FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
Anyone have any "other news", that might be of interest?

Here's one, this guy deserves HUGE credit for winning not once, but twice. Great personal victory for him.

Fedex’s McLean Repeats as TMC SuperTech Champion

ORLANDO, Fla. — Mark McLean Jr. of FedEx Freight was crowned TMC SuperTech grand champion for the second straight year, helping FedEx sweep the top three spots.

This just in:

Finalists for America's Road Team Captains announced
GetNewsPhoto.ashx

America’s Road Team, a group of professional truck drivers with superior safety records, was created in 1986 to represent the trucking industry and has been sponsored by Volvo Trucks since 2002.

The Trucker News Services

1/12/2015

See the names here: http://www.thetrucker.com/News/Stories/2015/1/12/FinalistsforAmericasRoadTeamCaptainsannounced.aspx

I see 3 FXFE guys listed... :1036316054:
Wonder why so few?

Its made by Rand McNally... probably works most of the time, Fedex wont ever allow it based on its projected performance expectations.

In POS, they have an adjustable arm that the drivers drive under before heading toward the gate. The arm scrapes most of the ice/snow from the top of trailers as they drive through.
This is understandable considering the amount of snow they receive on a yearly basis.

Interesting, and at some cost.

I wonder what will the driver, off in BF Egypt do, when he hooks to a tlr in a drop yard somewhere, or the OTR guy, that wakes up from a 10hr break to a covered unit?

My vision of the poor guy on top of the trailer via a ladder, with a broom and/or shovel doesn't sound safe.

It was already there when AF leased/purchased the property.

I wonder what will the driver, off in BF Egypt do, when he hooks to a tlr in a drop yard somewhere, or the OTR guy, that wakes up from a 10hr break to a covered unit?

My vision of the poor guy on top of the trailer via a ladder, with a broom and/or shovel doesn't sound safe.
Think I'd rather pay the $75!!
I'm not afraid of heights, just afraid of falling from heights!!

The switchers usually get tasked with the job of cleaning off the trailers. You wouldn't want to scrape the roof down of a set because the amount of snow from the first pup falls down onto the dolly and there goes your air lines if there is enough wet heavy snow. That has been witnessed as a preventable. When I ran the Northeast, we had a nice 13'8" city bridge underpass right outside the center, next road over leading out of the industrial park. Did the job just fine.

Reporting to you live from BF Canada. Only center we have that has a scraper is WTO, and it looks so rusty I don't think Reimer was using it before they moved out. It's surrounded by trailers these days.

My yard wasn't even paved before FedEx showed up. Snow scraper? We can't even find someone capable of properly shoveling and plowing the yard. And I'm not grabbing a ladder...my snow brush isn't that long!

Status
Not open for further replies.