XPO | Overtime exemption

Would you support this Bill ?

• Yes

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Just for transparency here is “my part” of a conversation I had with Streaker :

You don’t think for a second Sir that I haven’t dealt with your type and the agenda you tout.
I have been down this road a thousand times . The only reason you guys get any traction here is because these guys don’t realize how deep you guys go to steer public opion . I realize how vital this is to the guys who pay your bills but it’s just realize how important it is to the workers . Your guys are going to profit one way or another. These guys dont have that advantage.

If these guys didn’t lean so hard to the right your influence and the ones who fund you would be limited .
Just do me a solid and cut the ******** with me . You can have your say on any topic but just realize it doesn’t fool some of us.
Other than that have fun.

all the best
ov
Posting all of it would be transparency

Here are my portions of that conversation ( again I can not post his potion):

Likely response because there’s no payola for you without public debate. I have done my due diligence on you. I have have found you guys flounder when know one publicly debates you. It’s all you have.

All the Best
OV

And lastly my portion :

Oh almost forgot . Thank you for not denying your intent. I give you some respect for that.

I can possibly bring a 3 rd person with your consent into the conversation so they can verify this if you like ?

Looks like Streaker and OV need a time out!!

yNCtH.jpg
Not needed I’m cool and said what I have to say. I won’t feed into him because it’s giving him what he wants and allowing us to move off topic.

One thing to keep in mind is this is a very hot topic for the trucking industry. Billions in dollars for the top brass could be at steak . If you think for one minute that they are above social influence in any public forum you are kidding yourself . Social influencers abound these days . They are vital today’s Corporations and politicians. Drivers hold the cards on this legislation by simply their vote . That scares the hell out of these companies that be it from it staying in place . If you think this forum or any other is immune from it you would be wrong.

Last edited:
I think the posters/drivers here have spoken on this debate and overwhelming support changing the law.

Not needed I’m cool and said what I have to say. I won’t feed into him because it’s giving him what he wants and allowing us to move off topic.

One thing to keep in mind is this is a very hot topic for the trucking industry. Billions in dollars for the top brass could be at steak . If you think for one minute that they are above social influence in any public forum you are kidding yourself . Social influencers abound these days . They are vital today’s Corporations and politicians. Drivers hold the cards on this legislation by simply their vote . That scares the hell out of these companies that be it from it staying in place . If you think this forum or any other is immune from it you would be wrong.
Personally I will not be affected much. The ltl side of the company pays by the hour and o/t. Yes, even us linehaul are on the clock. BTW most terminals are hiring!!

Whatever the case with Streaker , I really don't think it matters. As far as the points Streaker makes , Triplex did a great job of arguing counterpoints.

I did not see Streaker argue against being hypocritical when asked about turning down a raise to help his employer.

In this country , we don't shy away from trying to fix what's wrong , or repair what's broken because we are used to things being broken or not working right.

Whatever the case with Streaker , I really don't think it matters. As far as the points Streaker makes , Triplex did a great job of arguing counterpoints.

I did not see Streaker argue against being hypocritical when asked about turning down a raise to help his employer.

In this country , we don't shy away from trying to fix what's wrong , or repair what's broken because we are used to things being broken or not working right.

I was never asked about turning down a raise, but the answer is no I wouldn't. That's not hypocritical because I would never ask someone to take a pay cut.

I think you're referring to the question I asked OV that he never answered because I'm an influencer get paid big bucks by the elites.

We have the power to
We have the full power to initiate change still. (That’s scares the hell out of those in power. )Multiple ways to do it . The problem currently is getting the correct information to make the right choice. The change can be made when we are cohesive. There are unfortunately because of the world we live in and the expanse of social media too many influencers that do not have our best interest at heart. It becomes very confusing and many happy come disenchanted with the process.
The power is still in your vote for now.

Last edited:
It might be helpful to to think about this issue in more general terms. For many years, it seems the general public has been ignorant about the workings of the supply- chain and how dependent it is upon trucks and drivers. The pandemic and it’s related issues changed all that. Nobody really gave a damn before. Go to the store, get your stuff. Easy.
All of a sudden, everyone was being acutely affected by an already weak supply chain that was now being stretched to the limit. This caused Americans and businesses to start putting pressure on the government to do something. The Fed DOT did an audit and identified this issue (among many others) as a contributor to turnover in the industry, and a hinderance to recruitment (when compared to other blue collar professions)

Obviously this affects OTR more than LTL, but the question is; knowing how critical the trucking industry is to the the economy, is it in the long term interest of the United States to fix this issue in order to ensure a sustainable and efficient supply chain, and will fixing this issue (or not fixing it) attract more employees into this career field to accomplish this goal?
Seems like an easy answer to me.

BTW, there is no such thing as a “legal fiduciary responsibility to shareholders“.
This is a myth.

“On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world. Shareholder value is a result, not a strategy… your main constituencies are your employees, your customers and your products…”
Jack Welch
Former CEO, General Electric

Last edited:
<snip>

“On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world. Shareholder value is a result, not a strategy… your main constituencies are your employees, your customers and your products…”
Jack Welch
Former CEO, General Electric

So much for his caring about employees...

Welch acquired new businesses and did not hesitate to use layoffs and outsourcing to streamline them, sometimes leaving shattered, embittered communities behind. He faced criticism - particularly after he retired from GE - for his cavalier attitude about offshoring and shutting U.S. plants, a theme that has grown more potent since the election of President Trump.
The U.S. industrial belt is dotted with communities devastated by GE’s downsizing. At its peak, for instance, GE employed 30,000 at a sprawling integrated industrial plant in Schenectady, New York, that now employs fewer than 3,000.

Welch acquired new businesses and did not hesitate to use layoffs and outsourcing to streamline them, sometimes leaving shattered, embittered communities behind. He faced criticism - particularly after he retired from GE - for his cavalier attitude about offshoring and shutting U.S. plants, a theme that has grown more potent since the election of President Trump.
The U.S. industrial belt is dotted with communities devastated by GE’s downsizing. At its peak, for instance, GE employed 30,000 at a sprawling integrated industrial plant in Schenectady, New York, that now employs fewer than 3,000.

It's horrible, but it's all about the money. Nobody cares about those jobs, they only care about the +400B dollars over the course of 20 years. Evidence of this is other CEOs following his lead.

No argument about Welch.
I believe what he said was correct in principle. It’s too bad he didn’t do what he said.

Drivers have a small window of opportunity to improve things at this point . Demand is high for now but an economic turndown can evaporate this opportunity in the short term. Also if Republicans regain the house the possibility will disappear.

The issue is not wether it has the support of the drivers . It’s wether the drivers have the initiative to see it through.