ODFL | Old Trucks

Peaceofmind

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know what the average age is of the P&D trucks at your terminal? Reason I ask is; a recent post on Workday from management stated that we have one of the newest fleets in the industry. However, at my terminal the trucks are all old, some are 2012’s. Many are breaking down constantly. We have tow-ins regularly. I like where I work, but I’ll be honest, it’s gotten pretty demoralizing. It’s definitely brought down morale. Manager is chalking it all up to the supply chain, but I’m not convinced. Trying to get perspective from other locations. Thanks

compare what we have to say estes , i still see columbias which 06 or older , i see r&l with late 90s model internationals and of course yrc/yellow with original yellow tractors or roadway tractors which puts them at twenty years old

we are not an end of line and we have about half and half
Road drivers get the new ones. Then when they turn 4 years old the city guys wear them out the rest of the way. Then before they become our new end of line linehaul units, we all fist fight in the parking lot tournament style to see who gets to drive them in between check engine lights.

I think the way it was explained to me is it really goes by o.d. having an allotted amount of money they will spend for maintenance and repairs before they retire a linehaul unit from shared linehaul/city to city only, then they retire it completely (auction) after it hits another allotted amount of money for maintenance and repairs. If I understood it correctly.

Only now that will have to change , can't get as much new as they wanted so , will have to stretch the older farther for a few years

Definitely a gamble, may work in the short term but might cost you a lot in the long term LOL

Road drivers get the new ones. Then when they turn 4 years old the city guys wear them out the rest of the way. Then before they become our new end of line linehaul units, we all fist fight in the parking lot tournament style to see who gets to drive them in between check engine lights.
I wonder what BillyLo the All Time Mastio Champion drives? :poke:

This company turn to running some real junk these days while other carriers across the trucking industry aints got many issue gettin these truck in,,, just think this company on the start of the decline with all the big wigs we hiring from failing ltl carriers so they bringing their bad ideas.. any of you been to a Od shop over the past few years gonna know the difference

Driver I tellin u what..,,, I can’t even had a truck more then some week bc pos we got for equipment keep breaking down or throwing codes,,, our mechanics worse than jiffy lube and is gd pos trucks