FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVEN accidents that may deemed as NON preventable/Non chargeable,as well as warning tickets go down as full weight on the drivers record

EVEN accidents that may deemed as NON preventable/Non chargeable,as well as warning tickets go down as full weight on the drivers record
Here's one I'm not absolutely sure about: Do CSA points get added from events (namely tickets) in your personal vehicle? I know the infractions do go on your CDL in the form of points, but I don't think personal vehicle events count toward CSA points. Anyone know for sure?

Seems to me, the entire intent of the program (Compliance, Safety, Accountability), would make noncommercial events invalid as an indicator. "Indicators of future risk" is the whole basis for the program.

Here's one I'm not absolutely sure about: Do CSA points get added from events (namely tickets) in your personal vehicle? I know the infractions do go on your CDL in the form of points, but I don't think personal vehicle events count toward CSA points. Anyone
I was always told the only way points go on your CSA is if they perform any kind of inspection in the semi. Personal vehicle stuff does not go on your CSA. If I'm wrong someone will correct me soon enough.

FMCSA Offers App for Truck Safety Information

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/base...utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter

"American Trucking Associations took umbrage with the announcement, calling it “recklessness cloaking itself as transparency.”

“It is wholly inappropriate for FMCSA to encourage and facilitate public access and use,” said ATA spokesman Sean McNally. "The agency should immediately pull this tool from the marketplace."

Tighter medical regulations adding to driver shortage
Sleep apnea fears compounding already growing issue.

http://www.businessexaminer.com/March-2015/Tighter-medical-regulations-adding-to-driver-shortage/

"“Now what’s happening is, if a doctor goes in, gives you a physical and says you meet these five requirements as a high risk for sleep apnea, you’re going to have to have a test,” he explained. “And if that test finds that you have sleep apnea, you’re going to have to wear and use a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine while you sleep at night. And there’s a little card that you’ll have to download information from so they can verify that you’re using it."

Tighter medical regulations adding to driver shortage
Sleep apnea fears compounding already growing issue.

http://www.businessexaminer.com/March-2015/Tighter-medical-regulations-adding-to-driver-shortage/

"“Now what’s happening is, if a doctor goes in, gives you a physical and says you meet these five requirements as a high risk for sleep apnea, you’re going to have to have a test,” he explained. “And if that test finds that you have sleep apnea, you’re going to have to wear and use a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine while you sleep at night. And there’s a little card that you’ll have to download information from so they can verify that you’re using it."
Some machines are more sophisticated than that, mine included. They can download your information,through the equipment provider by request of the Dr who prescribed your equipment through wi-fi. I was told by the tech who came to the house to set it all up that they can, at anytime pull your info/compliance readings when they feel need. Just out of the thin air (pun intended) and they have their readings. There is also a back up SanDisk that records ,can be requested and used as a "manual" backup if needed. Not worried about it, Big Brother is everywhere nowadays but it has made me think about wearing "jammies" to bed incase this thing starts really recording my activities...also wearing oven mitts.

Not a big deal to stay compliant. Just use it, get used to it and about a week prior to your D.O.T physical request a download. They usually go back 30 days (but this thing records forever) and the printout goes to the medical hobby shop for the Doc to examine. Never had a problem. I even have a RealTree camo head harness to make it more intimidating to the Sandman. Beware though, constant and incredible dreams of being a fighter pilot can be overwhelming .

Status
Not open for further replies.