ON Strike!!

Yup, we are on strike. The Union came on to the Auburn dock, and told us to clock out and join the line. That was close to 8PM. King5 News came out, so there will be a story on it. There is a handfull of people that crossed the line from Auburn, and I believe a line driver from the Everett terminal.

Stand strong, Brothers!

Heading out to join the line, taking a camera to photograph
the event, I want to see "Preparing for the worst" First hand.

Oh you will and the Teamters are gone from OakH Good bye evil teamster. Make way for something better than evil.

Good luck to my fellow brothers and sisters stand strong stay together and you will prevail.Greed is all over that company and espeacially in the vanderpuke family,we will never forget that.

I was curious, so I checked career builder and found a bunch of new ads for P/D, L/H drivers around the Auburn and Oly area. What do they have rolled up their sleeves now?

It would appear to me by reading all the press releases that OAKH is hiring replacement workers. A good way of doing that is to advertise (duh).

All the press releases I have found have indicated that they plan on continuing to operate. If you go to your web site they give even more details outlying a plan to bring in workers from other Terminals as well as outside workers.

I sure hope the Teamsters have thought this out. Last time I checked OAKH was dept free and over 50% unrepresented by a union, so it is not like they have been left without any options.

Who knows... maybe there are men and women out there concerned about just having a job, or find that Oak Harbor is a better fit for them then the job they currently have.

Or maybe just maybe there are employees that are still coming to work every day at the different Terminals that are just angry enough at the represented employees that abandoned their posts right in the middle of the most critical shift of a freight work week that they will step it up and make the necassary difference necassary to keep the company going.

It is easy to think about all the bad things that are at Oak Harbor. Maybe a little time can be spent reflecting on many of the positive things and many members of the union will have a change in heart.

It is sad to see all the posts from members of this forum that are glad there is a work stoppage. Not good for families that rely on that regular pay check. I would bet their are a lot of family members away from the picket lines that are very worried about their futures.

If the state legislature rules in favor of the Teamsters, Oak Harbor will not be able to hire replacements. This is afterall, more than just an economic strike, it is also an unfair labor practice strike.

Yeah, that would really be in everyones best interest.

Well, I am sure the Teamsters have this all figured out and they will prevail. For the sake of all the families that are effected, I hope you are right.

However it is worth noting that it will be interesting to see how much freight is actually left when it is all said and done with. OAKH's competitors are hungry for more business. I am certain they are having a field day gathering up business.

But the good news is the Union will always be there, right? I am sure they will make sure no one goes without!

"However it is worth noting that it will be interesting to see how much freight is actually left when it is all said and done with. OAKH's competitors are hungry for more business. I am certain they are having a field day gathering up business."

It has been said before, The same amount of freight will move, just Oak Harbor
will not be hauling it.

Also why only job posting for Drivers? you should have seen some of these people
the brought in to try to work the dock. Are our customers aware that their freight
is being handled by labor ready type workers, do they have to pass a background
check? Do either the temp employees (Driver or Dock)have to pass a drug test.

I'm sure they were quite a treat. Hope the dock wasn't too bright for their bloodshot eyes.

Someone would sure have some balls to walk into that place right now and place an app. and then expect their vehicle not to be messed with.

They plan on trying to replace you............stupid part on there side.You cant replace an ohfl driver and get the same results,it's going to fail and blow up in there face just watch the customer's walk away.

oh2ad1.jpg

ohlo1.jpg

oh1vv4.jpg

About 600 truckers for Northwest trucking line Oak Harbor Freight Lines Inc. — including 200 in Oregon — walked off the job Monday, saying the company has bullied and intimidated its members amid a contentious contract negotiation.......
Company officials on Tuesday denied the claims and said they were prepared to use replacement workers to ensure its customers are served.......
Truckers strike Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Teamsters Picket Auburn Freight Company

VIDEO