Old Yellow Terminal on Sexton Rd, Mckees Rocks(Pittsburgh),PA

Wow, how dissapointing to see that!!! Looks like it needs alot of work to fix up. I could'nt tell looking through one of the dock doors but is fedex in the neighboring terminal ?

Fedex National I think was on Sexton road.... Central transport too. It has been awhile since I have been down in there. I remember it being tight to get into.

First, a photo credit would have been nice!

Yes, Fedex National WAS nextdoor. Now, that sits empty also.

Centeral is across the street from the old Fedex terminal.
The Yellow terminal has been sold but no info on who bought it. Seems to be Hush Hush.

When I can, I'll see if I can get some photos of the old terminal down on McCandless Street in Pittsburgh. That too is now empty.

The Yellow terminal has been sold but no info on who bought it. Seems to be Hush Hush.

When I can, I'll see if I can get some photos of the old terminal down on McCandless Street in Pittsburgh. That too is now empty.

If you have em just post them. I would much rather you just post them on your own and get your own credit...

Will do but was easier to e-mail them that time since they were taking with my phone.

You could have always said you wanted credit for them too.... I only watermark them so they are not stolen and claimed as their own

Thanks for a trip down memory lane... like I said it has been awhile since I have been down there in that area. By the way I am in Pittsburgh every night, the river has been up. Do you have any pictures of the flooding.... was hearing I-376 was under water.

You could have always said you wanted credit for them too.... I only watermark them so they are not stolen and claimed as their own

No problem, and thanks for the watermarks. That I like. I'll see what I can do about the other terminal and post them.

And once again, thank you for the site.

Thanks for a trip down memory lane... like I said it has been awhile since I have been down there in that area. By the way I am in Pittsburgh every night, the river has been up. Do you have any pictures of the flooding.... was hearing I-376 was under water.

Sorry, no pictures of the floods. The Parkway centeral was closed till last night. Traffic was bad, Pens game, St.Pats prade and the parties on the Southside. I just stayed up on the hill in my neighbor all weekend and enjoyed the view. Nice weekend to be out.

I'll bet at least one of those trailers at the dock is still 1/2 full of freight waiting to be 'cubed out' before being moved down the road. I worked the dock at Burnsville, Mn in '88-'89 when the young punk, fresh out of college dock supervisors didn't care how long a trailer sat at the dock (sometimes over a week), it had to be full to the roof front to back before the door came down. (So much for timely customer service ! ) Also I remember loading freight already on pallets was also a no-no, even the shipper's 4 ways. I was told to take everything off the pallets and put it on the floor of the trailers by these idiots running the dock. They told me "Yellow Freight is in the business of hauling freight, not lumber", so I removed shipper's shrink wrap or banding, put all freight on the floor and was told to throw all pallets in the dumpster and crush them (even the good oak 4 ways). When I told the supervisor this made no sense, I was written up. At shift's end, I was told to sign the write-up on me for the infraction, I refused and was wrote up again for insubordination. I went to work for another union co. a few days later and never looked back. I am now retired with 38 yrs. teamster service. I hope all those hard working union brothers manage to keep their jobs in spite of Yellow (YRC) and their stupid management style.

Wow! Just found this boneyard section , that's pretty cool looks like everyone had trailers backed up to the dock with "doors" cut into the sides to make extra float doors! Cheap way to expand your dock

I'll bet at least one of those trailers at the dock is still 1/2 full of freight waiting to be 'cubed out' before being moved down the road. I worked the dock at Burnsville, Mn in '88-'89 when the young punk, fresh out of college dock supervisors didn't care how long a trailer sat at the dock (sometimes over a week), it had to be full to the roof front to back before the door came down. (So much for timely customer service ! ) Also I remember loading freight already on pallets was also a no-no, even the shipper's 4 ways. I was told to take everything off the pallets and put it on the floor of the trailers by these idiots running the dock. They told me "Yellow Freight is in the business of hauling freight, not lumber", so I removed shipper's shrink wrap or banding, put all freight on the floor and was told to throw all pallets in the dumpster and crush them (even the good oak 4 ways). When I told the supervisor this made no sense, I was written up. At shift's end, I was told to sign the write-up on me for the infraction, I refused and was wrote up again for insubordination. I went to work for another union co. a few days later and never looked back. I am now retired with 38 yrs. teamster service. I hope all those hard working union brothers manage to keep their jobs in spite of Yellow (YRC) and their stupid management style.
worked at 121 and the 80 s really had the frat boys working for yellow! we would hold pups at the dock for a week--load high and tight for phx and lax-abq.. yellow did have great service to the coast before the know it alls got hired. I ran into a supervisor after I retired -- he acted like we were best friends till he put his hand out for a shake--hard to shake a fist--lol

Wow, how dissapointing to see that!!! Looks like it needs alot of work to fix up. I could'nt tell looking through one of the dock doors but is fedex in the neighboring terminal ?
buffalo line haul always complained about yard there,pretty rough to hook sets when dark on weekends. now I can see why