FedEx Freight | out of a job

xhubdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
nice working with all of you,best of luck to everyone on boths sides. im going to bottom of board ,maybe even on extra board .(national driver) and you known that in the winter months freight is always slow.

nice working with all of you,best of luck to everyone on boths sides. im going to bottom of board ,maybe even on extra board .(national driver) and you known that in the winter months freight is always slow.
what part of the country u from

Well, we were told this morning if you didn't have a hire date of 1995 you probably didn't have a chance. Here in Charlotte FXF says they are gonna take 37 linehaul drivers, thats not to many out of 101. So with that said, I got a house for sale and a car and a pickup. Oh yea, I'll also send the wife home to momma. Then I think I'll hop on the bike and go nomad. But HELL YEA life is good, you know, when life hands you lemons make lemonade! Or some crap like that. You all have a wonderful day.

Well, we were told this morning if you didn't have a hire date of 1995 you probably didn't have a chance. Here in Charlotte FXF says they are gonna take 37 linehaul drivers, thats not to many out of 101. So with that said, I got a house for sale and a car and a pickup. Oh yea, I'll also send the wife home to momma. Then I think I'll hop on the bike and go nomad. But HELL YEA life is good, you know, when life hands you lemons make lemonade! Or some crap like that. You all have a wonderful day.
That's hard to believe Chigger. Clt just put 19 guys on the road this year. their TM told them 37-50 guys coming

:(
That's hard to believe Chigger. Clt just put 19 guys on the road this year. their TM told them 37-50 guys coming

Only 37 drivers are getting to transfer into Charlotte. We aren't getting a merge just screwed. They are going to have a lot of pissed off drivers when all is said and done. I for one am so far down it doesn't matter but I hope that everyone keeps their cool because this has ugly written all over it. Ya'll have a good day, I'm going to stick my lip out some more.:(

I'm sure they'll (freight) will do anything they can to keep natl guys out. Probably low ball # of runs then when dust has settled ad a bunch to get their guys back on linehaul

:(

Only 37 drivers are getting to transfer into Charlotte. We aren't getting a merge just screwed. They are going to have a lot of pissed off drivers when all is said and done. I for one am so far down it doesn't matter but I hope that everyone keeps their cool because this has ugly written all over it. Ya'll have a good day, I'm going to stick my lip out some more.:(

I heard the #1 driver in CLT will now be the #31 driver in CLT, is that true?

came to NC in Jan 95 some road drivers transferred in I think

ive been at dec as a p&d driver for 10 and half yrs and went to linehaul back in may. i was number one on city and now im the bottom of all. i know im gone as of jan 30. all we have had is nothing but damn lies from fedex ever since they bought out watkins. that was the biggest mistake that could have evr took place. we at dec have been saying ever since the buy out that fedex would combine all of us but mgrs and all above them kept saying no they never will. we even got told if we keep saying this that we would start getting wrote up. well looks like they dont know ::shit:: and the drivers do. over all the only reason fedex even wanted to buy watkins is so they could get into canada like watkins was with ltl. now they have it and now just like all of knew it would be they are saying the hell with yall cause yall are just a number and who cares about yall. i wish all of yall who will lose your jobs the best of luck. hope all works out great for yall.

I am truly sorry for the misery this company is putting every one of you through......I have a good friend at national in my area who will be out of a job when the smoke clears I heard from scm this morning...this news floored me....this man was a rock when I lost my dad 2 years ago...why cant this bunch just once practice what they preach and TRY to take care of our people.....somehow.

some of those national drivers should transfer to hickory,nc. I hear they have some pretty long runs too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am truly sorry for the misery this company is putting every one of you through......I have a good friend at national in my area who will be out of a job when the smoke clears I heard from scm this morning...this news floored me....this man was a rock when I lost my dad 2 years ago...why cant this bunch just once practice what they preach and TRY to take care of our people.....somehow.

Fedex has never pushed, (take care of our people) hooty. If you remember, that was Sheridan that always said that in meetings. Sheridan was there for his people. Fedex is a corporation, and could care less for the people. the way Fedex thinks, there is somebody waiting for your job!!! Sucks, but true.:sadwavey:

only two line drivers out of 32 made the cut here in elk grove. Myself i saw this coming and bought a truck at the dallas truck show and will movin to the southeast and go truckin LOL

Here in Jersey we were told this am that the drivers from National that were transferring in would supersede the current freight drivers. They will dovetail in based on seniority but they will all be given positions. They told us the bottom 15 on the list of freight city drivers would have to transfer to hub in Newark. The kicker is that it is a take it or goodbye deal. The freight driver's do not have any of the options that the FXNL drivers have. ie layoff, buyout etc. This deal is not going to be as smooth as the brass thinks it will be.