R&L | Overtime, are you getting it?

sapper

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard that some of us are getting overtime. This has become a urban legend of sorts among drivers. I am asking if this is true. I don't want the terminal you are at, just the state. We have all heard of the give backs of bennies by other LTL drivers. The main difference is that they are getting OT, we aren't.

Or are we?

If we end up giving back ten percent or more of our hourly wage because of "economic conditions", and are told that other companies have or are doing it, I want to be able to say with complete confidence, " Yea, but they get OT, we don't!" We all know that you can't really get any lower labor costs when you don't pay OT. Take a additional ten percent off that, and that should make anyones operating ratio look good.

Hmmm....

Thanks in advance for responding.

Sapper :ranting:

I can't even get paid for the days I work let alone overtime. Worked six days Sun-Fri coming off of the holiday weekend and only got paid for five. Calling Wilmington first thing Monday, then the Labor Board if I don't get the answer I'm looking for.

I can't even get paid for the days I work let alone overtime. Worked six days Sun-Fri coming off of the holiday weekend and only got paid for five. Calling Wilmington first thing Monday, then the Labor Board if I don't get the answer I'm looking for.

You guys aren't salary down there?

9=5 I give them 100%. After 5 I give them 50% and don't care it I get it done. I am only worth half pay at that point in the day. I have had a change of hart how I look at R&L. I see it all in a new way. Being under paid after 8. I give them what they are paying for. If they route me wrong I move no freight to make it right..