Old School Snow Removal

Made by Roper. Which ended up becoming Husqvarna.

Roper was a manufacturer of lawn and garden equiment in the US during the latter half of the 20th Century. Roper began building outdoor power equipment in 1966 when the George D. Roper Company purchased the former David Bradley manufacturing works from Sears. Roper continued to supply lawn equipment to Sears for the next thirty years. In 1989, Roper was purchased by General Electric (GE) and Roper outdoor unit was sold to AB Electrolux. Roper became part of their American Yard Products (AYP) division which included the Husqvarna brand. This division was later established as its own company using the Husqvarna name.
funny you mention Husqvarna.

i went to my Toro dealer just yesterday in fact, i had to buy 2 new primer rubber buttons, and 2 new primer bodies, (as back up, since one rubber primer button fell apart, after having the Toro now since 1996..>!!!) i also as recently as this past summer, replaced the primer rubber line, from the button, to the carb, on 2 of my (smaller 2 stroke) machines, the 3 rd machine, my big 521 Toro,(4 stroke) was a PITA, so i didn't replace that one.

well anyway, this Toro dealer (that i have been a customer of, since 1979), does NOT sell Husqvarna snow blowers..he said, I WILL NOT CARRY THOSE, and YOU DO NOT WANT ONE...what better advice from the dealer, that sells Husqvarna..?????

but he does sell other Husq. products.

he also sells Ariens, Honda, Toro..the Ariens is nearly the same exact color as the Husq.

i saw the Husq snow throwers at Lowe's and i liked the multi-directional chute it has....more places to aim and shoot that snow, over my older thrower.

but for the time being, i am hanging onto what i have, i plan on selling my home in a few years, maybe sooner, and where i go live.>??

maybe Arizona, New Mexico, someplace where SNOW, is a dirty 4 letter word.....

Snows in AZ and NM, so maybe Old Mexico, Central or South America or along the Equator.
CHEERS!!
It depends on the elevation where you live. I live in the Jemez Mountains of northern NM at 6500 feet.
IvWBUXG.jpg

Last edited:
MTD assembles a lot of mowers & mid-size tractors.
Before retiring,working P & D for UPS Freight I delivered a lot of trailer loads of crated riding lawnmower to dealers from MTD.
I can't remember all of the companies,but some were Cub Cadet,John Deere,Arians,Ford,& a few more.
MTD assembles those brands along with their own with the the paint & badging for each company.

I purchased a John Deere L-110 rider from the Home Dumpster about 15 years ago,other than replacing the battery once,& 3 tires.
Along with a few blades,its still working as it should,it has more than paid for its self.

I also have an electric start MTD snow blower,& a1990 Chevy 4x4 short box with a plow.
Living in western NY,we average 100 inches per season,although so far this winter I've only used the snow blower twice.

Its been pretty cold,but the weather folks are saying its going to be unseasonable warm for a few day.
Hey so far so good,however it ain't over,as we've had snowstorms in April in times past.

Any Blue Birds in the box?

Good eye! Moved it a couple years ago and haven't had any since. Gonna have to research height and direction and remount it. I see chipmunks going in there, sometimes they just stay in there and poke their head out the hole. I keep 3 feeders going year round, 2 for seed and a suet feeder for the woodpeckers, buy black oil sunflower seed by the 50lb bag.