FEDEX FREIGHT Other News

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by SwampRatt, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer They Call Me CF, Eh

TFI International to shutter Highland Transport

https://www.trucknews.com/business-...nal-to-shutter-highland-transport/1003091487/

Now I can actually talk about what a bummer this is. I got the news just a couple of days ago and I still don't know what I'm going to do. But now that it's in the news I sure as hell can't go back to work because there won't be any freight to move.

I actually liked working here, damn it...

2. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

Bummer for sure CF, hope all works out for the best.

3. White

White Straight’nin the curves, flat’nin the hills

At least it’s golf season? Good luck man.

4. SwampRatt

SwampRatt Well-Known Member

Dang Man, hate to hear it.

Hope the next transition goes smooth. I'd bet you have a list of satisfactory options.

Wish you the very best.

5. SwampRatt

Follow up on previous story:

Driver terminated for delayed text offered his job back

https://www.fleetowner.com/driver-m...m=email&elq2=4e8e34db785342ffb57d71c56b0520a4

"Glen Kraft, a truck driver terminated for texting a message to his boss while in motion has been reinstated by Nestlé along with back pay after a company investigation that sided with the driver."

"Kraft said that he will not return to Nestlé. During the appeals process with Nestlé, he took a job with his previous carrier, Black Horse Carriers, and plans to keep that job."

00mustang and joes bar and grill like this.
  6. SwampRatt

Amazon shoulders its way into truckload brokerage space

https://www.ccjdigital.com/amazon-s...a3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-4

"...in gobbling up that capacity, says Krieg, Amazon intends to squeeze its retail competitors by making it harder for them to find the capacity they need to deliver products to stores and to consumers during those peak periods."

“But they have to keep those trucks running” during non-peak seasons by “auctioning off that capacity when they don’t need it. They’re selling off capacity they’ve already bought.”

7. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Chauffeur for AOC

Driver Since:
    So if am I reading this correctly, they want to hold owners, and small carriers hostage by offering to keep them busy when they need them at peak times, and at other times auction them off to small business who don’t move the large amount of freight that Amazon does. Sad part is, many truckload outfits will go for this as freight levels are flat right now, and they will see it as a steady revenue, even though it won’t pay what it did 1-2 years past.

8. SwampRatt

China investigates FedEx in trade war provocation
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/3468426-china-investigates-fedex-trade-war-provocation?dr=1#email_link

China Investigates FedEx for Huawei Cargo Error
    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/06/01/world/asia/ap-as-china-fedex.html

"Four packages containing paperwork sent out by Huawei were found to have been diverted to FedEx headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee, instead of being delivered to Huawei offices in Asia."

9. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

Some OOs have always been notorious for, "I'll haul it for price of fuel to get me back home"
    Another reason you will always see cheap rates.

10. BIG R GUY

Driver Since:
    There are some that are always on their way home, no matter which direction they are headed..

silent trucker and seabreeze like this.
  11. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer They Call Me CF, Eh

Anyone who abides by that is a fool.

00mustang likes this.
  12. truckingBORED

truckingBORED Careering down the road to AUTONOMY!

No Cheap Freight!

13. SwampRatt

14. SwampRatt

Paccar recalls over 4,000 Kenworth, Peterbilt trucks over mirror issue

https://www.ccjdigital.com/paccar-r...a3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-2

"The recall from Paccar includes approximately 4,051 model year 2020 Peterbilt 520 and 579 and Kenworth T680, T880 and W990 tractors.

In the affected trucks, the mirror glass may detach from the mirror carrier plate due to a lack of adhesion."

15. SwampRatt

16. SwampRatt

Indicators: Spot market’s spring swing missing in action, ‘Trucking Conditions’ remain negative

https://www.ccjdigital.com/indicators-spot-markets-spring-swing-missing-in-action-trucking-conditions-remain-negative/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=06-12-2019&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-top-story

The result of companies NOT continuing to share the windfall (Trump) tax cuts? Certainly a (small) piece of the puzzle, IMHO. One and done, is just that, and short sighted. The value of employee/consumer enthusiasm cannot be underestimated. Again, IMHO.

The bigger drag on the economy would the constant turmoil and resistance by politicians, seeking to prevent prosperity/security/unity, for their own personal gain.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  17. BIG R GUY

Driver Since:
    Just a coincidence? Or why Amazon decided to jump into the logistics business when truckload carriers, and O/O’s are looking to stay busy, with the current flat volumes?

18. SwampRatt

00mustang and joes bar and grill like this.
  19. SwampRatt

20. SwampRatt