ODFL | Old Dominion’s vacation policy

Jess waters

TB Lurker
Credits
Gentlemen I figured I’ll throw this out and get some opinions as we all know the company change their vacation policy a few years ago now people with five years and one day get three weeks vacation but yet some of us with 14 years and six months still get three weeks I understand why the company did what they did I get it they’re trying to retain and hold onto younger drivers lock them in if you will but what about the people who helped put the company where they’re at in my opinion they should’ve brought us to four weeks at 12 or 13 years we have one gentleman that was here nine years and he had less vacation then the people who had five years and two he had his 10th year there’s something not right with this not complaining Just saying like to get some feedback positive or negative because what happens when we change the policy again in a few years the same young guys today will be sitting in the same boat that us older guys are sitting in today what say you

Timing is everything !!!
Please do not give me wrong all I’m saying is look at the big picture at least a company could compensated for those with 10+ years that get the same vacation as a guy that walks in the door but if that makes sense do you think you’re that person that they’re trying to reach I get it but let’s be clear 98% of people happy to work here and I am one of Those people but right is right and a matter how You think and as far as timing goes is that one of those catchphrases the covers a multitude of sins just one man’s opinion

Reactions: Ump
Please do not give me wrong all I’m saying is look at the big picture at least a company could compensated for those with 10+ years that get the same vacation as a guy that walks in the door but if that makes sense do you think you’re that person that they’re trying to reach I get it but let’s be clear 98% of people happy to work here and I am one of Those people but right is right and a matter how You think and as far as timing goes is that one of those catchphrases the covers a multitude of sins just one man’s opinion
I don't really concern myself with what my fellow drivers get. When I hired on they really didn't need me. But now, in order to attract drivers they have incentives to do that. Direct tv offers the NFL package to new subscribers for free... I've been with them for 10 years and get nothing... Now that pisses me off!!

I don't really concern myself with what my fellow drivers get. When I hired on they really didn't need me. But now, in order to attract drivers they have incentives to do that. Direct tv offers the NFL package to new subscribers for free... I've been with them for 10 years and get nothing... Now that pisses me off!!

I've been with them 20 years, I guess that's why I get double what you get!

Stop being scared and join the Union send them the message they need you more than you need them it's time I get what we deserve good pay good working conditions at home time and not being treated like an animal in a sleeve that's just my opinion stop being scared and exercise your legal rights to join a union
Dude, go away... we get great pay, benefits, home time, not treated like an animal, etc. Get a life.

So if I'm reading correctly, drivers with 5 years get 3 weeks, right? I'm guessing that 4th week of vacation after 15 years? How about drivers with less than 5 years? And is vacation and PTO the same thing at OD or is that separate? I'm thinking of applying in the late winter/ early spring. Thanks in advance :1036316054:

So if I'm reading correctly, drivers with 5 years get 3 weeks, right? I'm guessing that 4th week of vacation after 15 years? How about drivers with less than 5 years? And is vacation and PTO the same thing at OD or is that separate? I'm thinking of applying in the late winter/ early spring. Thanks in advance :1036316054:
It used to be two weeks after your first year plus 2 PTO days. Now all time is considered PTO. We also get our birthday off with pay which can be used up to 30 days after your b-day.