ABF | Operating ration 90.2% Second Quarter 2021

Wow a 90.2 O.R. I haven't seen that sense the late 80"s early 90's. Back then it was common to see O.R.'s in the low 90's, I recall once or twice seeing an O.R. in the high 80's.

I hope that in 6 month's I'm reading that your getting a 3% bonus, that will be a WIN-WIN
for everyone involved.

I have to agree with the steward, when they put this article in the contract, I thought it was
a waste of ink on paper. I must say I'm glad I was wrong on this one, cause didn't you get a bonus a year or two ago? Keep up the good work .
I thought the same thing. We will never see a bonus. I missed my guess.

All that bonus money and you couldn't spring for dentures for you cousin.....WOW...
We prefer the "Natural" look in these parts. After all, this is the "Natural" state. Besides, I could not afford dentures for her after paying for the glass eye for the other cousin. Even with my "Large Benefits Package" as mentioned on another forum, I just didn't have enough money to pay for both. LOL!!!

Last edited:
We prefer the "Natural" look in these parts. After all, this is the "Natural" state. Besides, I could not afford dentures for her after paying for the glass eye for the other cousin. Even with my "Large Benefits Package" as mentioned on another forum, I just didn't have enough money to pay for both. LOL!!!
So is it true then, what they say about the JB Hunt driver sitting along the road?

I drove by an electronic bill board that said a company was paying a $15,000 hiring bonus. Now when ever I drive by the sign it is lit up with a different Advertisement. I think the company was McLane but not sure.
With all of the $5,000 to $10,000 bonuses out there they really need this to be a retention bonus of more than 3%......

I drove by an electronic bill board that said a company was paying a $15,000 hiring bonus. Now when ever I drive by the sign it is lit up with a different Advertisement. I think the company was McLane but not sure.
With all of the $5,000 to $10,000 bonuses out there they really need this to be a retention bonus of more than 3%......
When Dean Foods filed for bankruptcy, the dairy close by, offered the drivers a couple of grand( I don't remember the exact amounts) to agree to stay. You could sign for a one or two year agreement.