XPO | Overtime exemption

Would you support this Bill ?

• Yes

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Why would anyone in their right mind be opposed to this bill? Oh well, stranger things have happened haven't they?
Well it is mainly proposed by Democrats . I suppose some people may be opposed to it for that . Should be interesting to see how many Republicans support it .

Last edited:
That's why when I posted that info yesterday I said for everyone to call their congressman. We need to push for passage.
Sorry didn’t see your post . The main reason these type of pushes fail is because drivers accept the status quo. The only way things get better is if we push for them . Covid and the driver shortage showed how valuable we are to the economy.

Drivers certainly have the numbers to push this through. It’s wether we can set aside our political differences and support bipartisan legislation that is needed . I know I’m going to take heat for this but I’m willing to bet this will not get through if the Republicans regain control. Time to do it is now .

Last edited:
Why wouldn't this pass??

The more you make the more they can tax you.

I see the trucking companies not wanting this passing.

It’s going to be particularly interesting to see where it goes. You should keep an eye on your legislatures and their responses to this. You would think that they would support it but Big business constituents will not. It should quickly show who is for the working guy and who is not. My guess is you will probably see legislators in “right to work” states will not support it.

This is the issue truckers should having protest caravans over.

This is a issue we a can get behind.

This issue keeps trucking company owners up at night.

Last edited:
Does the exemption include those that are in related trucking jobs? Like the dockworkers?
Drivers, driver's helpers, loaders and mechanics are exempt from the overtime pay provisions of the FLSA if employed by a motor carrier, and if the employee's duties affect the safety of operation of the vehicles in transportation of passengers or property in interstate or foreign commerce. You may also wish to review the applicable regulation.

This is copied and pasted from a FLSA info page run by the Dept of Labor