tone when speaking of ABF.
I can understand your frustration but unfortunately all companies will try to weasel out of paying a comp claim.