FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Automated Transmissions Shift Into High Gear
Manual No Longer Reigns Supreme in Class 8 Trucks Among Fleets, Drivers

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/automated-transmissions-shift-high-gear

"Because of AMTs’ market success, Eaton Cummins and Volvo don’t anticipate greater expansion into torque converter automatics. Likewise, NFI and Ozark are satisfied with the performance of their AMT, and don’t expect to switch to automatics.

Volvo does, however, anticipate the day is approaching when the company won’t manufacture manual transmissions anymore, Murickan said.

“I think this is about the last time we’ll be talking about manuals versus AMTs,” said NACFE’s Roeth, who added that “talk of AMTs versus automatics will continue.”"
In some cases, I believe many companies are going automatic because of the inability of the “new generation “ drivers, not able to comprehend, nor learn how to shift a manuel....

Ok quick question for you say your in a place that gets robbed or a place that a mass shooting takes place do you want to be armed or not? / end of discussion.
I take it this is your hypothetical question you want me to answer?

No comments on who else is there? How many people on scene? Does the person with the gun have body armor on? Do they have a fully loaded AR15? Etc etc etc. This is why hypotheticals are pointless.

I will tell you right now if folks are saying they would run towards gun fire I have a very hard time believing them. Heck the cop in Parkland ran away! He is a trained officer...but civilians! But civilians will stop them!! Myth sold to you.

I know of absolutely no one with a CCW that says they’ll go running toward gunfire. Almost all CCW trainers teach run and hide, and if absolutely necessary then fight. This applies whether you have a firearm or not.

Listen I’m not anti gun. I just want you folks to open your eyes about this stuff.

No comments on who else is there? How many people on scene? Does the person with the gun have body armor on? Do they have a fully loaded AR15? Etc etc etc. This is why hypotheticals are pointless.

I will tell you right now if folks are saying they would run towards gun fire I have a very hard time believing them. Heck the cop in Parkland ran away! He is a trained officer...but civilians! But civilians will stop them!! Myth sold to you.

I know of absolutely no one with a CCW that says they’ll go running toward gunfire. Almost all CCW trainers teach run and hide, and if absolutely necessary then fight. This applies whether you have a firearm or not.

Listen I’m not anti gun. I just want you folks to open your eyes about this stuff.

I'm going out on a limb and say your a manager at what ever company you work for? You danced around that question like a professional. It is a yes or no? Want to try to answer it again? I will answer my question, hell yes I would want a gun to defend myself or other people if I was in a place a gun crime was going down.

You claim to not be anti gun, and yet you spout the liberal Democrat mantra. Wake up and realize that there are many times when people need to protect themselves. Three kinds of people in this world. Wolves, Sheepdogs, and Sheep. I believe you fall into group number 3.

If I’m not mistaken, in the original link I posted the patron who was carrying concealed and got robbed at gun point didn’t “run towards the gunfire”...it was only after being robbed an he “perceived a lethal threat” did he initiate the gunfire!!

If you choose not to carry, it’s still a free country (for now) and that’s your choice...but should you find yourself in the same situation as this patron (because it can happen anywhere to anyone), then God speed my friend...and I hope for you and your family’s sake the store clerk is packing!!

Anaheim. CA. (CNN)
Big Dave says he will have his Slaw Be Jo from Capriotti’s today around 2:00 PST. It was not immediately clear if he would order a large slurpee with it.

Here’s a hypothetical. Person walks in to rob a convenience store, 3 out of 5 customers are legally packing; how many shots you think get fired? My $ is on none.

Not how this works, bud.

I said “a good guy with a gun” incident rarely exist aka a myth. You guys are telling me it is happening all over the country. I cannot prove a negative.

The burden of proof is on you guys. It would be like you telling me Bigfoot exists and I am telling you Bigfoot is a myth. It is your job to prove it.

Actually George, YOU asked the following question:

If it happens enough, but goes unreported, how do you know it happens?

We replied. In fact, Red's original link showed an example of local coverage. We could all provide local stories that never make it to the agenda driven national news. Not gonna waste too much time on endless research, only to be discounted as NRA stats representing gun manufacturers, speaking of (shallow) myths.

You admitted the violent crime drop. Can you also admit that issuance of CWP permits skyrocketed during that same time? Another coincidence?

If you look at the huge variety of stats. Eliminate the outliers, figure the mean average, then extrapolate that number, you'll get close to the true number. A number that disproves your term myth.

Now, will you deflect into more areas of nonsense like this gem?
No mention of education level, poverty level, access to heath care??? Why not?

Education, poverty, access to HEALTHCARE??? Really George? Indoctrinated much? WOW...

Actually George, YOU asked the following question:

We replied. In fact, Red's original link showed an example of local coverage. We could all provide local stories that never make it to the agenda driven national news. Not gonna waste too much time on endless research, only to be discounted as NRA stats representing gun manufacturers, speaking of (shallow) myths.

You admitted the violent crime drop. Can you also admit that issuance of CWP permits skyrocketed during that same time? Another coincidence?

If you look at the huge variety of stats. Eliminate the outliers, figure the mean average, then extrapolate that number, you'll get close to the true number. A number that disproves your term myth.

Now, will you deflect into more areas of nonsense like this gem?

Education, poverty, access to HEALTHCARE??? Really George? Indoctrinated much? WOW...

Soo...you still don’t have any substantial evidence linking a good guy with a gun is preventing crime on a mass scale? Just or two stories and some anecdotal stories?

Do you honestly believe that education, access to health care, and poverty have no influence on crime? A good guy with a gun would stop it though!! Nice logic. We need to shift our focus people.

Your graph had El Salvador and Honduras as BAD countries!!

El Salvador is ranked 49th worst country for poverty. Ranked 114th worst in education.

Honduras is ranked 65th worst in poverty and 166th worst in education. Out of 175 countries! Geez, I wonder why these people want to flee.

Your graph shows Finland and Sweden as good countries!!! Let’s take a look:

Finland and Switzerland are in the top 20 with least amount of poverty. Finland is second best country with education. Second best in the world! Sweden is 15th best in education.

Should we even talk about healthcare??? Remember Finland and Sweden have least amount of poverty and they are the top educated countries...which happen to have socialized health care as well.

Your lovely graph some how skipped over these important facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.