Holland | Outside Carriers

You don't! You force the company to take action to solve the problem! Lose customers or make it more attractive to new employees! It worked for many years it should work now.
Its not working that way any more , just look at the freight sitting ...................

Good! Eventually they have to do something unless you let them off the hook!
Good? What the hell is wrong with you? Let’s hold the freight hostage until your demands are met. Let the customers go somewhere else and I hope you volunteer for the lay-off first because there’s nothing for you to move. If you can’t step up in a customer service industry then I suggest you look for something else. Things were slipped into a contract that you probably voted for. Even if they met all your demands they still couldn’t find drivers (thanks YRC). Here’s an idea. Maybe you can lead by example and run an extra load or two on your weekends so the “shiny wheels” aren’t needed. Show some pride and go above sometimes. You’re a Holland driver first, then a Teamster.

Good? What the hell is wrong with you? Let’s hold the freight hostage until your demands are met. Let the customers go somewhere else and I hope you volunteer for the lay-off first because there’s nothing for you to move. If you can’t step up in a customer service industry then I suggest you look for something else. Things were slipped into a contract that you probably voted for. Even if they met all your demands they still couldn’t find drivers (thanks YRC). Here’s an idea. Maybe you can lead by example and run an extra load or two on your weekends so the “shiny wheels” aren’t needed. Show some pride and go above sometimes. You’re a Holland driver first, then a Teamster.
You must like sub standard wages! Are you a driver or manager? James R Hoffa is rolling over in his grave because of what a bunch of candy asses we have become! No you are wrong I am definitely a Teamster first! Holland is just one of many and can be replaced by many others. I'm one of the guys who says if they can't pay the current wage level get out the padlocks! I don't work weekends, that only helps let the company off the hook by not having to hire guys and pay a competitive wage. Are you sure you don't wear a tie during working hours?

You must like sub standard wages! Are you a driver or manager? James R Hoffa is rolling over in his grave because of what a bunch of candy asses we have become! No you are wrong I am definitely a Teamster first! Holland is just one of many and can be replaced by many others. I'm one of the guys who says if they can't pay the current wage level get out the padlocks! I don't work weekends, that only helps let the company off the hook by not having to hire guys and pay a competitive wage. Are you sure you don't wear a tie during working hours?
I’m just a guy that see’s things differently than you do. I want a higher wage every bit as you do but never at the expense of job security. I want to see people working, that includes you. You have to admit that the die-hard, burn barrel union days are in the past. Currently all you hear from the union is “Well, you know guys, you have to understand the company’s point of view here.” If things are just that bad then find a way to fix it. Anyone can come on here and complain, but it takes some character to get off your ass and do something about it.

I’m just a guy that see’s things differently than you do. I want a higher wage every bit as you do but never at the expense of job security. I want to see people working, that includes you. You have to admit that the die-hard, burn barrel union days are in the past. Currently all you hear from the union is “Well, you know guys, you have to understand the company’s point of view here.” If things are just that bad then find a way to fix it. Anyone can come on here and complain, but it takes some character to get off your ass and do something about it.
I try to help them shiny wheel drivers all the time! When their trailer is getting loaded and they are sleeping in their bobtail in back of lot I make a special drive back there and blow my air horn real loud next to their sleeper just to let them know how much I appreciate them!

I try to help them shiny wheel drivers all the time! When their trailer is getting loaded and they are sleeping in their bobtail in back of lot I make a special drive back there and blow my air horn real loud next to their sleeper just to let them know how much I appreciate them!
Keep in mind that they are trying to earn a living, too. I’m sure it’s not that drivers choice to be sitting there all afternoon waiting for their load. Then maybe he won’t be laughing as he blows by you sitting alongside the highway broke down somewhere.

Keep in mind that they are trying to earn a living, too. I’m sure it’s not that drivers choice to be sitting there all afternoon waiting for their load. Then maybe he won’t be laughing as he blows by you sitting alongside the highway broke down somewhere.
I pretrip my truck, I have not broke down in years! I know karma is going to bite me in the ass and I will spend half of tonight on the side of the road for talking so smart!

I pretrip my truck, I have not broke down in years! I know karma is going to bite me in the ass and I will spend half of tonight on the side of the road for talking so smart!

Regardless of how well you pre trip, anything mechanical can and will breakdown, if this happens, call and I will come get you, the toll-free number is BR549.

Sounds childish
You have to understand the mindset of some of these people. They live in a self-centered world where they complain about everything going on around them on here or when the break room is filled with more guys that will listen to them. Yet when their terminal has a management position open they don’t want to step in and make a difference. Same goes when we used outside p & d cartage drivers a year or two ago. Not one road driver complained about them being used. They could have offered to peddle a load here and there to avoid using them. Now that they are here and closing in on their world it’s a problem. I never understood that version of a union brotherhood.

Look at your pay stub, does it say HOLLAND or IBT?

You have to understand the mindset of some of these people. They live in a self-centered world where they complain about everything going on around them on here or when the break room is filled with more guys that will listen to them. Yet when their terminal has a management position open they don’t want to step in and make a difference. Same goes when we used outside p & d cartage drivers a year or two ago. Not one road driver complained about them being used. They could have offered to peddle a load here and there to avoid using them. Now that they are here and closing in on their world it’s a problem. I never understood that version of a union brotherhood.

It’s like dealing with a jilted lover... I don’t want to haul that freight, but I don’t want anyone else to haul that freight either. Makes no sense.

If you have so many options, why are you still working there?
I've said it many times, I like my job, work 8 to 9 hours a night, don't do hardly any work and make livable wage with great insurance. I believe I would have to work harder and longer hours somewhere else and at 61.5 years old I like easy! I would prefer more like 7 hours a night but they got rid of our shortest bid!

I've said it many times, I like my job, work 8 to 9 hours a night, don't do hardly any work and make livable wage with great insurance. I believe I would have to work harder and longer hours somewhere else and at 61.5 years old I like easy! I would prefer more like 7 hours a night but they got rid of our shortest bid!
Ok, now you got me confused. All the negative posts regarding the company, it’s management, the union, the shiny wheels, and then you throw that in how you like your job with it’s good wage and great benefits? Uhh, yeah, I got nothing for ya now.

You're like a woman, you make no sense.