SEFL | Overtime Pay?

Good Question Regaurding Ot Pay

:1036316054:that's A Good Question Driver 1!
All Drivers Should Have The Right To Overtime Pay Reguardless Of 'company Rules When You Hired On' As One Driver Posted: Did You Not Know That Sefl Does Not Pay Ot When You Hired On? What An Attitude To Have !!!! In Other Words, Don't Try And Change Anything For The Betterment Of The Drivers, That's What He Is Saying/ Leave It All Up To The Company To Decide What Kind Of Quality Of Life You And Your Family
Should Enjoy. Men, That's Excactly What Sefl Management Wants You To Do! I'll Bet The Corporate Big Wigs At Sefl Take Those Bonuses And Stock Options Every Year Without Felling Guilty. Driver, You Are Right To Question Ot Pay And You All Deserve It. It Makes Me Sick That In This Day And Age, Workers Rights Are Getting Worse Instead Of Better. Good Luck And God Bless The Working Man.

Good post Mike, thats why they can work the Ft. Smith drivers 60 hours per week and stay short staffed, if OT were being paid they would be forced to create more jobs and drivers would work less hours and have a better home life. Just my humble opinion, I work 50 plus and I hate it, I am trying everything I can think of to get faster and reduce my time on the job!

:1036316054:that's A Good Question Driver 1!
All Drivers Should Have The Right To Overtime Pay Reguardless Of 'company Rules When You Hired On' As One Driver Posted: Did You Not Know That Sefl Does Not Pay Ot When You Hired On? What An Attitude To Have !!!! In Other Words, Don't Try And Change Anything For The Betterment Of The Drivers, That's What He Is Saying/ Leave It All Up To The Company To Decide What Kind Of Quality Of Life You And Your Family
Should Enjoy. Men, That's Excactly What Sefl Management Wants You To Do! I'll Bet The Corporate Big Wigs At Sefl Take Those Bonuses And Stock Options Every Year Without Felling Guilty. Driver, You Are Right To Question Ot Pay And You All Deserve It. It Makes Me Sick That In This Day And Age, Workers Rights Are Getting Worse Instead Of Better. Good Luck And God Bless The Working Man.

SEFL is a privately owned company there are no stock options for the "corporate big wigs"

Good post Mike, thats why they can work the Ft. Smith drivers 60 hours per week and stay short staffed, if OT were being paid they would be forced to create more jobs and drivers would work less hours and have a better home life. Just my humble opinion, I work 50 plus and I hate it, I am trying everything I can think of to get faster and reduce my time on the job!
The long hours are not because of not paying o.t. Other companies that pay o.t. do the same thing it is more a cost of benefits and cost of operating equipment than anything. I do work about 50 to 55 hours a week, I would love to get it down to 40 to 45 SEFL and other companies burn out alot of good employees by working them to long and to few hours at home.

The long hours are not because of not paying o.t. Other companies that pay o.t. do the same thing it is more a cost of benefits and cost of operating equipment than anything. I do work about 50 to 55 hours a week, I would love to get it down to 40 to 45 SEFL and other companies burn out alot of good employees by working them to long and to few hours at home.

I have to tell you, if I ever went back into freight and wanted to go non-union, SEFL is real high up on the list of places I would want to apply, the only thing that would hold me back are the hours, I know quite a bit about your company because my wife worked there, I know you all are top notch. The reason I said what I said was because, when 21.00 or whatever you guys make turnes into 30.00 per hour the company usually finds ways to cut hours.

I have to tell you, if I ever went back into freight and wanted to go non-union, SEFL is real high up on the list of places I would want to apply, the only thing that would hold me back are the hours, I know quite a bit about your company because my wife worked there, I know you all are top notch. The reason I said what I said was because, when 21.00 or whatever you guys make turnes into 30.00 per hour the company usually finds ways to cut hours.
The hours are my biggest complaint especially when your starting at 8:30 or 9:00 55 hours cuts into your hometime.

If you want more hometime, maybe you need to go somewhere else. Where you can work 8-5 for 12 bucks an hour.

You don't have to be like that...whats wrong with wanting better where you work? If I worked at SEFL I would want OT too, there is nothing wrong with wanting more home time, if a company pays OT chances are they will put on more drivers to keep that expense down, if you have a crappy home life, and I'm not saying you do , some of the guys don't, and they want to spend time with their spouse and kids. That sounds like a mgmt. response to me and whats with freight thrower, come on man be original...like me!!!!:D

If you want more hometime, maybe you need to go somewhere else. Where you can work 8-5 for 12 bucks an hour.
Did I say I wanted to go somewhere else? Did I say I was unhappy? I said it was my biggest complaint, I could always go into management and take that big paycut i guess. I welcome any other assinine comments you would like to throw out here.

I guess electraglideatl would rather come to a non union site and @itch about us not getting overtime while his companies stock has plumeted. At least SEFL is a Profitable company that is stable. I am not worried about getting layed off tomorrow although I did get cut tonite

WELL U CAN SAY ALL YOU WANT ABOUT MY COMPANY BUT WHEN ALL OF THE GLITCHES ARE WORKED OUT AND WE STARTED TAKING YOUR FREIGHT THEN YOU WILL EAT THOSE WORDS.......YOUR BOSS CAN FIRE YOU ANYTIME HE WANTS TO BUT MINE........WAIT A MINUTE ......I DONT HAVE A BOSS.....I AM MY BOSS......MY DISPATCHER DOES WHAT I SAY......YOU CANT SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS UNDER THE BOSSES DESK PLEASING HIM TO KEEP YOUR **** JOBS.........:funky:

SEFL is not the only exception in the nonunion LTL business..

YOU ARE WRONG..........FEDX FREIGHT GETS OT AFTER 8 JUST LIKE THE UNION LINES.....REASON IS BECAUSE THEY STOOD UP AND SAID "WE WANT OT AFTER 8". AND THEY GOT IT..........YALL ARE TOO SCARED .....:funky:

WELL U CAN SAY ALL YOU WANT ABOUT MY COMPANY BUT WHEN ALL OF THE GLITCHES ARE WORKED OUT AND WE STARTED TAKING YOUR FREIGHT THEN YOU WILL EAT THOSE WORDS.......YOUR BOSS CAN FIRE YOU ANYTIME HE WANTS TO BUT MINE........WAIT A MINUTE ......I DONT HAVE A BOSS.....I AM MY BOSS......MY DISPATCHER DOES WHAT I SAY......YOU CANT SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS UNDER THE BOSSES DESK PLEASING HIM TO KEEP YOUR **** JOBS.........:funky:
Trust me it is not that easy to get fired at SEFL, I've seen plenty that were kept on to long before HR would give the ok to fire them so you need to just butt your *** out and go back to sitting on your lazy ***.

this guy needs a reality check. yrc is laying off more guys and closing more terminals. SEFL is definately not perfect but is absolutely a decent place to work. Making 21.05 an hour with no college degree and home with my family everyday is a blessing.

well i to knew that sefl did not pay overtime when they hired me but i did
not know i was going to be working 55 to 60 hours aweek. yes they dont
pay overtime for what reason i dont know,so if they dont pay overtime they
should not be able to force you to work over 40. i know they are working the
guys to death, instead of hiring to cut back on working 55 to 60 hours a week but
if you look at it a man that works these type of hours week in and week out is
soon going to end up in some way hurting himsefl or having an accident.

United states department of labor says companys are to pay there employee"s
overtime after 40 hours but in some states they are required to pay overtime
after 8 hours. This is (federal) laws not state. You guys need to read up on this.
Just punch in united states department of labor, then read the laws....

Not breaking the law

United states department of labor says companys are to pay there employee"s
overtime after 40 hours but in some states they are required to pay overtime
after 8 hours. This is (federal) laws not state. You guys need to read up on this.
Just punch in united states department of labor, then read the laws....[/QUOTE

The majority of trucking companies fall under the railway act( you can look it up). Under that they are not required to pay OT as long as the company crosses state lines. That is how companies can pay by the mile, by the trip, no OT, OT after 45, after 60 and so on. Companies that pay this way are not breaking any laws and do not fall under state laws for OT ( been at many a company that pay OT after 45 or no OT). This has been going on for a realy long time, there have even been Union jobs that have payed OT after 45.:tumbleweed::6817: