Estes | Overnight Hotel Proceedures

NadaTrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
I work for a different company, but was wondering how does Estes handle finding drivers a hotel? Is it up to the company or you? What happens when they're all booked?

I work for a different company, but was wondering how does Estes handle finding drivers a hotel? Is it up to the company or you? What happens when they're all booked?
Each driver has a corporate lodging card and each terminal should have a list of hotels they prefer you use. And if it comes down that the motels are booked up the drivers can call corporate lodging service and they will find the driver a room.

And if you run the weekends then get to know where the hotels are so you can call and reserve you a room. Especially Holiday weekends.

And if you run the weekends then get to know where the hotels are so you can call and reserve you a room. Especially Holiday weekends.
YEAH! I learned that QUICK! Staying in Indy...hey this Motel 6 isn't as bad as people have said on here......called CL about 0730 this morning and had my room reserved...580 miles(Charlotte-Indy) but LOTS of hills to climb and lead was 18K and tail was 16K...yeah took about all my 11 to make it....NOT use to that! haha DID run into a straightup AHOLE in Indy....acting like he OWNED the yard this afternoon......once again....told me me how OLD HE WAS and I'm young and don't know $hit! Good thing I called Central and said I dropped....reported his tractor number.....I'm NOT out here to give ANYONE grief...PLEASE don't give me grief....I've had a crazy/bad week.....just work.....I'M OLDER THAN I LOOK!

Last edited:
YEAH! I learned that QUICK! Staying in Indy...hey this Motel 6 isn't as bad as people have said on here......called CL about 0730 this morning and had my room reserved...580 miles(Charlotte-Indy) but LOTS of hills to climb and lead was 18K and tail was 16K...yeah took about all my 11 to make it....NOT use to that! haha DID run into a straightup AHOLE in Indy....acting like he OWNED the yard this afternoon......once again....told me me how OLD HE WAS and I'm young and don't know $hit! Good thing I called Central and said I dropped....reported his tractor number.....I'm NOT out here to give ANYONE grief...PLEASE don't give me grief....I've had a crazy/bad week.....just work.....I'M OLDER THAN I LOOK!

The vast majority of people I've met that are employed at Estes are rude, inconsiderate, and have the personality of a piece of loaf bread. Most but not all. As an extra board driver be prepared to be treated like absolute trash, especially by dispatchers at the terminal. Being ignored and having my time wasted seems to happen at most terminals. They make a good job unnecessarily irritating. Oh yea and when a dispatcher at a terminal says they'll call you back at the motel, save yourself the trouble and call central dispatch yourself because I can assure you 9 out of 10 of them won't call you back.

The vast majority of people I've met that are employed at Estes are rude, inconsiderate, and have the personality of a piece of loaf bread. Most but not all. As an extra board driver be prepared to be treated like absolute trash, especially by dispatchers at the terminal. Being ignored and having my time wasted seems to happen at most terminals. They make a good job unnecessarily irritating. Oh yea and when a dispatcher at a terminal says they'll call you back at the motel, save yourself the trouble and call central dispatch yourself because I can assure you 9 out of 10 of them won't call you back.

Truth!!! Raw and uncut!

Truth!!! Raw and uncut!
We all should be treated with respect and like professional drivers but mainly like humans. I have been on different sides of fence. Being P&D,Hub, Extraboard, Linehaul and Dispatch and we all have our BAD days but I try my best to treat everyone the way I want to be treated. There is some bad folks here and there but for most people they are good and try to do right by each other. We all need to try and work together and get along. We all have jobs to do and should act as professionals. But we all do have our moments and get frustrated with different aspects of the job and different problems that comes along. But if we all try to do what is right and have a purpose of being a good person than we could make a difference some where along the way.

I've been treated WORSE than where I'm at, BELIEVE ME! Just pointed out how 99% of the drivers I've run into, so far, have been really helpful and nice.....now this old man bonehead wasn't! Now, dispatchers? The guys in Indy this morning were TOTAL male private parts! haha No paperwork for my tail and they made me sit and wait, and wait, and wait...until I said F&#^ IT! Called central....they said...no hazmat...just go! Now in Owensboro and that yard SUCKS it's in KY but looks more like it should be in JERSEY! haha

I've been treated WORSE than where I'm at, BELIEVE ME! Just pointed out how 99% of the drivers I've run into, so far, have been really helpful and nice.....now this old man bonehead wasn't! Now, dispatchers? The guys in Indy this morning were TOTAL male private parts! haha No paperwork for my tail and they made me sit and wait, and wait, and wait...until I said F&#^ IT! Called central....they said...no hazmat...just go! Now in Owensboro and that yard SUCKS it's in KY but looks more like it should be in JERSEY! haha
Some places and people are better than others. But there is certain things you will learn that you will have to call Central dispatch to get the wheels rolling. I very sorry that you have run into some bad people and had some bad experiences lately. I'm sure that all of our patients are pushed to the limits at times. As much as they push on some of us at times I can see why some of us are in a bad mood. There are some good people here that really do care and try to make the best of job. I hope that things will get better for you and you will find some of the good people that are here. Be careful out on the road.

Truth!!! Raw and uncut!
At least I'm not the only one that feels this way.
We all should be treated with respect and like professional drivers but mainly like humans. I have been on different sides of fence. Being P&D,Hub, Extraboard, Linehaul and Dispatch and we all have our BAD days but I try my best to treat everyone the way I want to be treated. There is some bad folks here and there but for most people they are good and try to do right by each other. We all need to try and work together and get along. We all have jobs to do and should act as professionals. But we all do have our moments and get frustrated with different aspects of the job and different problems that comes along. But if we all try to do what is right and have a purpose of being a good person than we could make a difference some where along the way.

You're right. We should all be patient and respectful but I find that as an extra board driver that very little respect is left over, especially for my time. This is a good job that pays well and simple to do but when my trailers are planned, Bills are ready and I'm just waiting on a cover sheet and 10 scheduled drivers walk in, guess what? I get to sit for another hour while they get all those guys out, for free, on my time, because Me nor the extra freight is worthy of the 1 minute it would have taken to get me out the door. I know the world doesn't evolve around me by any means but we could do a little better.

If you've been treated worse elsewhere I am very sorry, sincerely. That sounds par for the course in Indy. If you can get in and out in less than 3 hours it's a milestone. This is a good job indeed but things like that will frustrate you, and for good reason. Safe travels out there.

I'm normally a quite positive person and that's the end of my rant. Happy trails fellas.

Truth!!! Raw and uncut!

You know at the very least nobody tries to bs us and tell us that we're family/important/appreciated like how some of the other companies clown their drivers.

I'm a mercenary plain and simple, just please pay me how much the actual mileage is from terminal to terminal and don't short me on my drops and hooks. Why even pay for hooks if you're only gonna pay me for half of them?!

You know at the very least nobody tries to bs us and tell us that we're family/important/appreciated like how some of the other companies clown their drivers.

I'm a mercenary plain and simple, just please pay me how much the actual mileage is from terminal to terminal and don't short me on my drops and hooks. Why even pay for hooks if you're only gonna pay me for half of them?!
We all I think try our best to do our jobs the best way possible. It is very unfortunate that in trucking that we don't get paid for everything we should especially our time and I have heard of some talk in different places to pay us some detention pay. But I have been here for a while and I'll wait and see on that one. I give up about 2 or more hours of my time each day so I feel your pain. And if you are not getting your drop's and hook's paid for the way we do it at our terminal when we put them in on the peoplenet system we send them to payroll and our manager and he checks to make sure that we are paid for as much as possible. I hope we all have a good week ahead and try our best to be patient with others and change the thing's that we can. To all be safe out there and remember to take time for those that matter's to each one of us.

He (Mr. Fruitloop) is absolutely right. 100% right! We extra board drivers get treated like crap. It's progressively getting worse. I could go on and on about how bad we're treated.

I hope someone from corporate reads these things. It would be to their benefit if they did.

What's worse is that one way or another they (Central) will be losing a dam good driver in him. That's their loss.

Bottom line is that we are here for that deposit every Friday morning. That does not give them the right to treat us in a manner that they would not like to be treated.

Some of you drivers are living in a fantasy world. I completely understand that you want to stay positive. But also you need to open your eyes.

Some drivers seem to be content with the negativity. It's normalcy to some. Not to me. My time is very valuable to me. To them there is absolutely no regard of my time.

Enough said. Be safe out there. Happy 4th to you all!

At least I'm not the only one that feels this way.

You're right. We should all be patient and respectful but I find that as an extra board driver that very little respect is left over, especially for my time. This is a good job that pays well and simple to do but when my trailers are planned, Bills are ready and I'm just waiting on a cover sheet and 10 scheduled drivers walk in, guess what? I get to sit for another hour while they get all those guys out, for free, on my time, because Me nor the extra freight is worthy of the 1 minute it would have taken to get me out the door. I know the world doesn't evolve around me by any means but we could do a little better.

If you've been treated worse elsewhere I am very sorry, sincerely. That sounds par for the course in Indy. If you can get in and out in less than 3 hours it's a milestone. This is a good job indeed but things like that will frustrate you, and for good reason. Safe travels out there.

I'm normally a quite positive person and that's the end of my rant. Happy trails fellas.
thank you....but being treated far worse....let's say BEFORE I got into trucking I was humiliated, harrassed, and VERBALLY/EMOTIONALLY Abused by 2 former employers/employees.....long story short.....they weren't exactly happy with the outcome of their actions.....AFTER the fact I was 'laid off' haha my bank account sure was though!