ODFL | Old Dominion Pay Increase is here!

I get what you’re saying however when you’re paid by the mile they understand there’s no upside in you Taking your time or lack of better terms stealing time so they will pay you for what you’re worth the road never gets any shorter my friend so when you do a 500 mile turn you’re doing 500 miles. P/d which I was in back in the old days there’s a lot of slack time and lotta opportunities that’s what I’m talking about and I myself on vacation and holiday pay make well over $45 an hour
Plus when pd take vacation we loose a days pay

My run is 660mi. I do it in a 70mph truck. I work for a good solid outfit. My family has what they need. I'm really hard-pressed to find much to complain about, so color me appreciative.
Don't let Billy lo know, he be bumping at bid time, selling the mowers, selling the boat and buying a yacht and becoming part owner of John deere, lol

I think linehaul vacation pay is based like that:
Gross/52/45=Hourly PTO
Let's say
100000/52/45=42.73

City is whatever you make an hour. Midwest is 31.65.
I grossed 90000 last year.
90000/52/45=38.46

Just another example of OD family banging p&d drivers.

Vacation is 9 hr paid day. They work city drivers minimum of 11, closer to 12 daily
We don't get rated the gods gift to drivers,( linehual)
It’s been a number of years, yes I agree with you. Maybe they should raise the P&D vacation pay based on the average actual hours that you work in a week. If you average 11 hours then that’s what your vacation should be. This is a old system that should be updated. Just my thought.

I think linehaul vacation pay is based like that:
Gross/52/45=Hourly PTO
Let's say
100000/52/45=42.73

City is whatever you make an hour. Midwest is 31.65.
I grossed 90000 last year.
90000/52/45=38.46

Just another example of OD family banging p&d drivers.
Using your formula I came to the amount of my vacation times 9 hours.

P&D drivers so underpaid for all the bs we have to do and places we have to go.

No wonder we can't hire experienced drivers and the only new drivers we have are the guys we train.

What's the point of doing p&d if you can make same money doing drop n hooks all day?

P&D drivers so underpaid for all the bs we have to do and places we have to go.

No wonder we can't hire experienced drivers and the only new drivers we have are the guys we train.

What's the point of doing p&d if you can make same money doing drop n hooks all day?
OMG, what the heck is wrong with drivers today? You get paid by the hour, your name isn't on the side of the truck, just take it one day at a time. Oh, and did I mention you get paid by the hour? Some account gives you crap just say "Sorry sir, I have no control over that".

OMG, what the heck is wrong with drivers today? You get paid by the hour, your name isn't on the side of the truck, just take it one day at a time. Oh, and did I mention you get paid by the hour? Some account gives you crap just say "Sorry sir, I have no control over that".
I have to laugh, I’d like to see these guy’s drive the junk, which was at the time good equipment that we drove back in the day. No A/C, no defrost, no air ride, no stereo, lucky if your seat was there, loud, rattled, my gosh these guy’s are babied now. I’m Old School.

I have to laugh, I’d like to see these guy’s drive the junk, which was at the time good equipment that we drove back in the day. No A/C, no defrost, no air ride, no stereo, lucky if your seat was there, loud, rattled, my gosh these guy’s are babied now. I’m Old School.
I'd like to see these guys drive around on dirt roads, metal tires, no traffic signals, wipers weren't even a thing, hijackers around every corner, you'd be lucky just to make it to your destination alive. I'm real old school........every generation gets better technology doesn't mean we can't complain about it

I'd like to see these guys drive around on dirt roads, metal tires, no traffic signals, wipers weren't even a thing, hijackers around every corner, you'd be lucky just to make it to your destination alive. I'm real old school........every generation gets better technology doesn't mean we can't complain about it
You can complain but don't expect those of us that were out here before cell phones to not roll our eyes. All the technology nowadays has made the new drivers soft. That's not meant to be a criticism but fact. We had it tougher and loved it because it's all we knew. Cell phones are the equivalent of muscle atrophy for drivers.

We actually had to drive back then. We didn't have adaptive cruise, lane departure, Google Maps, etc. We had to read a road atlas and actually trip plan. We had to wait for a pay phone to call home, dispatch or the shipper/receiver. We used the CB to communicate with other drivers alerting them of road hazards or just have a conversation. I miss the old days. I miss the brotherhood back then.

Wow, You guys are one tough bunch.
Can't imagine driving one of those things without an automatic transmission or XM radio.
I hear some have even driven a big rig off the interstate.
My hat's off to you old-schoolers.

Wow, You guys are one tough bunch.
Can't imagine driving one of those things without an automatic transmission or XM radio.
I hear some have even driven a big rig off the interstate.
My hat's off to you old-schoolers.
My meet driver refuses to get off the interstate to avoid an accident unless he's forced off by the police. He told me he's afraid of getting lost.