Old People Scare Me

He needs to be reported. The cops should arrest him, and cite him with DWO. Driving While Old.

I wonder if maybe he had also been drinking.

Either way, his driving privilege needs to be suspended, and his keys taken away.

Cantankerous one here,

Nice SHORT video.
Maybe the driver was not drinking anything alcoholic as MARIJUANA causes such vehicular activities and I KNOW from old experiences, when I was young.
Maybe the driver is from a country where left of right lane is driving lane, hence applying the BRAKES before oncoming traffic.
Maybe driver was still waking up and was rolling in late for work or something.
Maybe driver WAS NOT OLD.
Maybe you just class all goofy drivers as OLD when weird or experimental driving tactics are witnessed.

One example does not a case make. Now if the driver CAUSED A ACCIDENT, then there might well be evidence for such actions to become implemented.
What happened later (like with 3rd or 5th vehicle oncoming), video too short for conclusive evidence.

How OLD is OLD??
Older than yourself?
50+?
60+?
Blue Hair, Grey Hair, NO Hair??
cops, officers, troopers WEAVE on roads too as well SLOWING DANGEROUSLY to access medians on highways, maybe they as well should suffer what RacerX69 suggested.

Note the word "driver".
Maybe the driver was a female leaving her john and counting her charges, hence the weaving bits.
Maybe there's no discernible reason for such experimental driving.
Maybe I'm just a nutter who has fallen off me trolley, arisen and was a wee bit wobbly from too many things that MAY or not BE........end of line

CK, I don't know if I should urge you to seek help or try to figure out how we can hang out together sometime.

The early morning hour kind of discouraged me from thinking he was intoxicated, although that really doesn't rule it out. I was able to see him when I was trying to get slowed down and it was obvious he was old. My camera is decent but it doesn't capture all the detail my eyes can.

I don't base my opinion on elderly drivers on one video. I have other videos where elderly drivers cause problems. I also have years of experience as a paramedic responding to accidents involving and caused by elderly drivers who shouldn't have been driving.

I don't place an age on when someone should quit driving. My personal opinion is that once a person reaches the point where they can't safely drive at the posted speed limit, they should hang up the keys.

And my definition of elderly is anyone who is older than me. :)

And Mud, odd people don't scare me. I'm one of them.

i can say that what i just saw, is also indicative to someone who is texting while driving, or on the cell phone... supposed to be laws against that, but try and find a cop when you need one. and even if reported, by the time a cop comes along, the driver is probably off the highway and on the secondary roads.

so old, young, texting, drunk, stoned, medical conditions, whatever......we just need to avoid all that bull crap out there.

Fat girl videos are SO last year. Once I get to a wifi connection that doesn't block YouTube I DO have another old person video. This one is an elderly lady wandering onto US 65 in Missouri via the exit ramp. :)

A friend is a state trooper. I told him that he should see what I see on the road. He could get his monthly citation quota in the first few days of the month. I won't speculate on the condition of driver of that pickup but he/her should not be behind the wheel of a vehicle.

A friend is a state trooper. I told him that he should see what I see on the road. He could get his monthly citation quota in the first few days of the month. I won't speculate on the condition of driver of that pickup but he/her should not be behind the wheel of a vehicle.

It makes a guy wanna move to another Country. My step Dad was an Indiana Trooper. ..the stories He told...lol

Especially when they drive...

Looked like an old fella to me..lol.
I just ordered one of those dash cams, can't wait to hook it up. I got hit a couple weeks ago by a little old lady on I-95 and she just kept goin, like nothing happened, still swaying over into other lanes, just like that guy. Half her car tore up and oblivious to everything

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother always told me to let her know when she needed to stop driving. She decided to quit without me telling her. She had macular degeneration & realized her vision wasn't good enough to drive safely. I have friends & relatives whose parents shouldn't drive but still do.

My mother always told me to let her know when she needed to stop driving. She decided to quit without me telling her. She had macular degeneration & realized her vision wasn't good enough to drive safely. I have friends & relatives whose parents shouldn't drive but still do.

I have a lot of respect for your mother. That's not an easy decision to make on your own, essentially giving up a lot of your independence.