Central Transport | ok guys how much more.....

the dude

TB Lurker
Credits
:rant:how much more can our families take from this company. I'm thankful to be working but at what cost to my family. I start at 10am and don't get home til 830-9 at the lowest ltl wage in the industry now that Milan has gotten some of their money back. The rules change all the time to suit the TMs. More and more freight is crossing our docks being crammed into our trailers and "we're losing money". I don't buy it. My terminal has had about 15 rental swing door trailers and about 7 rental trucks for a total cost of about $16,000 per month in fees...but we're not making money. They've renegotiated a price increases with several national accounts. We need to stand together and stand up for our rights! Not talking union but corporate needs to stop bulls@#tting us and come up with some money!!

My advice Leave as I did. I know it's hard to do that in this economy but I was fortunate enough to do so and found a job in ltl industry making to start than some guys are who have been with company 6+ years. Kinda sad if u ask me.

Its true something needs to be done just not sure what,just have a feeling its gonna get even worse.We have more freight than anyone in our area and still nothing is given back.lets not forget we are now required to buy our own hand trucks to move their freight,not me brother,like i said b4 will do 1 box at a time if I have to,we shall see what the customers think of that.

Our barn is swamped. Huge discounts to get freight, but then we can't handle it. Not enough trucks, TM is allowed to rent , but won't as this will affect his year end bonus. 65-68 hours a week (in five days) is getting old. Feel more like a prisoner than a worker. And no, no overtime, due to part mileage pay. Guys are starting to leave our place in a hurry. Many are looking for other jobs daily. I expect a huge exodus if the economy gets better. Once CSA 2010 kicks in, and guys start getting fines for the company's problems, more will leave.

Yeah, the "WE ARE LOOSING MONEY" argument that has been shoved down our throat is a total joke. Look at the past 6 mos. Read in the other post the 2nd quarter results. 293% increase in income. How much of that is the 5% they took from everyone that we will never see again. They will keep preaching the "we are loosing money" sermon because after all, we are all dumb and don't know how to read the financial news/results like management does. Unfortunately, like most here, there are few options out there so they have us by the short hairs.

[quote author=Scotty425 link=topic=82154.msg849578#msg849578 date=1279733541]
" TM is allowed to rent , but won't as this will affect his year end bonus."
[/quote]
How do you know the TM gets a bonus? Have you seen the check?

Something else I would like to point out for anyone that doesn't know, the transcript for the investor conference call is available to the public. Something that caught my eye is the following answer to a question. A caller asked our CEO about expenses that would be coming back later this year in relation to giving back pay cuts and such. You can read the response which basically said even though we are making money now, they may not give us back our 5% by the end of the year. He also inferred that possibly only us guys in the US took the pay cut since he specifically said he would like to give the US employees a bump.

"Neal Deaton - BB&T Capital Markets

And then if you would, you got labor expenses coming back in the back half of this year related to salary cuts and things like that you'll, you know that were cost saving as a year ago but you're going to bump up against.

Rick Gaetz

I don't know, I don't know. It's a good question, there is -- we would like to move wages a little bit between now and the end of the year, there is no question about that. It would be our desire. But it's quite frankly Neal it is absolutely a function of yield which becomes a function of margin. And as we continue to move yield along we will, as we continue to recover yield we'll start to consider leaking some of that back end. New world order it is what it is. But we would like to give our U.S. employees a bump and we will as we continue to move yield."

You can read it all for yourselves right here - http://seekingalpha.com/article/215...c-q2-2010-earnings-call-transcript?part=qanda

[quote author=joebobin link=topic=82154.msg850313#msg850313 date=1279913600]

Rick Gaetz

I don't know, I don't know. It's a good question, there is -- we would like to move wages a little bit between now and the end of the year, there is no question about that. It would be our desire. But it's quite frankly Neal it is absolutely a function of yield which becomes a function of margin. And as we continue to move yield along we will, as we continue to recover yield we'll start to consider leaking some of that back end. New world order it is what it is. But we would like to give our U.S. employees a bump and we will as we continue to move yield."

You can read it all for yourselves right here - http://seekingalpha.com/article/215...c-q2-2010-earnings-call-transcript?part=qanda
[/quote]Why is it this guy can never answer a question straight? Sounds like a senator. No matter. I wouldn't count on seeing that 5% anytime soon. Nor any raises.
As to others, TMs get a small bonus for running a good operation. Which is fair, and a good incentive. With this company being so cheap, who knows? Maybe they cut that ,too. I know Rick G. got a biggie last year.... :cry:
I am just sick of the "we're slammed, need you guys to work faster,do more,etc" all without more equipment, or more workers. Everybody's doing the best they can...

[quote author=Bobo2365 link=topic=82154.msg850311#msg850311 date=1279912754]
How do you know the TM gets a bonus? Have you seen the check?
[/quote]how do u know he does not get a bonus maybe you should email you buddy dean k or the nlrb :biglaugh:

[quote author=speedracer21 link=topic=82154.msg850451#msg850451 date=1279946659]
how do u know he does not get a bonus maybe you should email you buddy dean k or the nlrb :biglaugh:
[/quote]
At one time the TM did get a bonus, that was taken away when Vitran bought CSKL.