Estes | on call Sunday

when i was there they used to let you get someone to cover your call if you wished and just let them know by fri eve...is this policy still in effect or did they do away with it? i had a guy at 29 that would take all my call sundays i never had to work one i didn't want to..

when i was there they used to let you get someone to cover your call if you wished and just let them know by fri eve...is this policy still in effect or did they do away with it? i had a guy at 29 that would take all my call sundays i never had to work one i didn't want to..

I used to do that alot to. Had a guy that had a real short run and he would take my sunday's almost everytime. As far as I know they still let you, I gave mine away last month to this same driver but I think it is a moot point now because this new M-F deal that is about to start will, as I understand it, cut on-call Sundays out all together. :1036316054:

Obviously some people did not find the humor and truth in my post. Its not agreeing to something that I am talking about. I gaurantee you that if you had a church function or a softball game you would not have to be on call. I personally would not sit around on my day off waiting for a phone call. If I had to you bet I would call them first thing and find out what I could about what they might need or not need me at all.

turned all I was saying was I would never call my dispatcher and ,as you put it, say "you got 2 min.to tell me something" I reckon you were just kidding.
I did get out of my Sunday a couple times over the years because I had a Church function, but a few times it was so busy that it did'nt matter what was going on I was going out period.

well when i hired on back in 97, they called and asked me if i wanted a job. i did not call them. they did not say anything about working on sunday. i went almost two years before they set me up no sunday call. as far as using your cell phone and doing your thing , the problem comes in as to what do you do? stay home ,waste your valuable day w/ your family. and when you call up that evening , they tell you stay home. or do you run around ,stay up all day , then when you call , they run you all over bumfreak egypt!!

did you change runs after 2yrs.? As far as I know out/back linehaul has always had to do the sunday a month(since '98 anyways that's when I started to) If you came off xtra or hub to linehaul fast turn after 2yrs. then that would explain it.

I know your frustration about wondering on those Sundays, I never liked that part either but I figger ya got take the good with the bad sometimes, no job is perfect, and since I've worked here it's been almost all good. Ask a team or a xtra guy if they would do a Sunday a month to get a schedule, most would say YES !

Last edited by thebeerboy; 11-18-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: no f words whatsoever

Last edited by thebeerboy; 11-19-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: no f words or thinking of f words please

Donut is a POTTY MOUTH!!!! Do you think Beerboy's ears are garbage cans????

This was my "on-call Sunday" and for the first time in years TM called and said stay home. Not surprised, been having trouble getting teams and xtra guys out on Sunday for a while.

On -Call Sundays are over. I was told by 1 of the dispatchers @ central and was told that this was the last time he would talk to us. So if that don't clear it up call Jim M. @ central dispatch. Very nice guy and he will answer your questions.

On -Call Sundays are over. I was told by 1 of the dispatchers @ central and was told that this was the last time he would talk to us. So if that don't clear it up call Jim Midkiff @ central dispatch. Very nice guy and he will answer your questions.

ya, I'm glad those on-calls are over. I know jim mid@central is ok. Talked with him in person and on the phone a few times over the years, good guy and gives a man a straight answer.

Last edited by thebeerboy; 11-18-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: no f words whatsoever

Last edited by thebeerboy; 11-19-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: no f words or thinking of f words please

Donut is a POTTY MOUTH!!!! Do you think Beerboy's ears are garbage cans????

I read a quote from a wise man once that stuck with me. "Cussing is a feeble mind that knows no other way to express itself aggressively"

Dont misunderstand me, back in "the day" I cussed liked a drunken sailor but with the help of the Lord, I'm doing much better. I especially cringe at the big G.D. bomb.

Yes I agree with you on the language Kings disciple,I also was a cusser myself back in the day till God showed me the error of my ways.

I find its very creative to use the words that are provided for us in our english language to express everything.

Resorting to cussing is a total lack of understanding of our language.
Its actually concidered ignorance on the part of the one using those terms,in my opinion.

I try and watch what I say. I'm doing better. I downloaded some books of the Bible on my mp3 player from sites like this one. The Book of Matthew in mp3 audio format It helps me think about why we are really here. I used to listen to music. After hearing the same songs over and over I found myself listening to the noise of the highway, which creats an idle mind. At least now I feel better about going to work because I'm learning something as I do my job. It's good to see so many christians in one company. It may be why were so strong. We had "0" lay-offs at my terminal by the way.

hey

I read a quote from a wise man once that stuck with me. "Cussing is a feeble mind that knows no other way to express itself aggressively"

Dont misunderstand me, back in "the day" I cussed liked a drunken sailor but with the help of the Lord, I'm doing much better. I especially cringe at the big G.D. bomb.

i resemble that mister :hysterical: i have a potty mouth and feeble mind

I try and watch what I say. I'm doing better. I downloaded some books of the Bible on my mp3 player from sites like this one. The Book of Matthew in mp3 audio format It helps me think about why we are really here. I used to listen to music. After hearing the same songs over and over I found myself listening to the noise of the highway, which creats an idle mind. At least now I feel better about going to work because I'm learning something as I do my job. It's good to see so many christians in one company. It may be why were so strong. We had "0" lay-offs at my terminal by the way.

Ya no lay-offs at my barn either thank God. Hey that Matthew 6:25-34 is very fitting for right now...Jesus speaking in 6:26-"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" Amen.

I do the same thing in the truck mildew, I have the whole Bible on CD or I listen to XM 170. Anything but sesame street channel on the CB.