TForce | Our diads are not GPS capable

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
Our diads do not have the ability to track you with gps, do not believe that, it is not true, the diads use cellular triangulation which is different and nowhere as accurate in rural areas our Diads can be up to 500 meters off in the best of circumstances where there are multiple cell phone towers within a quarter mile 5 meters is the best it can do.

Five meters are close enough, thats like less than twenty feet..
Management can and will use these things against you, and NO, they dont care what the contract says!
P.S.
Have you noticed that the diad has both a speaker and microphone both on them?

I've seen the tracking printout for one of my co-workers and almost to the foot it tracked him with updates every 30 seconds. Close enough to get you in trouble. Don't take the chance...keep it honest and we'll keep our jobs. God Bless.

Triangulation is a form of GPS.
They claim ours was turned on a month ago and we have lost 2 drivers from it.

I've seen the tool before its not in real time but its updated from the previous day activites. Each measurement it takes list speed and gps signal strength.

You can not be disciplined based on information gathered from electronic monitoring devices (unless it is detrimental to the company). If you think your TM doesn't care what the contract says, then SLOW DOWN and work UNION SPEED. My god people we are brothers in this union and we have power if we would stand together. Are you going to let a TM tell you how to drive your truck. Last time I checked we are the professional drivers, and we are responsible for the truck and everything on it when we leave the yard. So if you are going to let some **** ant TM ignore the contract, then SHUT HIM DOWN. If you don't, then you get what you deserve. UNITY AND KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

You can not be disciplined based on information gathered from electronic monitoring devices (unless it is detrimental to the company). If you think your TM doesn't care what the contract says, then SLOW DOWN and work UNION SPEED. My god people we are brothers in this union and we have power if we would stand together. Are you going to let a TM tell you how to drive your truck. Last time I checked we are the professional drivers, and we are responsible for the truck and everything on it when we leave the yard. So if you are going to let some **** ant TM ignore the contract, then SHUT HIM DOWN. If you don't, then you get what you deserve. UNITY AND KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

....:clap:

I know, they showed me a printout from myself. They showed where I took my breaks with a picture and everything of the field I took my break. They asked a couple of questions, seemed happy with my answers and the steward and I left the office.

I'm pretty sure if your production was below average you would be asked if there are any issues first. (Obviously your Steward would be with you)

However:
If your DIAD inputs are not matching the GPS coordinates and vice versa that would send red flags. They will be matched against all the time stamps and a possible "observation" will be determined.
  • How come he/she is "Arrived" at a customer but is travelling to another destination.
  • How come he/she is "Waiting on Door" but is travelling to another destination.
  • How come he/she is "Enroute" but is not moving.
We all forget to keep up with our DIADS from time to time and they know that.
We all have DIADS that freak-out and they know that.
But when you raise red flags every single day, you put the microscope on yourself...there must be a problem.

Obviously that could prove you are being dishonest, possibly stealing time which is "Detrimental" in both UPS and the Teamsters eye.

If warranted, the Corporate Security G-man would be out observing you and gathering "damning" intel, that will support what the DIAD/GPS has recorded.

• How do you react when your TM calls one or more of your stops and they say you already left awhile ago, yet your DIAD and GPS is not matching?
  • How do you react when the G-man has recorded you going into stores when you are supposed to be "arrived" at a customer?
  • How do you react when you are recorded sleeping in your truck past your allotted break time or lunch period yet it is not inputted in the DIAD?

I hate to see a brother lose their job but I'm all for fair terminations, I hate it when a down right blatant time stealing slacker comes back and is still doing the same thing he got terminated for.
Even a slacker can work good, they just need to stop their bad habits.
If your honest than you have nothing to worry about.
This technology will kill the slackers if UPS can make what our contract says and what they claim is "Dishonesty" stick.

I'm pretty sure if your production was below average you would be asked if there are any issues first. (Obviously your Steward would be with you)

However:
If your DIAD inputs are not matching the GPS coordinates and vice versa that would send red flags. They will be matched against all the time stamps and a possible "observation" will be determined.
  • How come he/she is "Arrived" at a customer but is travelling to another destination.
  • How come he/she is "Waiting on Door" but is travelling to another destination.
  • How come he/she is "Enroute" but is not moving.
We all forget to keep up with our DIADS from time to time and they know that.
We all have DIADS that freak-out and they know that.
But when you raise red flags every single day, you put the microscope on yourself...there must be a problem.

Obviously that could prove you are being dishonest, possibly stealing time which is "Detrimental" in both UPS and the Teamsters eye.

If warranted, the Corporate Security G-man would be out observing you and gathering "damning" intel, that will support what the DIAD/GPS has recorded.

• How do you react when your TM calls one or more of your stops and they say you already left awhile ago, yet your DIAD and GPS is not matching?
  • How do you react when the G-man has recorded you going into stores when you are supposed to be "arrived" at a customer?
  • How do you react when you are recorded sleeping in your truck past your allotted break time or lunch period yet it is not inputted in the DIAD?

I hate to see a brother lose their job but I'm all for fair terminations, I hate it when a down right blatant time stealing slacker comes back and is still doing the same thing he got terminated for.
Even a slacker can work good, they just need to stop their bad habits.
If your honest than you have nothing to worry about.
This technology will kill the slackers if UPS can make what our contract says and what they claim is "Dishonesty" stick.

Is it stealing time when you are pulled over looking for a street on a map, or trying to call a residential del, or trying to resolve a bad address because of a billing error, get my point. Again, we drive the trucks. Use a little common sense thought. Remember FAIR DAYS WORK FOR A FAIR DAYS PAY. And no sleeping on the job is not fair.

Is it stealing time when you are pulled over looking for a street on a map, or trying to call a residential del, or trying to resolve a bad address because of a billing error, get my point. Again, we drive the trucks. Use a little common sense thought. Remember FAIR DAYS WORK FOR A FAIR DAYS PAY. And no sleeping on the job is not fair.

I don't think it is but you would probably be asked about it if it became an issue.
I always send them a DIAD message when something like that crops up, some drivers will write it in some kind of personal document log they keep.
This is a CYA world.

Well aside from sleeping while not on allotted break times. (Not sure how you meant that) I think the company understands or they should understand atleast, that things happen. Besides, if your pulled over for a 5 min. for any examples you've givin, I don't think that would be an issue. Again, if questioned WITH STEWARD present, there shouldn't be a problem.

I have spent alot of time pulled over lately checking the GPS on my phone due to the fact that I bidded of my old route and now doing all sorts of odd work all over the area we cover at our barn, and I am not in the least worried about being questioned about it cuz I feel I'm still doing my job by finding my way to a destination. If I am questioned, like I said before, I would have a steward present to explain to my "**** ant" Tm I WAS in fact doing my job....

Last edited by a moderator:
Even without GPS they can figure out where everybody is according to the route setups.
They can show you where you took your break with Google earth.

Like a few have already posted,do your job and you won't have any worries.
The slackers are the ones who get in trouble with these electronic devices watching their production.