Yellow | One Year And Less Than One Year

Fsm7171

TB Lurker
Credits
What's the difference between the driving jobs with one year or more experience and the driving jobs with less than a year that they are hiring for?

YRC is still one of the best companies to start out with get a year or 2 experience then go to ABF or UPS Feeder.

Are they hiring in at top rate or do you have to go through a progression period?
I have looked at the 31 pages and I am not sure, the guys that are in progression now will all get bumped up to full rate (which is a huge raise for them) but I do not know about new hires after the contract is ratified (which I think it will). Maybe a BA or steward that was at the 2 man meeting can explain this? Sorry I can't answer better than that but I would hate to guess and mislead you! Good Luck!

I have looked at the 31 pages and I am not sure, the guys that are in progression now will all get bumped up to full rate (which is a huge raise for them) but I do not know about new hires after the contract is ratified (which I think it will). Maybe a BA or steward that was at the 2 man meeting can explain this? Sorry I can't answer better than that but I would hate to guess and mislead you! Good Luck!
What is the current linehaul mileage rate?

If the contract is ratified all new hires come in at the top pay scale. Current top mileage rate is .545. If ratified it goes up to .57
I thought that was for people already in progression? And wouldn't that be for regular full time employees? What if you are a casual hire? And don't they usually start you off as a casual on call?

I thought that was for people already in progression? And wouldn't that be for regular full time employees? What if you are a casual hire? And don't they usually start you off as a casual on call?
All new hires go to full rate if contract ratfies,new hire afterwards with 2 years experience also full rate school grads. have 2 year progression.

My bad. I was reading Article 3 (7)(b). Article 36 says: New hires 90%. 1 year 95%. 2 years 100%.
Being a driver my reading comprehension is sometimes sorely lacking.

All new hires go to full rate if contract ratfies,new hire afterwards with 2 years experience also full rate school grads. have 2 year progression.
Am I understanding correctly that the new 2 year progression is 80 percent for first year 90 percent second year and full rate the third year? I wonder how that effects the ten or twelve Holland terminals up north that have been starting guys out at full rate?

If they are at full rate now they will stay there, as I remember the contract specs minimum pay not maximum so if the company chooses to pay more they can.

If they are at full rate now they will stay there, as I remember the contract specs minimum pay not maximum so if the company chooses to pay more they can.

Unless some spiteful, jealous, crybaby "brothers" make a big stink about that and ruin it for those folks.