FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roadmaster CEO: Fleet shutdowns 'cleanse' the trucking industry

https://www.fleetowner.com/fleet-ma...59ddec5641c592a6321b8ca99725&utm_source=27709

"Rumblings about the industry facing a downturn going forward are a little overblown to Wilbur.

“2019 would feel a lot better if it wasn’t for 2018,” he said. “2018 was such a barn burner of a year for the entire industry, and everybody has short memories. But if you could theoretically remove 2018 and stack 2019 up against 2017, ‘16, ’15 and ’14, it looks pretty good. So I would start from that perspective."

This guy's got the right perspective, I think. :1036316054:

"We can pay more than the average because of what we do, but we require a lot more credentialed drivers than general carriers, so they deserve to get more. But it’s not how much I pay them, it’s how I pay them that’s the big difference maker.”
Interesting article,and yes,I think he is saying more credentialed drivers,meaning clean mvr,hazmat experience,can think on their feet. I wish he would expanded on his pay and benefit package too...

Working FedEx ground blows. Contractors don't supply the tools to get the job done and nobody cares. Everybody thinks that those guys are FedEx employees making a bunch of money. That guy is struggling with that heavy ass box, no hand truck and no help. That lady night be a little more understanding if she knew that guy was going through that multiple times a day for 6-700 a week gross. Instead, she's mad FedEx hasn't commented and she wants an apology. FedEx hasn't commented because that guy doesn't work for FedEx and there isn't much they can do about it.

Working FedEx ground blows. Contractors don't supply the tools to get the job done and nobody cares. Everybody thinks that those guys are FedEx employees making a bunch of money. That guy is struggling with that heavy ass box, no hand truck and no help. That lady night be a little more understanding if she knew that guy was going through that multiple times a day for 6-700 a week gross. Instead, she's mad FedEx hasn't commented and she wants an apology. FedEx hasn't commented because that guy doesn't work for FedEx and there isn't much they can do about it.

I thought ground had a 75 lb limit on packages.

Sell-off of Celadon assets could create ‘additional supply in a market that’s already over-saturated’

https://www.ccjdigital.com/celadon-used-trucks-bankruptcy/

"This year already hasn’t been kind to used truck prices. Through the first 10 months of 2019, 4- to 6-year-old trucks were bringing 10.7% less money than the same period of 2018..."
I would say that equipment will go very cheap at auction. Especially with lower demand for truckload.

Status
Not open for further replies.